Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111222 ... LastLast

Snowmobilers

Re: Snowmobilers

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    And leave it long after a few pulls and recoils then cut it to size......ask me how I know.....LOLOLOLZ

and I always keep a replacement on the sled just in case....has come in handy a few times.
    As pissed off as I was, I was glad the rope snapped at home and not out in the middle of nowhere!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    As pissed off as I was, I was glad the rope snapped at home and not out in the middle of nowhere!
    Ha ha no kidding. Polaris and most manufacturers usually supply a nylon strap that you can wrap around the primary clutch in that situation. It might be worth getting one if you don't have one already.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Im pretty crafty, If I was stranded I would be able to get it started.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    Ha ha no kidding. Polaris and most manufacturers usually supply a nylon strap that you can wrap around the primary clutch in that situation. It might be worth getting one if you don't have one already.
    That's actually not a bad idea. Guess I should start storing some type of strap on board for this very reason.

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Moving ours to bear brook for the season on saturday. Hopefully this year it's worth the cost of registration. These days I'm lucky to get north but once a year
    Mark Jan 31st thru Feb. 2 on your calendar... Tri-state reciprocity weekend. http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/OHRV/recip_wkend.html
    You'll be able to ride Maine and Vermont trails with your NH registration.

0 Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

good thing i have back up for the rope. Electric Start..

0 Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

got the rope fixed, still couldnt get it to start

Im pretty cranky about it

0 Not allowed!

I couldn't get mine started at the beginning of the year, then I realized I had the killswitch on. Took it off, pulled the starter and BAM! It sounded like a bomb went off. It started though!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    got the rope fixed, still couldnt get it to start

Im pretty cranky about it
    It won't do anything, not even pop like it's trying to start? Was the gas shut off all summer, were the carbs drained? Are the plugs wet?

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

3-5" forecast for southern NH today! Hope your sleds are ready to rip, mine is!

0 Not allowed!

I rode the old rail bed in Keene a few years back, rode down from Pinnacle View in Walpole. Not a bad ride except we got into Keene and there was no way to get over to a gas station to fill up. There was a warden standing there waiting to bust a bunch of riders that had ridden along the edge of a bridge to get over to the gas station. We stopped and BS-ed with the warden as he was waiting for the pack of 10+ guys to ride over to him. Nice guy but he was ready to have a field day with them. He told us that there was no legal spot to gas up down there so we hoped back on the rail bed and headed back to the truck at Pinnacle View. At the time I had an 05 F7 EFI that got terrible fuel mileage so I didn't have enough gas to really explore much more. That was the first and last time I rode in NH. My girlfriends parents live just over the river in VT so it was convenient but wasn't really worth the effort. I've always ridden in Maine so I just went back to riding there.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

still working on mine... the snow coming tonight it taunting me....

Garage isnt finished yeat so Im working in an open lean-to with a flashlight in single digit temps

fuck me right?

1 Not allowed!

In true snowmobiler fashion!

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

In true snowmobiler fashion!
    I could have got a "normal" snowmobile and Id be riding tonight

but noooooo, I like to go "fast", look at how fast it goes, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

0 Not allowed!

I rode the old rail bed in Keene a few years back, rode down from Pinnacle View in Walpole. Not a bad ride except we got into Keene and there was no way to get over to a gas station to fill up. There was a warden standing there waiting to bust a bunch of riders that had ridden along the edge of a bridge to get over to the gas station. We stopped and BS-ed with the warden as he was waiting for the pack of 10+ guys to ride over to him. Nice guy but he was ready to have a field day with them. He told us that there was no legal spot to gas up down there so we hoped back on the rail bed and headed back to the truck at Pinnacle View. At the time I had an 05 F7 EFI that got terrible fuel mileage so I didn't have enough gas to really explore much more. That was the first and last time I rode in NH. My girlfriends parents live just over the river in VT so it was convenient but wasn't really worth the effort. I've always ridden in Maine so I just went back to riding there.
    Unfortunately the trails in Keene are really disjointed. The town really broke everything up without reconnecting them. The same is true with the bike path that used to run through the town. The closest place to fuel up near Keene on a sled is Westmoreland (a couple miles north at Mac's Convenience). You probably blew right by it without knowing it was there.

0 Not allowed!

"Normal" snowmobiles breakdown too, trust me.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

My ratio for snowmobiles has always been constant. Three hours repair/maint : one hour ride. The E10+ gas these days is beginning to make even that a challenge.

0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

All the snowmobile guys claim you need to run that StarTron fuel additive to the gas now. I guess it's supposed to cure a lot of ethanol issues. I'm not sure if there is any validity to it or not though.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

I've spent probably a good 16-20 hours altogether on getting this 02 ZR 800 back into good condition, I'm hoping it pays off with a ton of problem free miles, but that's probably wishful thinking.

0 Not allowed!

I'm sure it'll be fine. That ZR platform is pretty reliable. I used to do a lot of riding with a guy who had an 03 ZR 900 and he never had any trouble with it. Just make sure the belt is in top condition. He blew his through the bellypan doing about 90 across a lake.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

The 900 triples were pretty well known for burning down the middle cylinder. But yeah I'm actually surprised how reliable this 800 is turning out to be. The sled was obviously abused and not very well maintained, but both cylinders still have 145psi even after 5500 miles.

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, the ZRT's (triple) weren't really known for their reliability but the ZR's (twin) sure were. The ZRT was a good straight line sled but were tanks in the corners. The big cc ZR's were the best of both worlds.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

alright so all you guys that didn't start your sleds this summer get them working yet? Whose up for some riding next week?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Moving ours to bear brook for the season on saturday. Hopefully this year it's worth the cost of registration. These days I'm lucky to get north but once a year
    i live all but 5 mins from bear brook..

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave603 View Post
    alright so all you guys that didn't start your sleds this summer get them working yet? Whose up for some riding next week?
    It started fine this summer! Hell, it started 2 weeks ago! Then the snow fell...

1 Not allowed!