Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11314142434445464748495051
Results 1,251 to 1,262 of 1262

Snowblower

1 Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Re: Snowblower

Just because you can does not mean you should...

0 Not allowed!

What?? Yes it does... Those hooks are awesome, not sure what the hell you are going to use 10000# hooks on a snowblower for, but cool to have them. Unless they are weight for the front.... Genius...

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Appears to be a “Chanmar” Chinese clone of a Yanmar.

In other news, the power line came down at our place in NH, trapping the tractor in the garage. So I had to clear a 675’ gravel driveway with the RapidTrak. 14” of very heavy snow took 15 minutes for the first pass, about 1:20 all told. Broke 3 shear pins, 2 on rocks and 1 on a branch.

That 420cc engine is awesome: I could move fast enough to plow snow without the engine bogging down. Hydro drive is awesome as well as you can get the speed just right.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

I was at the local dealer (Ariens) yesterday and some guy was getting his carb relaxed on his 1 year old platinum 24.
    The service guy told him to never run the carb dry. Always put stabilizer or ethanol free gas and run it and just shut it off, but never shut the fuel off and run it dry. He said there’s protective coating on the aluminum and if that dries it gets corotted and that’s what happened to his carb.
    I have been running one dry after each use and every end of season with no issues. Thoughts?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    He said thereís protective coating on the aluminum and if that dries it gets corotted and thatís what happened to his carb.
    It's a bullshit line. I don't know of any anti-corrosion coatings for aluminum that can "dry out." I would ask him how all the replacement carbs stay corrosion free since they aren't stored with fuel in them.

0 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    It's a bullshit line. I don't know of any anti-corrosion coatings for aluminum that can "dry out." I would ask him how all the replacement carbs stay corrosion free since they aren't stored with fuel in them.
    Lol I think we all know I’m not a master mechanic so I stayed out of it. But what can cause a carb to turn to shit in a year? My Ariens is 2 years old now and have had no issues

0 Not allowed!

Got some info on the Honda HSS units that replaced the HS line in 2016. There is a factory recall due to discharge chute clogging. They are replacing it. Also a problem with carb jetting, not sure if they are doing anything or you are on your own.

Also they have gone to a pin in lieu of the M6x16 bolts used previously.

Picked up a sheet metal attachment a guy in Andover makes that increases the height of the Housing. $95.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

It's the ethanol in the fuel.. It attracts moisture and that causes corrosion..

What I do is fill the tank with fresh fuel and stabilizer.. Put in a shutoff valve if you don't have one and then I drain the carb.. Then I fill it and drain it a few times with Wd40..
    Then I fill the bowl full of Wd40 and spray carb cleaner in the throat of the carb to start it.. Then I keep it running for a few seconds with the carb cleaner so it draws some of the Wd40 thru the main jet..
    Then I drain the rest of the Wd40..
    Engine starts up every time...

Or the quick easy way.. Fill the tank with stabilized fuel and run it for a few seconds..
    It typically keeps the carb ok
    Lol I think we all know Iím not a master mechanic so I stayed out of it. But what can cause a carb to turn to shit in a year? My Ariens is 2 years old now and have had no issues
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by caloots; Yesterday at 02:34 PM.

I run stabilized fuel, since it typically sits for a long period between uses. Always shut off the line and run it dry after use. Just as it's dying, pull the choke to get the last bit out. Do this with the snowblower, generator, etc. And they usually start one or two pulls when I need it.

The guy probably left untreated fuel in his tank/carb and it junked up.

2 Not allowed!

But what can cause a carb to turn to shit in a year?
    It only takes a tiny bit of debris to clog up an important jet inside the carb. Dirt could have gotten in his fuel tank, there could have been a manufacturing defect, or like everyone else said, he probably left fuel in there and it dried out. In any case, I wouldn't trust the service guy at your Ariens dealer.

1 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

It's not good to run it dry anymore unless you fill and drain it with Wd40 because if there is gas residue it will absorb moisture because of the ethanol.. If you put a full tank of fresh gas with stabilizer, I'd run it for a min to get the stabiled fuel into the carb and then leave it.. Always a good idea to hav a fuel shut off because if the float in the bowl fails it will over fill and all the gas will leak into the cylinder, past the rings and into the oil..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!