Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172728293031323334353637

Sprinter build thread

Re: Sprinter build thread

The 5 spd auto in the T1N is the best automatic I’ve ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    EPA threatened a lot of the diesel tuners and a lot of them took products off line
    Myunderstanding it was CARB who pushed GDE down. Glad to have it.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/green-diesel-...ase-settlement

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 07-19-20 at 11:42 AM.
    If stupidity got us into this mess, why canít it get us out?
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

Looks like CARB took down GDE. There are a few Duramax tuners that were threatened with litigation in 2018 unless they stopped offering tunes.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

The allsion auto trans in the 2001-03 Duramax 3500s us the top of mine as of now.

The T1N 5-speed might shift well, and be better than the NCV3 5-speed, but calling it the "Best" is kind of a stretch when 95% of them have the rumble strip noise. The shifts are good, but there is this glaring problem with it too.

Bummer about GDE. Guess it was just a matter of time.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    The allsion auto trans in the 2001-03 Duramax 3500s us the top of mine as of now.
    The 6 speed is even sweeter. Will just idle down the highway and the manual control is nicer.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

That van (the 118 T1N) is just such a good package. There are more comfy vans, quieter vans, bigger vans, but I don't think there are "better" vans.

Paul_E_D

I want to rig up some 110v outlets in the van. It seems like a very, very common thing. It also seems really simple, you just need an inverter than has terminals instead of (or in addition to) a built in outlet. The main reason for this is that I want to put the inverter in a place that is not readily accessible. I cannot find an inverter with terminals to save my life. I've even looked at pro builds that list the inverter they have, and they don't have terminals. Anyone have the inside scoop?

Alternative, which doesn't sound awful, is to buy a normal inverter and plug in a extension cord. Then chop off one end and wire it to an outlet. Or maybe they make a plug that has both a male and female end?

I've gone pretty balls out on this build. I haven't done a ton, but I've purchased a lot. Work is crushing me at the moment but should open up after next week. I'm planning to do more professional looking tracking this time around, so look for major updates that come less often.

Looking at putting a two person bench in the 118.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I want to rig up some 110v outlets in the van. It seems like a very, very common thing. It also seems really simple, you just need an inverter than has terminals instead of (or in addition to) a built in outlet. The main reason for this is that I want to put the inverter in a place that is not readily accessible. I cannot find an inverter with terminals to save my life. I've even looked at pro builds that list the inverter they have, and they don't have terminals. Anyone have the inside scoop?

Alternative, which doesn't sound awful, is to buy a normal inverter and plug in a extension cord. Then chop off one end and wire it to an outlet. Or maybe they make a plug that has both a male and female end?

I've gone pretty balls out on this build. I haven't done a ton, but I've purchased a lot. Work is crushing me at the moment but should open up after next week. I'm planning to do more professional looking tracking this time around, so look for major updates that come less often.
    Marine products? https://www.westmarine.com/converters-power-supplies

Last edited by Garandman; 08-04-20 at 10:19 PM.
    If stupidity got us into this mess, why canít it get us out?
    Will Rogers

Looking at putting a two person bench in the 118.

Marine products? https://www.westmarine.com/converters-power-supplies
    Thanks. That might be a good place to look. I know they exist, I'm just failing at google, and I feel like my googling skills are above average.

2 person bench as in seats with seat belts? I think those came stock on the crew vans. Should be relatively easy to find someones old seat for sale for cheap. Getting one local may be tough.
    I forget what your floor looks like buy my T1N started its life as a passenger van so it had all the connections for seats underneath the hard floor covering. I pulled them all out and put them on my magic curb in Roxbury, in which everything disappears from...especially scrap metal.

Jay on a van I built for a friend I hid the inverter under one of the front seats ran a switch for it and then got a pigtail extension cord to wire the inverter to a gfci outlet to have power near the kitchenette. I'll try and dig up a photo, pretty simple though. Any of the classic box stores should have the pigtail cord with male plugs on one side and bare wires on the other.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post

http://www.xantrex.com/power-product...freedom-x.aspx

https://www.mastervolt.com/products/ac-master-12v/

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    Jay on a van I built for a friend I hid the inverter under one of the front seats ran a switch for it and then got a pigtail extension cord to wire the inverter to a gfci outlet to have power near the kitchenette. I'll try and dig up a photo, pretty simple though. Any of the classic box stores should have the pigtail cord with male plugs on one side and bare wires on the other.
    Yeah, this is similar to my "cut the end off an extension cord" method. Definitely the cheaper option that should work.

Joel with the goods! Oh mama, those are expensive. But that's exactly what I was looking for.

I have purchased this already with this project in mind.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I just need to wire that inverter up to the AC bus bars and then I can drop in up to 6 breakers for whatever I want to run. The other side of the box handles all the 12v circuits.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

FYI 60 inch, heavy duty locking hinges are also very expensive and tough to find. They ended up running about as much as that Inverter.

If you go with the 'cut a cord' option, get crimp on ferrules for the loose wire ends instead of shoving them directly into breakers/busbars/etc.

771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

I'm probably going to get the appropriate inverter. I don't imagine using all the power, but if the inverter has 3 built in outlets, they will each be GFCI and I imagine they will each be capable of just 1/3 of the load. So I would be stuck running a bus-bar with only 1/3 the potential. Does that make any sense or do I truly lack all understanding? I guess I could find an inverter with only 1 outlet? I also assume I could by-pass built-in GFCI outlet by cracking open the inverter...but honestly...Its just worth the extra $2-300 at that point.

Unless they say something about each outlet having limited capacity, I would safely assume they're all bussed together internally.

771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX