Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Good shop for aftermarket work

Question Good shop for aftermarket work

My wife's Armada just threw a CEL last night. She's taking it in today to get it checked. I did a little research and there's a great chance it is the dreaded cracked manifold issue. The truck is still under 80k, which should precipitate the emissions warranty since the cat is connected to the manifold. But if it doesn't, I'm finding my best bet is to do aftermarket headers and cats for longevity, the factory headers are junk. It is a slightly more expensive option, but I don't mind spending the extra $$ for keeping this truck longer.

Anyway, while I have tools and knowledge, my time and patience is really limited lately. IF I have to go that route, I'll be looking for a good shop that could install these for me without taking a ton of short cuts. Any suggestions for shops?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Re: Good shop for aftermarket work

Not sure how close you are, but I use Champion Motorsports in Seekonk, MA for my A4. I've found them to be very honest; last year not long after I purchased the Audi I discovered an engine oil sludge problem (common on the 1.8T) that could have been very pricey. Champion was recommended to me by the shop I previously used because they didn't want to touch it. I called and the owner Jordan said he'd worked that problem multiple times before and gave me a price range for repair depending on the severity of the problem, it was between $700-1500. I would have no way of really knowing what they had into it, he called me when it was fixed and was actually under his original low end estimate, $645 out the door. They now get all of my work (which is a decent amount owning a B5 A4) and they're always reasonable. Anyway, kudos to them. If they're reasonably close give them a call and tell them Duncan sent you.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Thanks. That's not too far and really this is a pretty big job so going a few extra miles to have someone do it right is well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Thanks. That's not too far and really this is a pretty big job so going a few extra miles to have someone do it right is well worth the effort.
    Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

I'm in North Central MA.
    Might be moot, just found out the code is for evap system leak. But given the nature of the manifold problem, that might be on the list to take care of in the coming year.