Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131424 ... LastLast

Snowmobilers

Re: Snowmobilers

On a semi-unrelated note, I find it kind of funny that the new Polaris sleds actually look a lot like that old Indy. They still use the stacked hood slats on all the current models.

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

the story goes:

I never remember shutting the gas off. I moved this summer and it ran then.

I went to start it a few weeks ago, and it wouldnt start, I looked, and I thought the gas was off, so I turned it on and it started. When I tried to move it, it stalled on me, and thats when the rope broke.

I poured gas down the carbs and it started.

So I looked and the gas was off.

Turned the gas on and it fired up.

So either somebody is fucking with me, im a retard, or the gas acutally was on before and I shut it off, then had to turn it back on again?

I dont even know.

But it is running.

1 Not allowed!

Just rode north conway all week and the riding was pretty good. Definately have the most snow in the state. With the big storm coming tomorrow night up north should be prime this weekend. I'll be staying in colebrook and ride through coleman state park up into pittsburg. Should be a good 600-800 mile weekend, heard they closed some of the bigger trails for logging this year also so i'll have to see once i get up there.

1 Not allowed!

I'm sure you'll still find some great riding even with the rerouted trails. The Swift Diamond club's trails are some of the best in NH.
    Hopefully the Pittsburg trails are back in good shape this weekend. They have been working non-stop clearing trees and branches hanging across the trails from the snow/ice storm last week.

Have a great ride!

1 Not allowed!

Anybody riding around Bear Brook area, I was out all day yesterday and coming back late last night there was a large tree across the trail between the bear brook trails and northwood lake near sleepy hollow. So if you try to ride north you'll have to take the bickfords trail and go through chichester instead of going across northwood lake.

0 Not allowed!

I'll definitely be riding this weekend! Probably in the Walpole, NH area.

0 Not allowed!

I need a coupla of you sledheads to come pack down a trail in my backyard to the lake. I neglected my duties in maintaining my path to the lake and now it'll be damn near impossible to snowblow/plow it. It's only about 50 feet, but it's a decent incline/decline. We're ON Locke Lake and across the street from Halfmoon Lake, so there's plenty of riding for ya as we're connected to the trails. Off-road parking, enough for a coupla small trailers if needed. About all I have to offer in return is a place to unload & ride from, a warm place and tons of booze...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I need a coupla of you sledheads to come pack down a trail in my backyard to the lake. I neglected my duties in maintaining my path to the lake and now it'll be damn near impossible to snowblow/plow it. It's only about 50 feet, but it's a decent incline/decline. We're ON Locke Lake and across the street from Halfmoon Lake, so there's plenty of riding for ya as we're connected to the trails. Off-road parking, enough for a coupla small trailers if needed. About all I have to offer in return is a place to unload & ride from, a warm place and tons of booze...
    Damn i would but i just started taking my sled apart getting it ready to head up north this afternoon!! If you havent found anyone by sunday night/monday morning i'll ride up for you.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave603 View Post
    Damn i would but i just started taking my sled apart getting it ready to head up north this afternoon!! If you havent found anyone by sunday night/monday morning i'll ride up for you.
    Shoot me a PM when you're around. If you ride up, I'll tell ya how to get to my place. Ya gotta be careful on our lake, there's a couple spots that stay open year-round that sneak up on people that aren't aware. We thought we were going fishing for one this past weekend!

1 Not allowed!

Shoot me a PM when you're around. If you ride up, I'll tell ya how to get to my place. Ya gotta be careful on our lake, there's a couple spots that stay open year-round that sneak up on people that aren't aware. We thought we were going fishing for one this past weekend!
    No problem, i almost went that way yesterday but the country store didnt have ANY gas so instead I headed back down south and stopped at Bosco. Btw when did bosco start carrying 3 grades of fuel? When they built blueberry they made bosco 87 reg only...so I guess its been awhile since i've stopped there for gas lol.

0 Not allowed!

No problem, i almost went that way yesterday but the country store didnt have ANY gas so instead I headed back down south and stopped at Bosco. Btw when did bosco start carrying 3 grades of fuel? When they built blueberry they made bosco 87 reg only...so I guess its been awhile since i've stopped there for gas lol.
    Not sure when Bosco Bell started that. Beware of 'The Cunt' though (Barnstead Country Store). Newer owners have ruined that place. It's no longer a country store, it's more like an emergency store. We avoid that place like the plague now. The only thing we buy there is Roadie's chicken. Their latest trick was carrying only premium gas and not telling anyone until after the purchase when people complained. They THOUGHT they were getting regular grade until they saw the price that the pumps were calculating. Holy fuck, I thought that place was gonna get mobbed! You can get a 30-pack for less money at the Blueberry Station than it costs for an 18-pack at The Cunt! It used to be our go-to place, now it's our avoid-it place...

BTW-Black GMC with red plow yesterday that honked at ya about 2:30...me...I think...

0 Not allowed!

Well wtf happened to all the snow!?!? Have to cancel my trip to Pittsburg this upcoming weekend. They've already closed trails in Colebrook. I even checked out trails in Rangely, ME and might as well be called icemobiling. This is the shittiest January i have ever seen. Anybody know of any place with snow still thats within a 6-8 hr drive? On another note i'm considering selling 1 of my many sleds if anyone looking for a sled message me.

0 Not allowed!

Not sure when Bosco Bell started that. Beware of 'The Cunt' though (Barnstead Country Store). Newer owners have ruined that place. It's no longer a country store, it's more like an emergency store. We avoid that place like the plague now. The only thing we buy there is Roadie's chicken. Their latest trick was carrying only premium gas and not telling anyone until after the purchase when people complained. They THOUGHT they were getting regular grade until they saw the price that the pumps were calculating. Holy fuck, I thought that place was gonna get mobbed! You can get a 30-pack for less money at the Blueberry Station than it costs for an 18-pack at The Cunt! It used to be our go-to place, now it's our avoid-it place...

BTW-Black GMC with red plow yesterday that honked at ya about 2:30...me...I think...
    Yeah i stopped going there after blueberry opened. I try to patronize the buffalo as much as i can because i'd hate to see that store close and change hands again. My uncle used to own it back when Timco was still open and once the mill closed he was smart and unloaded that place as fast as he could. No body has been able to keep it open for very long since.

0 Not allowed!

Well wtf happened to all the snow!?!? Have to cancel my trip to Pittsburg this upcoming weekend. They've already closed trails in Colebrook. I even checked out trails in Rangely, ME and might as well be called icemobiling. This is the shittiest January i have ever seen. Anybody know of any place with snow still thats within a 6-8 hr drive? On another note i'm considering selling 1 of my many sleds if anyone looking for a sled message me.
    terrible terrible terrible weather.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    terrible terrible terrible weather.
    Yep. It seems to happen all too often now. That is just one of the reasons my interests have shifted to other things. I used to trailer up to Maine at least every two weeks now I'm lucky if I get up there once a season.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    Yep. It seems to happen all too often now. That is just one of the reasons my interests have shifted to other things. I used to trailer up to Maine at least every two weeks now I'm lucky if I get up there once a season.
    The snowmobille trail crosses my property and I havent really been out. It was nice for like a day, then ice storm #1 drooped every tree into the trails making them un-passable, ice storm #2 froze everything up solid, ice storm #3 melted everything, and now its 45 and sunny out. Might as well fire up the ATK.

0 Not allowed!

Maybe brush up on your french and head to Gaspe Peninsula http://www.quebecmaritime.ca/en/plan...peninsula-tour
    Truthfully, I'm not even sure how much snow they have.

I can't believe the club reports statewide. Nearly every club has closed their trails or suspended grooming. Usually the north country can survive a January thaw, but the rain and warmer temps really wiped everything out.

Let's not give up hope yet. There is usually good riding well into March and April.

1 Not allowed!

The Keene area is almost completely without snow right now, yet you drive 10 minutes up route 12 and they still have a couple inches on the ground.

Given the conditions of the past several years, I've been toying with the idea of selling the sled and buying a V-Strom. What's the point in having a sled if it only gets used 5 times a year?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    The Keene area is almost completely without snow right now, yet you drive 10 minutes up route 12 and they still have a couple inches on the ground.

Given the conditions of the past several years, I've been toying with the idea of selling the sled and buying a V-Strom. What's the point in having a sled if it only gets used 5 times a year?
    That's a big reason I sold my sled. While in college I used it maybe 2-3 times a year. So I picked up a dirty and played with that for a couple years, which I still regret getting rid of.

0 Not allowed!

Took this pic last night... its dark but it is so damn sinister looking!

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Maybe brush up on your french and head to Gaspe Peninsula http://www.quebecmaritime.ca/en/plan...peninsula-tour
    Truthfully, I'm not even sure how much snow they have.

I can't believe the club reports statewide. Nearly every club has closed their trails or suspended grooming. Usually the north country can survive a January thaw, but the rain and warmer temps really wiped everything out.

Let's not give up hope yet. There is usually good riding well into March and April.
    Yeah its just this year my riding season is so short I have to head back to work in California next week and that'll be a wrap for my riding season. Unless I can sneak in a couple weeks towards the end of winter. I've been staying sane by jumping out on the trails as soon as we get the slightest dusting of snow, and ripping across my pond everyday. Although i'm pretty certain my neighbors want to shoot me when I ride my Yamaha SRX out there... the triple pipes on it can probably be heard 3 towns away LOL

0 Not allowed!

Dave603- If you have the time before leaving for CA, it sounds like you could find some good riding out of Coleman State Park. Swift Diamond's groomers have been out and a little snow dropped on the icy trails. Head north to Pittsburg along the ME border towards Magalloway and there should be some good riding.

Besides, the next best thing to snow is this arctic freeze.

0 Not allowed!

HORSEPOWER AIR!

1 Not allowed!

Also, do you have the stock pipes for the SRX?
    Landowners have really made their displeasure known about loud pipes and Fish and Game has been strictly enforcing it.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Also, do you have the stock pipes for the SRX?
    Landowners have really made their displeasure known about loud pipes and Fish and Game has been strictly enforcing it.
    They are the stock pipes... SRX's were produced with triples from the factory.

I wish they were quieter for that reason but right now its my only sled with studs on the track. I actually got pulled over in Errol a couple weeks ago for them and Fish and Game checked under the hood, there was 4 or 5 of them (all pretty young looking too) and none of them knew what an SRX was or that they came that way from the factory. They insisted that the heat shielding had to be stamped Yamaha which is not true (the Viper had a stamped heat shield but that was a single pipe) and didn't believe me so I had to pull out my smart phone and show them. After about 10 mins of them looking confused they let me go and apologized. I mean not really there fault they are just doing what they are told.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Dave603; 01-21-14 at 01:02 PM.