Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 29 of 29

Best solution for waste oil & fluids storage / recycle in garage?

  1. #26
    Lifer golden chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    1,561

    Re: Best solution for waste oil & fluids storage / recycle in garage?


    I have never tried it, but I wonder if you could pressurize it just enough to fill the hose and then open the top valve and let it siphon.

    But...yeah, everything carsick says is true: if you completely empty it while it still has pressure in it, it makes a big mess unless you have the hose end in a mostly empty large container.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by golden chicken; 06-20-17 at 04:56 PM.
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

  2. #27
    Day late, dollar short carsick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,997

    Re: Best solution for waste oil & fluids storage / recycle in garage?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    I love the mityvac. I almost exclusively do oil changes on cars/trucks with the mityvac these days. You always get 80-90% of the oil out, and no mess no crawling no stripping drain bolts bs. Plus I use it to evacuate other fluids too - diff fluids, t-case, old gas, you name it.
    You really use it to change oil?? I have used it to pull out old gas too, but you have to make sure you empty the container of it into something metal (or disposable) and leave the Mityvac open to evaporate. I ruined the rubber top stopper by leaving some stale gas in the bottom, not to mention the fire danger.

    Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    But...yeah, everything carsick says is true.
    Quoted for posterity.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

  3. #28
    xxaarraa
    Guest

    Re: Best solution for waste oil & fluids storage / recycle in garage?

    Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    You really use it to change oil??
    Yup, sucks the old oil right out of the dipstick. It gets 80% of the oil out that way, and with good high quality synthetic, I am never worried about the remaining 20% getting recycled. Mercedes dealerships have been doing this for years.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 06-20-17 at 09:20 PM.

  4. #29
    Senior Member Viper897's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seacoast Maine
    Posts
    368

    Re: Best solution for waste oil & fluids storage / recycle in garage?

    Its already been said but I second race fuel jugs. You can usually snag a few after a race weekend. Best part they stack easily, don't require a dolly to move, and are 5 gallons per container so you can get rid of them locally. Oh and if you race you can bring the waste oil to the track for disposal to the hazmat building at the end of the north garages (I believe this is part of the garage rental fees)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •