Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Solar Solutions

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Solar Solutions

Got my windows done today! I'm very happy with the work they did. The people working there were VERY nice and offered top notch friendly service. Kuddos to what everyone else said about them, and I would definitly recommend this shop to anyone! I went with 20 something on the rear window and the two smaller side windows, 35 on the rear side windows, and 40 something on the front side windows. They strongly discouraged me getting any darker on the side windows to stay out of troubles...usually I wouldn't have cared much about it, but when they told me it's about $250 fine PER window....I decided to play nice. The only legal ones on my car as of now, are the 2 front sides.

Don't you wish your car was hot like her...lol

Yeah, that a snow shovel reflecting on the paint.

Pimping the NESR stickers on the side rear windows...it really stand out now...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MissTwisties; 01-05-08 at 05:25 PM.
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Re: Solar Solutions

I thought 35% was the legal limit here an massasshatachusetts.

PS: Looks good.

is the Upandcoming's shop on here????

I can attest to the fines for not going to dark. I was pulled over last January, and they made me strip the tinting right there on the highway, and gave me a warning. The Statey said it was either that or $250.......................

I think the legal limit in Ma is 24% tint........

Please post up the number .... i need to get mine done again...
    thanks

I like cats.......but I can't eat a whole one by myself.

Massachusetts RMV - Inspections FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by MA RMV
    # What are the specifications for aftermarket window tinting?

For most vehicles, aftermarket tinting that registers at least 35% on a tint meter on side windows immediately adjacent to the driver and front passenger seats, and side windows immediately to the rear of the operator and passenger, is acceptable. The rear window may be tinted to the 35% level, but the vehicle must be equipped with two outside rear view mirrors. The windshield may only be tinted down to the AS-1 line, which is usually located in the uppermost (6) inches of the windshield.
    HP

Quote Originally Posted by noudidnt View Post

I can attest to the fines for not going to dark. I was pulled over last January, and they made me strip the tinting right there on the highway, and gave me a warning. The Statey said it was either that or $250.......................

thanks
    Wow...having you strip it right there on the highway seems a little overdueing it.

tell me about it....it was a young cop. Pulled ne over right after passing a mercedes with limo tint? go figure!

I told him what I thought, and he just said either that or the fine......
    at which point I just pulled it off......lucky for me it was a proffessional job, and came off in one piece............took another 2 weeks to get off the adhesive..................this was rt 3 in Burlington.......like they have nothing more to do then pull people over for window tinting?

Posting Freak

He went way too far on that issue, he can't make you pull it off right there.The most he could have done is write you a fine.If you would have been hit by a car you would own half of Mass if you lived.
    Ps. Thanks for the props MissTwisties and sorry I was not there to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by noudidnt View Post

thanks

Well the guy showed me the demos on the wall. He explained to me that the "35%" paper will register even darker once installed, thus making it illegal. You have to go with a lighter tint to get the legal 35% tint once applied. So my front side window are a 40 something % but will register a 35% if a cop ever test it (legal). My rear side windows had the 35% tint, therefor are much darker than 35% once applied (illegal). My big rear window is the 20 something % and is even more darker than any of the other windows.

UpandComing could explain is better than me I'm sure, if you don't understand my explaination...lol

His website and contact info: Solar Solutions Tinting

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    Well the guy showed me the demos on the wall. He explained to me that the "35%" paper will register even darker once installed, thus making it illegal. You have to go with a lighter tint to get the legal 35% tint once applied. So my front side window are a 40 something % but will register a 35% if a cop ever test it (legal). My rear side windows had the 35% tint, therefor are much darker than 35% once applied (illegal). My big rear window is the 20 something % and is even more darker than any of the other windows.

UpandComing could explain is better than me I'm sure, if you don't understand my explaination...lol

His website and contact info: Solar Solutions Tinting
    No, I understand, because even stock, your windows have a small % already.

The only time you'll have a problem is if the cop pulls you over and actually tests it, or at inspection time... but no one here would happen to know of any inspection places that are lax now, would they?

As far as the cop thing goes, guess that's just gonna be your luck... but try not to drive like an idiot or do anything stupid in front of cops...

If you think your windows are illegal or borderline legal roll down the windows when ya see the cops. The frt window are all they care about.

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Quote Originally Posted by UPANDCOMING View Post
    He went way too far on that issue, he can't make you pull it off right there.The most he could have done is write you a fine.If you would have been hit by a car you would own half of Mass if you lived.
    Ps. Thanks for the props MissTwisties and sorry I was not there to meet you.
    Thanks for stting the record straight.....I will be making an appointment with you once the spring arrives....too bright in the car as it is!!!

nice tint. and to the fine on the ticket. got pulled over earlier this year and got slapped with a 250$ fine for having 20% all the way around in my truck. truck now has no tint just 20 on the back window lol

Tuono

Nice... all cars looks better with tint.

When I first moved up here I had 20% all around on my truck too. A local officer pulled me over and told me to pull the tint off or get a ticket.

I told him I'd pull it off... so he wrote me a warning and sent me on my way.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Geeze, what's with all the "I got pulled over stories"? I thought this thread was MissTwisties way of whoring out pictures of her car and giving Solar Solutions props...

But what the hell, I'll play...

I got pulled over once, and the cop was like, "Hey, you're Asian." Right there, I knew I was screwed. I didn't even have tint on my windows.

HP

Quote Originally Posted by hqp921 View Post
    Geeze, what's with all the "I got pulled over stories"? I thought this thread was MissTwisties way of whoring out pictures of her car and giving Solar Solutions props...

But what the hell, I'll play...

I got pulled over once, and the cop was like, "Hey, you're Asian." Right there, I knew I was screwed. I didn't even have tint on my windows.

HP
    KHAAAAAM!!!