Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 102021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 814

Snowmobilers

  1. #726
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Garandman, are you on FB? There are a couple of NH snowmobile groups on there that have pretty good deals on sleds. Private sales.

    0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  2. #727
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: Snowmobilers

    I am on that, yes.

    Going to bring the Venture in for service and either trade in or sell the Phazer.

    0 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

  3. #728
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Log into Facebook | Facebook Snowmobiling in NH
    Log into Facebook | Facebook New England sled talk
    Log into Facebook | Facebook NH sleds for sale

    2 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  4. #729
    Lifer zxme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Bought new Bibs, Gloves, Jacket and Boots for this year.
    Pulled my sled out of my Trailer and washed/waxed it. Chain case oil + Plugs done, I'm ready.
    Snowmobilers-01212_cserwj6nycd_600x450-jpg
    Snowmobilers-24174653_900069833503729_5907244850563780255_n-jpg

    2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by zxme; 11-30-17 at 08:18 PM.

  5. #730
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Just looking at the Polaris lineup, there are a few machines that seem to fit. The selection tool is pretty worthless:

    First is the Voyageur 600, an off trail/utility machine.
    2018 Polaris 600 Voyageur 144 Snowmobile
    And 550
    2018 Polaris 550 Voyageur 144 Snowmobile
    And Indy LXT
    Specs - 2018 Polaris 550 INDY LXT 144 Vogue Silver

    800 Switchback Adventure is $15K MSRP
    2018 Polaris 800 Switchback Adventure Snowmobile
    Ditto Titan 800
    2018 Polaris 800 Switchback Adventure Snowmobile

    Looked up the trade-in value of the Phazer and its very low: $1,600 to $2,000. Problem is its kind of hard to private sell a machine that is 100 miles away.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 12-01-17 at 03:47 PM.
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

  6. #731
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    It is hard to get rid of a sled that is that far away. And it will also be hard to sell at book value price, older sleds like that go pretty cheap. Try asking around on one of those FB groups that I linked to, you will get some wise ass answers and some real ones too. Think Busa.. But there are also a lot of family people on there that have gone through exactly what you are going through now so they can help better than I.

    1 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  7. #732
    Lifer zxme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    It is hard to get rid of a sled that is that far away. And it will also be hard to sell at book value price, older sleds like that go pretty cheap. Try asking around on one of those FB groups that I linked to, you will get some wise ass answers and some real ones too. Think Busa.. But there are also a lot of family people on there that have gone through exactly what you are going through now so they can help better than I.
    New England Sled Talk and Snowmobiles of New England are all over, it seems a ton of them are up North so it may be easy sell on those FB groups.

    1 Not allowed!

  8. #733
    Senior Member Tas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey NH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    675

    Re: Snowmobilers

    I like the old Tx440’s and blizzard’s especially the factory racers.

    1 Not allowed!
    2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    LRRS #246 - Central Mass Powersports / Northeast Cycle / Woodcraft

  9. #734
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Contacted Freedom Cycle as we are bringing the Venture in for service. While I won’t get much for the Phazer, they have a number of leftover ‘17 sleds they are dealing on. Probably put it on the trailer and stop by there, and I think HK Motorsports in Hooksett.

    Worst case we had it serviced last year and we’ll just roll with what we have. The Venture has an old school, “Cruiserish” riding position but is fast enough for us, has great range and rides well on rough trails.

    1 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

  10. #735
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    There ya go! Nothing wrong with making a deal on a leftover, it's what I did. Friend of mine works at a Polaris dealer in CT so I drove all the way down to pick mine up, did all the dealing over the phone. If you would like to talk to him I would be glad to give you his phone #, saved me a bunch by going to CT and getting a sled. Yeah the drive sucked but I saved a ton so it was worth it.

    2 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  11. #736
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    My poor lawn, just can't wait any more. Snowmobilers-img_20171210_124352-jpg

    1 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  12. #737
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    There ya go! Nothing wrong with making a deal on a leftover, it's what I did. Friend of mine works at a Polaris dealer in CT so I drove all the way down to pick mine up, did all the dealing over the phone. If you would like to talk to him I would be glad to give you his phone #, saved me a bunch by going to CT and getting a sled. Yeah the drive sucked but I saved a ton so it was worth it.
    Im partial to the dealers along 93 because it’s on the route to/from our place near Sunapee.

    The Venture goes to the dealer for service Tuesday, I’ll talk to the sales staff in the next week or so.

    0 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

  13. #738
    Posting Freak Lucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    851

    Re: Snowmobilers

    If anyone happens to come across a '16 arctic cat zr4000rr left over in their travels please let me know. I could be convinced.

    Saw one in Wisconsin as low as 6695...

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #739
    Lifer gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,029

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    My poor lawn, just can't wait any more. Snowmobilers-img_20171210_124352-jpg
    My daughter was begging to take hers out yesterday too!

    1 Not allowed!

  15. #740
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,015

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    If anyone happens to come across a '16 arctic cat zr4000rr left over in their travels please let me know. I could be convinced.

    Saw one in Wisconsin as low as 6695...
    Used 2016 Arctic Cat ZR 4000 129" LXR Snowmobiles in Concord, NH

    0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  16. #741
    Posting Freak Lucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    851

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Thanks but looking specifically for the RR model brand new.

    1 Not allowed!

  17. #742
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    My daughter was begging to take hers out yesterday too!
    The lawn will grow back, let her rip it up!

    0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  18. #743
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: Snowmobilers

    The Venture is at Freedom Cycle for service. They just called and said it runs poorly and recommend carb cleaning. This is plausible as it wasn’t used much for the last two seasons, though frustrating since we used no ethanol fuel with stabilizer.

    They want $100 per carb (3 carbs) plus any parts like gaskets, floats etc. Seems crazy to clean them without replacing that stuff, since it’s a 2005.

    Is that price fair? Seems to me most independents would charge by the hour, rather than flat rate. Some of the Marine services near Sunapee also work on sleds.

    0 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

  19. #744
    Lifer ZX-12R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Candia, NH
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,997

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    This is plausible as it wasnt used much for the last two seasons, though frustrating since we used no ethanol fuel with stabilizer.
    Is there fresh fuel in it? My small 2T engines don't like fuel that's sat for a while and run like a champ when you put in some fresh stuff.

    The price for the carb service seems on the high side but not grossly so. Im sure you could buy your own rebuild kits and clean them yourself with a Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner. What's your time worth?

    0 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

  20. #745
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,019

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    They want $100 per carb (3 carbs) plus any parts like gaskets, floats etc. Seems crazy to clean them without replacing that stuff, since it’s a 2005.

    Is that price fair? Seems to me most independents would charge by the hour, rather than flat rate. Some of the Marine services near Sunapee also work on sleds.
    No idea what the dealer charges an hour for service but say it is $80/hr that translates out to 3.75 hours for taking 3 carbs off of a sled, cleaning them, reinstalling them, hopefully balancing them while on the sled and putting everything back together without breaking things in the process. Doesn't sound ridiculous to me when looked at that way.

    As ZX-12R mentioned, what is your time worth? Also what are the parts of the sled that you might break in the process going to cost you to replace (hopefully if the dealer breaks any parts they replace them on their dime)

    0 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

  21. #746
    ....................... PinHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Walpole
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,035

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    The Venture is at Freedom Cycle for service. They just called and said it runs poorly and recommend carb cleaning. This is plausible as it wasn’t used much for the last two seasons, though frustrating since we used no ethanol fuel with stabilizer.

    They want $100 per carb (3 carbs) plus any parts like gaskets, floats etc. Seems crazy to clean them without replacing that stuff, since it’s a 2005.

    Is that price fair? Seems to me most independents would charge by the hour, rather than flat rate. Some of the Marine services near Sunapee also work on sleds.
    My pre season checkup ended up costing me 1k last year. Needed all kinds of stuff, reeds, carb boots (dry rotted and cracked bad), skegs etc.. It is an expensive sport.

    0 Not allowed!
    2015 BMW R 1200 GS
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F
    98 KTM 200EXC

  22. #747
    Lifer gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,029

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    It is an expensive sport.
    Quote of the thread right there. But damn, it's worth every penny!

    1 Not allowed!

  23. #748
    TWINS! xrocket21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Maine
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,451

    Re: Snowmobilers

    I need to custom weld a new pipe... and im a shitty welder!

    0 Not allowed!

  24. #749
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    8,979

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Seems a lot of Polaris machines use the “550 Fan Engine: Proven, dependable two-stroke engine with NiCaSil-lined cylinders.”

    I assume this is a reliable, durable engine? How many miles do they ordinarily run before rebuild?

    0 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

  25. #750
    Expert Agitator GearHd6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashford, CT
    Posts
    885

    Re: Snowmobilers

    Do some research on the specific model 550 fan you're looking at. Some of those are prone to overheating and sticking pistons.

    0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •