Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Skid Steer Rental

Re: Skid Steer Rental

Our FEL can lift 850-1,450 lbs depending on height required and distance in front of pins.

But the “Breakout Force” - basically the power of the curl cylinders - is much higher, between 2,000 and 3,000 lbs. It’s what you use to get unstuck....

We usually use forklift tines to move rocks. Put them close together, use the fel and tractor to push the times under it, and curl. With practice you can position them on a wall. For planning purposes, granite is around 160 lbs/ cu ft.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Our FEL can lift 850-1,450 lbs depending on height required and distance in front of pins.

But the “Breakout Force” - basically the power of the curl cylinders - is much higher, between 2,000 and 3,000 lbs. It’s what you use to get unstuck....

We usually use forklift tines to move rocks. Put them close together, use the fel and tractor to push the times under it, and curl. With practice you can position them on a wall. For planning purposes, granite is around 160 lbs/ cu ft.
    too big to get in the yard or out to where i want to deposit the rocks, too heavy, guessing i can't rent one and would probably make more of a mess than it's worth without a good operator

0 Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Skid Steer Rental

I moved almost all the rocks I can with a wheel barrow...these are the ones that are left...approximately 32 left...1 is pretty large...I think Iím going to rent a rotohammer from Home Depot and drill them out and pop them with Dexpan so I can wheel barrow them out of the yard...some have to be broken in half and some in thirds or quarters...the large one will have to be broken into many pieces...some of the smaller ones I may attempt to put on a small wood sled and use rollers to move them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 05-30-19 at 09:18 AM.

Feel free to contact me if you'd prefer to save your back and your time. I need about 5' of width for the machine. No dump truck.

I had a customer reschedule from this upcoming weekend so I am open as early as this Saturday and Sunday (Apr 1 and 2).

Also, thank you, Gino, for the shout out!

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    I see you live next to the Portuguese.

1 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Couldn't you just get a couple of guys to lift them?

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Feel free to contact me if you'd prefer to save your back and your time. I need about 5' of width for the machine. No dump truck.

I had a customer reschedule from this upcoming weekend so I am open as early as this Saturday and Sunday (Apr 1 and 2).

Also, thank you, Gino, for the shout out!

thanks...where i'm depositing them isn't really my land so i think i'm going to try to call as little attention to the project as i can

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I see you live next to the Portuguese.
    that's my stuff...have some 55 gal barrels, garbage cans, and a firewood rack...the fence is a state fence bordering a highway which has a nice chain link gate in it for transportation purposes

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Couldn't you just get a couple of guys to lift them?
    only if you want to be basically making out with each other trying to pick them up...hmmm...so does anyone know any crossfit girls looking for a workout?

1 Not allowed!

I moved almost all the rocks I can with a wheel barrow...these are the ones that are left...approximately 32 left...1 is pretty large.k
    I've pretty much retired my wheelbarrows for moving rock or anything heavier than yard clippings, gotta lift the rock, my back no like. Once loaded, (I tend to overload) the barrow is top heavy and I've accidentally dumped countless loads. Now, I use a sled, don't have to pick the rock up, just roll it on. I still have to worry about overload if i'm using my smaller hand pulled sled, but my big Otter sled, my UTV has pulled it with 1000 lb + loads

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

that's my stuff...have some 55 gal barrels, garbage cans, and a firewood rack...the fence is a state fence bordering a highway which has a nice chain link gate in it for transportation purposes
    Well that must make you Portuguese then. Food grade blue 55 gallon barrels are a dead give away.

0 Not allowed!

Well that must make you Portuguese then. Food grade blue 55 gallon barrels are a dead give away.
    hafta remember that, I have white barrels, what does that make me

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    hafta remember that, I have white barrels, what does that make me
    An Angry Gumball

0 Not allowed!

Skid Steer Rental

I've pretty much retired my wheelbarrows for moving rock or anything heavier than yard clippings, gotta lift the rock, my back no like. Once loaded, (I tend to overload) the barrow is top heavy and I've accidentally dumped countless loads. Now, I use a sled, don't have to pick the rock up, just roll it on. I still have to worry about overload if i'm using my smaller hand pulled sled, but my big Otter sled, my UTV has pulled it with 1000 lb + loads
    i have been thinking of trying to put some type of wheels on my sled instead of using rollers...for rocks i feel a sled will just have too much friction without wheels or rollers and rip up what little grass i have...this is my cheap mans skid steer...

lol...i'm everything but Portuguese...the covers are cut off...don't use them much...maybe 1 or 2 for grass sometimes or a keg

0 Not allowed!

i have been thinking of trying to put some type of wheels on my sled instead of using rollers...for rocks i feel a sled will just have too much friction without wheels or rollers and rip up what little grass i have...this is my cheap mans skid steer...

lol...i'm everything but Portuguese...the covers are cut off...don't use them much...maybe 1 or 2 for grass sometimes or a keg
    my Otter sled has replaceable "hyfax" runners, after 5 years, probably 25 cords of firewood, and as much "dirt" fill, I replaced the runners on mine last summer, drags easy on all surfaces, and on packed gravel & pavement, slides almost like on iceSkid Steer Rental-37776224_10211034223325533_8574448765291724800_n-jpg

photo above has 6, 66" long bolts, 15"+ in diameter, I estimate 1200 lbs

before I bought the Otter sled, I had a Jet sled, nice to go ice fishing, but nowhere near as rugged as the Otter, still, the Jet sled lasted me nearly 5 years, but no replaceable skid feature, so it was throw away

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

my Otter sled has replaceable "hyfax" runners, after 5 years, probably 25 cords of firewood, and as much "dirt" fill, I replaced the runners on mine last summer, drags easy on all surfaces, and on packed gravel & pavement, slides almost like on iceSkid Steer Rental-37776224_10211034223325533_8574448765291724800_n-jpg

photo above has 6, 66" long bolts, 15"+ in diameter, I estimate 1200 lbs

before I bought the Otter sled, I had a Jet sled, nice to go ice fishing, but nowhere near as rugged as the Otter, still, the Jet sled lasted me nearly 5 years, but no replaceable skid feature, so it was throw away
    i would invest in something like this if i was constantly doing this but it's going to be a 1 off job...i'm just looking to keep as much of my lawn intact as i can so something that rolls would be better for my purpose than dragging anything with rails

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 05-31-19 at 10:46 AM.

Where do I get mine issued?

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Where do I get mine issued?
    Down to New Beige, magne. I make you a fix!

0 Not allowed!

Eeeeeew souf sho portaguees. I'm one of those high class norf sho portaguees.

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Rented a mini excavator today to remove an old stone wall.. Thing moved some very lg. boulders took 6 1/2 hours but its gone the thumb came in very handy.. now the clean up Skid Steer Rental-thumbnail_20190601_152636_resized-mini-rock-jpgSkid Steer Rental-thumbnail_20190601_152626_resized-mini-rock-2-jpgSkid Steer Rental-thumbnail_20190601_152613_resized-mini-stone-wall-goneSkid Steer Rental-thumbnail_20190601_152711_resized-mini-jpg

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 06-01-19 at 03:49 PM.

Nice!...I used some plywood and my riding lawnmower to drag 13 large rocks...I have 20 more that are too big for that so Iíll be drilling\popping the rest

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    If you are doing all that, consider renting something like a Kubota B21. The thumb on the backhoe will make short work of picking up those medium stones up out of the ground. Digging into the ground with a FEL is NOT what it is intended for, especially once the ground is frozen.

Posted it before, will post it again. Little useless "homeowner toy" CUT's will do what you want, and be more versatile than a skid steer. May want to look into renting a B21. THIS is the size rock that is the useful limit for moving.

And I doubt that "monster" would have to be broken to move it. No need to lift most big stuff. A skilled operator can roll/slide. No need to pick things up.
    a couple years ago, I was going to rent a TLB for the weekend, but it was already reserved, instead, I rented a skid steer and mini excavator, worked well with help (2 operators ) got more than twice as much done, I was building a retaining wall at the same time as I was moving cow manure. For my $$ it was a much better deal, it cost me about 1.5x for rental

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

This is my largest rock...

0 Not allowed!

My useless homeowner toy could handle that one easily.

Remember, a skid steer tears up turf anytime it turns. Same with a tracked piece of equipment.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Skid Steer Rental

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    My useless homeowner toy could handle that one easily.

Remember, a skid steer tears up turf anytime it turns. Same with a tracked piece of equipment.
    I’m going to ask about a TLB at Home Depot when I go to rent the rotohammer...if they say I need to get a temp license I’ll probably just rent the drill and go nuts...if not game, game on!...any piece of equipment would make the job easier even if i have to hand dig them out and chain them up and pull them out of the ground and bar them into the bucket of a skid steer...all would be easier than drilling/popping 20 rocks

Tractor Loader Backhoe Rental 6" dig depth | Tractor Loader Backhoe | The Home Depot Rental | English Content

4WD Micro Backhoe 6' Dig Depth | Sunbelt Rentals

Kubota B26TLB Tractor Backhoe | Taylor Rental of Warren, RI

Pardon Our Interruption

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 06-04-19 at 12:33 PM.

emailed sunbelt, taylor and bobcat of bourne...so far i heard back from sunbelt which requires training so i'm going to get the cost and how long the course takes just to see

0 Not allowed!

Skid Steer Rental

sunbelt said they do hands on free training so i'm leaning towards renting this kubota bx25...i would have to check the towing capacity of a tacoma cause the trailer plus machine is 6001lbs...must be a heavy trailer if the unit is only 1542 pounds...

4WD Micro Backhoe 6' Dig Depth | Sunbelt Rentals

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 06-05-19 at 06:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast