Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ski Snowboard 2020-2021

Ski Snowboard 2020-2021

Early start since I can’t ride due to a broken collarbone.

Purchased an Epic Pass for the season for my three kids and I. Epic has a Veteran pass that gives nationwide access for $559. Their competitor Ikon does not, so my Colorado daughter now has Epic instead.

They credited me $120 from last season. The National college student pass was $659, Northeast Region $419. My HS student son got one for $459. You can put down $49 and pay the rest 9/15.

The payback seems shorter than ever.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

Re: Ski Snowboard 2020-2021

In the days of $120 lift tickets (although I don't think anyone actually ever pays that) that's one hell of a deal.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Killington beast pass comes with a base ikon this year. Monthly payment all year and works for downhill mtb and golf so I'm all set except I can't meet VTs requirements to visit sooo... House payment and pass payment are only that.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

I'm simple,

Season pass at Shawnee, where I have a place. Head up almost every Thursday night, ski a little, work a little through Sunday. It's a small place but 200 steps to the slope with ski boots on and I don't really need bigger to have fun and be outside.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

If C-19 remains out of control into the winter what are the odds lodges / cafeterias will be open? What about gondolas?

Just got an update from Shawnee

Building larger spaces for outdoor eating, planning for distance and safety in the lift lines. They are go for this season.

I think the larger, more Revenue driven places may actually have a harder time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    If C-19 remains out of control into the winter what are the odds lodges / cafeterias will be open? What about gondolas?
    I got a letter for returning employees yesterday from Snowbasin. They plan to run the 2 gondolas at full capacity with mandatory mask rule. Mandatory masks in the lodges. Reduced class sizes. From 7 to 6. Like that will make a difference. And kids will all be private lessons only.

To despise diversity of thought means it's just a tiny step to despise diversity.

I'll probably get an Icon pass again, even though I used it twice last year, then COVID hit. With a Tahoe house share and a van I should put good use to it...but I said the same thing last year.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

I have a pass to Big sky again... just because its

1. Free.
    2. I can walk to a lift from my front door.

It will be interesting to see what happens Covid wise, Boyne stopped selling season passes earlier this summer because they sold more than they thought and Boyne sucks the Ikon pass cock hard and doesn;t give a flying fuck about locals and employees. The "new england pass" is getting resold without the option to go to different mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I'm simple,

Season pass at Shawnee, where I have a place. Head up almost every Thursday night, ski a little, work a little through Sunday. It's a small place but 200 steps to the slope with ski boots on and I don't really need bigger to have fun and be outside.
    Maybe it's a golden era fallacy. But I love Shawnee. I grew up skiing that place >20 days a year. Back when it was called pleasant mountain and the east side was abandoned and in disrepair. There was a t bar that went up the east headwall that was made using massive truck springs. First time I rode it I was too small and it threw me into the air. My grandparents were season pass holders. My grandmother did half days into her early 70's.

I could deal with a day at that place right about now.

Lifer

From Stowe's website: "we will be managing how many people are on our mountains this season and implementing a pass holder reservation system. Reservations will be required to access our mountains. For the vast majority of days, we anticipate our mountains will be able to accommodate everyone who wants to ski or ride at our resorts." I was thinking of renting a place there for the month of February. This policy would work fine for me but there's no way the guys would would be dropping in will be coordinated enough to plan for and reserve tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    From Stowe's website: "we will be managing how many people are on our mountains this season and implementing a pass holder reservation system. Reservations will be required to access our mountains. For the vast majority of days, we anticipate our mountains will be able to accommodate everyone who wants to ski or ride at our resorts." I was thinking of renting a place there for the month of February. This policy would work fine for me but there's no way the guys would would be dropping in will be coordinated enough to plan for and reserve tickets.
    I am guessing they will be okay everyday but Saturdays and the 2 school vacation weeks and MLK weekend.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    I am guessing they will be okay everyday but Saturdays and the 2 school vacation weeks and MLK weekend.
    I'll probably go with the first two weeks of Feb and MAR and leave the holiday/vacation days to the masses.

Don’t know if it’s too late to buy passes, but a lot of areas are opening first to pass holders only, at least in the Epic network.

Adding some TARGET opening dates:

Attitash | Friday, December 4, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Crotched | Saturday, December 5, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Hunter | Friday, November 20, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Killington | Saturday, November 14, 2020
    Mount Snow | Saturday, November 14, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Mt. Sunapee | Wednesday, November 25, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Okemo | Saturday, November 21, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Stowe | Friday, November 20, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)
    Stratton | November 25, 2020.
    Wildcat | Friday, November 13, 2020 ( Passes only, Lift tickets go onsale Dec 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Killington beast pass comes with a base ikon this year. Monthly payment all year and works for downhill mtb and golf so I'm all set except I can't meet VTs requirements to visit sooo... House payment and pass payment are only that.
    What is the golf at Killington like? Any good?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    What is the golf at Killington like? Any good?
    No idea, I don't golf haha.

Course seems ok. Folks I know up there golf a bunch... So... Yeah still no idea.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Grabbed a season pass for Wachusett after not riding since my shoulder surgery in 2015. This should be interesting

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    In the days of $120 lift tickets (although I don't think anyone actually ever pays that) that's one hell of a deal.
    Is there a common way to get tickets for less other than a season pass? My eyes are bugging out at these prices and I'm wondering whether skiing/snowboarding is something my kids will ever do more than once in a blue moon. I loved it as a teenager, but I think the only reason I got started was because a night pass was $17 at Nashoba and probably even less per night through the weekly town rec program. And then the "big spend" was $45-60 at Sunday River or the like.

When my kids were kids I worked two nights a week at Ward Hill. I made a few rice crispies and they and me skied free. These days I instruct and ski free. I don't take the family option. Instead I opt for the small stack of comp tickets and pass them out. Reciprocal privileges are a huge benefit of working at a resort. I basically ski free weekdays almost anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayNut View Post
    Is there a common way to get tickets for less other than a season pass? My eyes are bugging out at these prices and I'm wondering whether skiing/snowboarding is something my kids will ever do more than once in a blue moon. I loved it as a teenager, but I think the only reason I got started was because a night pass was $17 at Nashoba and probably even less per night through the weekly town rec program. And then the "big spend" was $45-60 at Sunday River or the like.
    Skitopia has deals for purchases in advance, multi day tickets, etc.

And when you find one to your liking, the ski area’s website will have the same or better deals.

Bought a unlimited season pass and a locker at Waterville Valley. Don't know what will be happening at the different ski schools this year so I figure I would get myself locked in.

To go with the ski pass I closed today on a condo at Waterville Valley. I'm loving the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast