Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162627282930313233343536

Snowmobilers

Re: Snowmobilers

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    With over a foot of snow here in central Mass I expect all the sleds that are priced well to sell very quickly. //.
    The only sled I’ve inquired about that wasn’t sold was the Yamaha Venture.

The 600 Ace sleds on the market have big mileage: 5-7,000. Found one 9,000+.

At least half the CL ads are missing full model designation, year, mileage, or all of the above.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 12-03-19 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

Looking for a 2-up sled less than ten years old that needs nothing. Our budget range is $4,000 to $8,000.
    Shit load of sleds on the market that fit your criteria.
    Are you a tad indecisive or just padding your post count???

0 Not allowed!

Just buy a new one, maintain it and own it forever. Why even bother with used? You're way too picky to deal with used.

1 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    Just buy a new one, maintain it and own it forever. Why even bother with used? You're way too picky to deal with used.
    If you are interested in helping out, that’s great! For example XRider21 pointed out the difference between an X and an S. I know almost nothing about past models.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Shit load of sleds on the market that fit your criteria.
    Are you a tad indecisive or just padding your post count???
    Hard to be indecisive when every sled I’ve inquired about except one was sold. The Venture turns out to have been run for some time with low oil.

Problem for me is I don’t know the model names and designations, or the owners leave it out. Go ahead and point some out.

Based on experience and feedback, I want a low mileage four stroke. Option for two up is desirable.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 12-03-19 at 09:55 AM.

Every manufacturer covers what will work for you. Go to a dealer of your choice and tell the salesman your needs. No one makes a bad snowmobile anymore.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

If you're looking for a true 2up, stretch your budget and look at something like the Ski Doo Grand Touring line. There's leftover 19's out there to be had still.

Jackman Powersports has a few.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by GearHd6; 12-03-19 at 11:56 AM.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    ah, yes, end of year business expense
    that too, but mostly because once the ground is frozen no one usually is buying either and the dealer almost always wants to move another unit at the end of the month.

0 Not allowed!
    jim

"Molon labe"

The only sled I’ve inquired about that wasn’t sold was the Yamaha Venture.

The 600 Ace sleds on the market have big mileage: 5-7,000. Found one 9,000+.

At least half the CL ads are missing full model designation, year, mileage, or all of the above.
    wrong time of the season to come to my place and see different sleds, there all up north ready to go other than the two up 4 stroke 900 ace with 600 miles on it i have for sale.

pm me if you want to come look at it.

i can show you some stuff about sleds even if this one doesn't work for your needs.

i can also more than likely hook you up with a good dealer if you decide to buy new.

0 Not allowed!
    jim

"Molon labe"

900 Ace is turbo? Iíll never use all that power....

Iíll pm you later this week.

Lot of people on CL sell their sleds but donít take their ads down.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 12-03-19 at 04:58 PM.

900 Ace is turbo? I’ll never use all that power....

I’ll pm you later this week.

Lot of people on CL sell their sleds but don’t take their ads down.

no turbo.

most people on cl are truly a special breed of stupid.

you emailed me a while ago and said you'd get back to me after a weekend but didn't.

with all the snow on the ground i'll more than likely head north sometime thursday.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by sandman; 12-03-19 at 05:45 PM.
    jim

"Molon labe"

900 Ace is turbo? I’ll never use all that power....

I’ll pm you later this week.

Lot of people on CL sell their sleds but don’t take their ads down.
    I'm going to assume this is why all the snowmobiles you're interested in are gone before you get to them. You've got a guy here with potentially the model you're looking for and you'll get to him "later this week"? That thing will probably be gone before then, especially if the condition and price are right.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

I got out in Central Mass yesterday in the Rutland Barre trails. It was a blast. No trails groomed just pow to mow down with my 144 track.

Snowmobilers-img_0234-jpg

1 Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

Looking at used prices for what are basic 4 stroke machines, is it crazy to buy new? Seems like the dealers are throwing some pretty big discounts.

Is it correct to assume that Christmas - New Year is a good time to buy?
    I've always, ALWAYS got my best deals in the heat of whatever season we were currently in. Bikes, sleds, boats, WHATEVER. Seems to me that I've had my best luck when people see the brandy new whatevers out & about and decide they need to match up with their buddies and just want to get whatever they can. Just my experience.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Quick question for all you snowmobilers since i have zero knowledge of a related issue. I could use some help/advise.

The property i own in upstate ny is used as an official access point for the snowmobile system. I did not realize this when i bought the house but since they only cut through a small portion of it i let them continue to do so for a few years now without issue. Everything is legal and agreements have been signed and i am covered by their insurance if anything happens liability wise. I have no coverage for personal property from them though.
    Now the problem is my neighbors have been closing off access to them over the years and now i am the last one standing that gets them access to the whole system. They have built bridges on the far corner of my property to span rivers and such and im not talking cheap bridges. These are professional bridges that cost a couple hundred thousand i was told so they have invested heavily in my area. So, now that my neighbors have cut them off they can no longer use the corner of my property to access the trails. They are now asking for permission to enter my property by my hidden driveway off the main road and ride along 5 acres of my front yard to get to the entry point to the bridges and trails. Im not much worried about them but i am worried about the extra attention they may bring to my house and property by making it very visible with entering from the front yard.
    How much of a dick would i be if i shut access off to them? Is it that big of a deal to use the ny trail system? The next entry point to the system by me is miles away and not reachable by machine. They would have to pick up and trailer them. I don't use that house ever which is why i am so protective of it being hidden. Last thing i want is for locals to find it and ransack it. Its very well hidden now and in the 3 years i have owned it i have never had anyone enter the property unexpected. Do you guys ever deal with opening and closing of gates in your runs? Having a gate to access the property would give me a bit of peace of mind. Currently i have an 8ft high natural earth wall surrounding the property that has become overgrown and hides everything. There are 2 small cut outs in for direct access to the property. A small one the snowmobilers were using and the one in front for my driveway but its barely noticeable unless you are really looking for it.
    Its my understanding a few hundred machines use my trail access every week. I have never been to the house in winter so i cant confirm that.

0 Not allowed!

Trail closures are devastating to area trail systems and businesses if they're accessed at all from the trail that runs through your property. I think I'd get friendly with whatever snowmobile club services your area and let them know your concerns. Maybe a club member can keep an eye on your place from afar and keep you notified.

1 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Lifer

The clubs in my area have already started contacting me about this. They are very worried about losing access to my land. I, on the other hand, am very worried about locals gaining access to my land. It's a tough situation I'm in. I bought the property almost entirely based on the fact that it's nearly impossible to locate on your own and even harder to realize there is a house back there. A stream of snowmobiles and tracks leading right up to my back door would put that in jeopardy. A gate of some sort would at least add some layer of protection.

0 Not allowed!

I've done a lot of snowmobile trail riding and never once have I run across a gate I had to open. I think that could be a huge liability. I do understand where you're coming from. I know as a snowmobiler, that trail closures are devastating. It can make you have to change your entire riding area. And locals that had trail access right from their house are now locked out of the system.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    The clubs in my area have already started contacting me about this. They are very worried about losing access to my land. I, on the other hand, am very worried about locals gaining access to my land. It's a tough situation I'm in. I bought the property almost entirely based on the fact that it's nearly impossible to locate on your own and even harder to realize there is a house back there. A stream of snowmobiles and tracks leading right up to my back door would put that in jeopardy. A gate of some sort would at least add some layer of protection.
    We are in the same boat in NH, and recently increased access through our property due to a public bridge closure.

Far from a security concern, we consider random appearances by snowmobilers far more likely to deter security problems than create them. Virtually all property crime in the area is by substance abusers looking for quick money. Theyíre not riding snowmobiles.

If you have the time Iíd suggest attending a club meeting and expressing your concern. Youíre going to find almost every person there is donating their time to support the sport. Theyíre universally upstanding members of the community, many of whom also allowing access and fully understand your concerns.

There may be benefits to you. We are extremely casual snowmobilers: downhill and Nordic skiing, snowshoeing and even splitting firewood come first. But we joined the local club and donated a MacBook so they could create a FaceBook page. When a piece of my brush mower housing broke off, one of the club members spent an afternoon completing a tricky welding job and resolutely declined payment. Another member drives the Propane delivery truck: when we ran low, he showed up within hours.

We are going to a cellular-based, cloud-based security system. Not very expensive, and in past we monitored weather, contractors, etc remotely. Worth the piece of mind. We will probably keep the Arlo system we have.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Unfortunately in live in europe now so I cant pop in and discuss it with anyone in person. I do have a few of there numbers though and I was planning on calling them anyway.
    I do have my amish neighbor's watching over the place and they have always alerted me to visitors to my property. I just dont like the idea of putting any more of a burden on them.
    Like I said, I'm not worried about the snowmobilers, it's the locals. If they spot the tracks in winter they may visit in the summer. I am sure I am over thinking this a bit but this property is literally my only real worry in life. It's so remote to everyone I know and I have so much stuff in it I worry about it.

0 Not allowed!

Is there another area they could cut an entrance / trail through that would get access AND stay away from your house?

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P

Do you have a way to contact the neighbors? Then you can discuss with them about why they cut of access to their land.

Maybe they are just grumpy NIMBY people, or maybe there were valid reasons they don't want sleds there anymore. May give you a heads up of what you're in for...

1 Not allowed!

Lifer

There is no other way to access the trails other than through the front of my house now. Neighbor's on both sides of me have denied access or built things that stop access. Only reason my property is still in the game is because the front edge of my yard touches a main road so the snow mobiles can come in that way. They cant really get behind me because my property runs deep into the woods.

I have talked to a few of the neighbor's a while back and they just dont want anyone using land anymore. If I could shift the trail I would but those bridges are never going to be moved.

0 Not allowed!