Sick Puppy!

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

Tragic fuckin' news yesterday...

Amy took our new pup to the vet for a check-up. They discovered a heart murmer, rated about a 3/4 out of 6... pretty serious. Apparently heart murmers in Boxers is often times fatal....

I can't fuckin' believe this is happening. We researched breeders for 6 months before deciding on one. The parents were all "supposedly" checked and given ultrasounds. But I think that's a crock of shit, considering we received a clean bill of health for the puppy, completed by a vet two days before we got him.

This is my baby....! If something happens to him... between the tears I'll be settin' my scope on someone!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

dude sorry to hear it.. I know my Rotty is my baby... and as I watch him getting older and having problems getting around I get teary eyed wondering what I'll do when it's his time to go.. sucks.. pets should outlive their owners.. perhaps next time I'll get a tortuise....

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

i hear 'gators can live 80+ years...

i'm really sorry to hear 'bout the pup, though, man. my wife wants to get a golden retriever, which i'd love, but they have so many problems... i'm thinking "mutt" is the way to go.
    -t

0 Not allowed!
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

iTrader Score
    -1 (0%)

Sick Puppy!

Sorry to hear about your Pup... my folks recently lost the long time family dog... it sucked...

My wife and I have a cat named Levi... he might as well be a dog the way he hangs out with you and stuff... it's gonna suck when he goes...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

you know that movie Cats and Dogs... its funny cept for the big dogs reason for being a dick.. whats his name .. butch... anyways, my poor dog was left home when his buddy went to school too, i feel bad about doing that to him.
    But now he is starting to get more than just a little old at my mom's house. i have been thinking of bringing him out to boston for his last few years so he can have a little more fun than living with an old woman who wont throw the damn ball.

This is too damn depressing, lets start a new topic. Like, I Pity the Foo!

0 Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Sick Puppy!

Sorry to hear that Rich. I hope shit turns out ok. Any options available for treating it? I know it's just a valve problem (right? cuz I have a murmer too)...but open heart surgery on a dog is probably pretty pricy.

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

I forget the exact percentages... but there's like a 50% that it could shorten his life span... to something as short as six months.

There's a 25% chance that it's just a minor valve problem, with no circulation problem and he'll be fine. There's a 25% chance that it will heal as he grows.

We have to wait another month to see. Then if he still has it, it'll cost $200 for the ultrasound. As for surgery... if it's an option, I don't care what it'll cost, take out a second mortgage if'n we have to. He's part of the family, sooo...

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

But I think that's a crock of shit, considering we received a clean bill of health for the puppy, completed by a vet two days before we got him.

I wonder if the original vet was competent, I'd be mighty pissed if I got a pet based on a healthy report only to find out it was bogus.

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Mrs. Frankenstein
    iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

sooo sorry to hear about that Rich. I know exactly how you feel right now - my dog had all sorts of problems in her old age. And they definitely do become a huge part of the family...you might want to consider bringing this issue up to whomever you got the dog from. Not that it'd do much good, but...?

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

Already done Rach... The bitch works for the vet that gave the health certificate. Which btw, they never told us he had a undecended testicle (ouch)... She wasn't overly concerned and acted all surprised.

Which wasn't a big deal... I'm more pissed at her for tellings us, "not to worry"... Can you imagine!?

If we lose our lil guy, she's gonna find out about not worrying!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar
    iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

Rich did you know that pups have a lot of open valves that still are closing off and by the time that he or she is a year old that murrmer could get less of a issue. My pup has one also and so far with every check up it gets smaller and less faint every check up. I wisk you the best with your pup.

0 Not allowed!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Bikeless Prick
    iTrader Score

Sick Puppy!

Thanks man... that's exactly what we are hoping. I guess it's just more of a concern because it can be particularly lethal in Boxer pups... We're also really upset with the breeders non-chalant attitude.

We'll see, next appointment is in three weeks.

0 Not allowed!
    Rich