Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71718192021222324252627

Sprinter build thread

Re: Sprinter build thread

Any of you using L track in your vans? I’ve seen it installed along both sides and the roof. Wondering what works and what doesn’t.

I want to look behind the step for the sliding door to make sure there’s nothing there: seems like that would be a good spot to install a length of angled track. The left side can run all the way to the front along the floor.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Re: Sprinter build thread

I use L-track in my enclosed trailer for bike tie-downs. I use a 'pro-hoist' brand removable wheel chock with two 1-spot bits of L-track ahead of the chock for tie-downs off the forks. Then I have two strips at the back for rear tie-downs off the seat, swingarm, frame, rearsets, whatever. That length is flexible for different bikes; SV, DL, super-moto, etc. I have a whole second spot with wheel chock and more L-track strips on the left side of the trailer as well. That whole setup is offset a foot or two forward to let bars clear. There are only three L-track strips at the rear, staggered such that both bikes share the middle strip. Load left side first, right side second. Works mint for me. Everything comes out and leaves relatively little on the floor to trip over. I once had grandiose plans of installing flooring where the L-track and grommets for the track would be recessed into the floor. Saw it on some build on ADV-rider. It was slick.

Sprinter build thread-20150503_163421-jpg

0 Not allowed!