Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Shed Security Alarm System

Shed Security Alarm System

looking for a simple alarm system for a shed...something like a motion detector that i can plug in inside the shed and have the audible alarm inside the house...maybe a fob to disarm it when i'm already outside so i don't have to go back in the house to disarm...range would have to be 100+ feet for a signal and it would have to be able to handle the cold since the shed won't be heated...anyone have any recommendations?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Re: Shed Security Alarm System

do you leave the door open? why not a simple button in the door jam, door opens, alarm sounds, or are there other ways to get inside... or maybe you want to know when rodents are chewing on shit

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Hypertarded

cheap outdoor camera with motion activation mounted inside shed, web connected with alert to your phone

or if you wanna go low tech

Shed Security Alarm System-alarm1-jpg or Shed Security Alarm System-alarm2-jpg

Subscribed. We are getting a new shed tomorrow. We have the Arlo cameras, which have a max range of 300 feet. The shed is about 400 feet.

If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    do you leave the door open? why not a simple button in the door jam, door opens, alarm sounds, or are there other ways to get inside... or maybe you want to know when rodents are chewing on shit
    2 doors (6' wide double doors) and 2 windows...looking for a wireless setup because running wire would be a huge pain in the ass with my setup

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

thanks but i'm not going to be able to hear those from inside my house if they are going off in a shed in my backyard

after thinking about it a little more i'm thinking of going 1 of 2 ways...i'm liking option 3 the best right now...

some type of motion detecting camera system that would alert via cell phone app and i could check into live...i have family that sometimes goes into the shed to borrow things...some of them are fine with technology and some not so much...so something like arlo so i would be able to see who is in there rather than just set off an alarm and have to worry about people having to go in the house to disable i'm just afraid to brick my cell phone by updating from ios 8.3 to 11.0.1

a motion detector which alarms inside the house at a hub and possibly alerts to a cell phone app and also has fobs to arm/disarm

basically 1 + 2...motion detector camera + separate motion detector which alarms in house with fobs to arm/disarm just the alarm...the camera will stay live...if there is a camera that can do that then no motion detector necessary

This topic comes up frequently enough I think I need to start building basic garage/shed alarms. Here's the deal, a REALLY loud fucking noise with make anyone run IMMEDIATELY. Enter your 130 dB electric buzzer. Wire up either a door switch (single entry point) or a motion to a time on delay relay, set delay to 30 seconds. Have a basic kill switch in a discrete location. Anyway, I could set up a pre-wired box with alarm built in and all someone would need to do would be plug it into 120V and wire in the kill switch and detector.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief