Sick Puppy!

Bikeless Prick

Sick Puppy!

Tragic fuckin' news yesterday...

Amy took our new pup to the vet for a check-up. They discovered a heart murmer, rated about a 3/4 out of 6... pretty serious. Apparently heart murmers in Boxers is often times fatal....

I can't fuckin' believe this is happening. We researched breeders for 6 months before deciding on one. The parents were all "supposedly" checked and given ultrasounds. But I think that's a crock of shit, considering we received a clean bill of health for the puppy, completed by a vet two days before we got him.

This is my baby....! If something happens to him... between the tears I'll be settin' my scope on someone!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Sick Puppy!

dude sorry to hear it.. I know my Rotty is my baby... and as I watch him getting older and having problems getting around I get teary eyed wondering what I'll do when it's his time to go.. sucks.. pets should outlive their owners.. perhaps next time I'll get a tortuise....

0 Not allowed!

Sick Puppy!

i hear 'gators can live 80+ years...

i'm really sorry to hear 'bout the pup, though, man. my wife wants to get a golden retriever, which i'd love, but they have so many problems... i'm thinking "mutt" is the way to go.
    -t

0 Not allowed!
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Sick Puppy!

Sorry to hear about your Pup... my folks recently lost the long time family dog... it sucked...

My wife and I have a cat named Levi... he might as well be a dog the way he hangs out with you and stuff... it's gonna suck when he goes...

0 Not allowed!

Sick Puppy!

you know that movie Cats and Dogs... its funny cept for the big dogs reason for being a dick.. whats his name .. butch... anyways, my poor dog was left home when his buddy went to school too, i feel bad about doing that to him.
    But now he is starting to get more than just a little old at my mom's house. i have been thinking of bringing him out to boston for his last few years so he can have a little more fun than living with an old woman who wont throw the damn ball.

This is too damn depressing, lets start a new topic. Like, I Pity the Foo!

0 Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Sick Puppy!

Sorry to hear that Rich. I hope shit turns out ok. Any options available for treating it? I know it's just a valve problem (right? cuz I have a murmer too)...but open heart surgery on a dog is probably pretty pricy.

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

Bikeless Prick

Sick Puppy!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

I forget the exact percentages... but there's like a 50% that it could shorten his life span... to something as short as six months.

There's a 25% chance that it's just a minor valve problem, with no circulation problem and he'll be fine. There's a 25% chance that it will heal as he grows.

We have to wait another month to see. Then if he still has it, it'll cost $200 for the ultrasound. As for surgery... if it's an option, I don't care what it'll cost, take out a second mortgage if'n we have to. He's part of the family, sooo...

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Sick Puppy!

But I think that's a crock of shit, considering we received a clean bill of health for the puppy, completed by a vet two days before we got him.

I wonder if the original vet was competent, I'd be mighty pissed if I got a pet based on a healthy report only to find out it was bogus.

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Mrs. Frankenstein

Sick Puppy!

sooo sorry to hear about that Rich. I know exactly how you feel right now - my dog had all sorts of problems in her old age. And they definitely do become a huge part of the family...you might want to consider bringing this issue up to whomever you got the dog from. Not that it'd do much good, but...?

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless Prick

Sick Puppy!

Already done Rach... The bitch works for the vet that gave the health certificate. Which btw, they never told us he had a undecended testicle (ouch)... She wasn't overly concerned and acted all surprised.

Which wasn't a big deal... I'm more pissed at her for tellings us, "not to worry"... Can you imagine!?

If we lose our lil guy, she's gonna find out about not worrying!

0 Not allowed!
    Rich

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Sick Puppy!

Rich did you know that pups have a lot of open valves that still are closing off and by the time that he or she is a year old that murrmer could get less of a issue. My pup has one also and so far with every check up it gets smaller and less faint every check up. I wisk you the best with your pup.

0 Not allowed!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Bikeless Prick

Sick Puppy!

Thanks man... that's exactly what we are hoping. I guess it's just more of a concern because it can be particularly lethal in Boxer pups... We're also really upset with the breeders non-chalant attitude.

We'll see, next appointment is in three weeks.

0 Not allowed!
    Rich