Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21213141516171819202122

Sprinter build thread

Re: Sprinter build thread

Anyone have bike rack suggestions? I'd love to be able to leave the rack on all the time and that will work with the barn doors, which puts something like this at the top of my list:

http://www.fiammausa.com/en/products...rinter-en.html

This is the ONLY brand I can find. I was hoping there was more than one option.

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Anyone have bike rack suggestions? I'd love to be able to leave the rack on all the time and that will work with the barn doors, which puts something like this at the top of my list:

The fiamma is the standard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

SomewhereI have a picture of a ProMaster/FIAT Ducato next to a Transit with the doors open. The load floor is much lower. They’ve sold over 4 million in Europe and seem to do fine in snow.

We bought a Transit at work, because EcoBoost.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

We're in southern Utah right now. High roof vans are everywhere. Everything from poor college kid econolines with DIY tops held on with chicken wire to deluxe sportsmobiles, roadtreks and winnis like Pauls new rig. Large selection of wacky not-for-US vans with euro plates as well. The other day we passed Unimog on the interstate. Interstate limits here are 80. That makes for a mighty fast closing speed with a Unimog.

Maybe it's just that I'm looking for them, but I feel like the Promaster based units are more popular. Especially for the commercial setups. Still lots of Sprinters though. Some even in 4x4 trim. What surprises me is there are very few Transits. The Transits I see are always cut-away chassis with a full RV on the back.

I'll take a Promaster with a high-mount bunk in the back, a 2 burner stove in the galley, a cartridge toilet tucked away somewhere, a low-power fridge with a couple solar panels on the roof, a couple mountain bikes tucked under the bunk, and a Husky 701 enduro on a hitch carrier off the back. That'd do..

0 Not allowed!

The promaster makes a great platform for that. can get the bed crosswise because it is wider and boxier than the rest. Saves you some walk around room up front.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Saw an odd one in the parking lot at Zion yesterday. Kid had a contractor style metal wall across the front of the cargo box and had built his galley against that. Spent the extra few $ on a nice backsplash and magnetic knife holder and such. It looked classy. Hadn't seen a layout like that yet. I'd prefer access from the cab, but so many options.

Trying to convince the wife that a Promaster is perfectly reasonable for transporting 1 kid to dance class and swim lessons.. Are they available with remote activated power sliding side doors? Cause the kid is absolutely bananas about being able to open her door by remote on the rental minivan we have.

Bah, no passenger config offered!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by nhbubba; 05-17-18 at 09:36 AM.

So, you can get it with sliding doors on both sides with glass, but not power. You can 'upgrade' the passenger seat to a two butt bucket... perfect for a small family?

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post

I would go with that one purely because that woman looks REALLY happy!

0 Not allowed!
    You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I would go with that one purely because that woman looks REALLY happy!
    She must not be the one that has to tell her 3 other kids they don't get to play bikes.

3 Not allowed!
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Any suggestion on a hardwired power inverter?

I really only need to power a laptop or two, which I think 300w would have me covered. However, is there a downside to run something a bit larger for a one-off occasion that may come up?
    Ideally, it will have at least 2 outlets and have a profile that is easy to mount in a fashionable manor.

Would something like this be a reasonable purchase?
    Amazon.com: Power Bright APS600-12 Pure Sine Power Inverter 600 Watt continuous / 1000 watt Peak 12 Volt DC To 120 Volt AC: Automotive

0 Not allowed!
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

You want a pure sine inverter. The cost of going bigger is that it draws more amps to operate. This unit is highly recommended. Morningstar SureSine Pure Sine Wave Inverter

It would require you to hardwire outlets. I believe there is already one in place for this, but it's been so long since I dealt with those, I can't remember how they are wired.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Mastervolt and Newmar make up the bulk of the charging/inverting products I've installed in hundreds of boats over the course of my adult life. They work. They're rugged.
    Find one that meets your demands and don't look back.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Just installed one of these in a friends sprinter.

Amazon.com: Power TechON 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V DC to 120V AC with 3 AC Outlets + 1 5V USB Port, 2 Battery Cables, and Remote Switch (6000W Peak) PS1004: Automotive

He likes it... Uses it to charge laptops and cameras, and uses a stick blender to make smoothies.

1 Not allowed!

I have two an 800w and a 3200w in my van. That combined with solar makes a sweet setup.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by snwbrdr435; 05-29-18 at 01:53 PM.