Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192930313233343536373839

Sprinter build thread

Re: Sprinter build thread

Picked up a leather three person Sprinter seat. Going to cut it down to a 2 person. You use the outside pieces and cut out the center, and will have to think it through carefully about where to cut so it can be welded back together easily. Made one cut just to make it easier to handle, seat is heavy as hell!

No idea how Ill get the welding done: If there was ever a project to justify a minimal welding rig this might be it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprinter build thread-f29ec822-fbe6-4632-96e3-f278330ebdaf   Sprinter build thread-b15a3356-e8a8-45de-bcd5-29c74fa82fe4  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

How many amp hours are those beasts?

I need to replace my two group 24 deep cycles, after two years of heavy usage they need to get retired. I also finally got the correct exhaust for my espar... and a muffler going to install that tomorrow. Free two day shipping from the UK was interesting especially to out here.

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    How many amp hours are those beasts?

I need to replace my two group 24 deep cycles, after two years of heavy usage they need to get retired. I also finally got the correct exhaust for my espar... and a muffler going to install that tomorrow. Free two day shipping from the UK was interesting especially to out here.
    I got the same shipping deal in SF for an espar muffler when mine got ruined by my chains...during COVID...2 days from UK, not sure how they do it.

Each battery is 200AH. This was brought on by decided to add an induction stove, which is 68 amps at medium heat. Renogy messed up and sent me a gel battery by mistake and are being kind of a pain about getting me the right one. They actually sent me the gel battery first, and its not blatantly obvious its gel and not AGM, so I didn't notice until over a month later when I decided to add a second battery. Once it got here, I then realized they were different colors. I'll admit I'm being harsh on Renogy, but hear me out. Each battery is 130 pounds. They came in specific styrofoam and cardboard packaging that I no longer have. They're delivered freight and Renogy is going to issue a call tag from FedEx to pick them up at my house, but they obviously need to be packaged appropriately

Anyway, I don't have the original packaging. I asked them to send me some, or to send me the new battery and then I will ship them back the old one in the packaging from the new one. They won't do it. Need the old battery back first. At this point I'm just going to offer to buy the right battery and then return the old one. There is no way the battery won't get damaged in any sort of homemade packaging.

I'm regretting not going Lithium. I balked at it because they won't charge under 32 degrees, but I think with proper insulation, the fact I keep the van heated, and live in CA, it would be manageable. I think I'll give it a shot...3-5 years from now. Or if anyone local is in the market for 200ah batteries, I could be your guy.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 09-03-20 at 07:29 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Run into a snag in my project to install seat bases for a second row and cut down a three person seat to two.

My understanding is you need to use the two end sections of the frame, which would include the two outer locking bases.

The center location on my 118” T1N seems like it will only accommodate the short base.

But that only fits the center of the three legs: the outer legs have wider spacing.

Am I missing something? Assuming not, can I install it with only one of two legs locking?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Run into a snag in my project to install seat bases for a second row and cut down a three person seat to two.

My understanding is you need to use the two end sections of the frame, which would include the two outer locking bases.

The center location on my 118” T1N seems like it will only accommodate the short base.

But that only fits the center of the three legs: the outer legs have wider spacing.

Am I missing something? Assuming not, can I install it with only one of two legs locking?
    I would imagine all legs need to be locked per a crash safety requirement. I am not an engineer by any stretch, but I would think the seat belts attach to the removable seat and therefore the locking mechanisms have to withstand the force of all the people attached to it in a crash.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

I don’t think we’re going to be off too much help here with that specific issue. I do imagine someone on sprinter source will know, if you haven’t asked yet.

Here’s what I found out. Only the T1N Sprinter two seater will work: you cannot cut down a T1N 3 seater.

Later generation Sprinters have a different seat base, and cutting down is the only way to get a two seater as they were not sold.

Didn’t pay much for the seat (the guy was willing to give it to me for free) so at a minimum I got two good foam inserts for the front seat armrests. ProbaBly keep the leather seat covering as well, or try selling it for a few $$.

The nearest two seater at the moment is in PA....

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I got the same shipping deal in SF for an espar muffler when mine got ruined by my chains...during COVID...2 days from UK, not sure how they do it

I'm regretting not going Lithium. I balked at it because they won't charge under 32 degrees, but I think with proper insulation, the fact I keep the van heated, and live in CA, it would be manageable. I think I'll give it a shot...3-5 years from now. Or if anyone local is in the market for 200ah batteries, I could be your guy.
    Yea kinda crazy especially with the whole Covid thing.

I like how renogy offers kits etc but there customer service is less than stellar. My charge controller needs replacing in the near future.

I'd Love to go Lithium but for $200 I can have 200AH of deepcycle with a warranty that I won't have to worry about winter charging issues with. We are getting around 10" of snow tonight....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by snwbrdr435; 09-07-20 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    Yea kinda crazy especially with the whole Covid thing.

I like how renogy offers kits etc but there customer service is less than stellar. My charge controller needs replacing in the near future.

I'd Love to go Lithium but for $200 I can have 200AH of deepcycle with a warranty that I won't have to worry about winter charging issues with. We are getting around 10" of snow tonight....
    Who has a 12v 200ah for $200? That's about half price of what I've seen from the major players like Renogy, Victron, etc.

The customer service is hit or miss. They are really good at providing like 95% of the info you need, but that key 5% is just missing. If you have enough knowledge on the 5% its no big deal, but when you're trying to figure out if X works with Y and Z...that's where you're usually left hanging. The comment section is pretty good though on the products they've been selling awhile.

Sprinter build thread-screenshot_20200910-001404_facebook-jpg

Just so happens this came up on my feed, no idea if it helps your project but figured I'd let you know.

Last edited by G21forme; 09-09-20 at 11:17 PM.
    [/IMG][/URL]

A man on FaceBook is selling a 2004 standard roof 140 passenger van with 141,000 miles. Hes asking $21,500. Not a conversion: standard passenger van.

2009-2016 vans must be fixed within three years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mercede...-fine-daimler/

Daimler AG must repair at least 85% of the affected cars within two years and at least 85% of the affected vans within three years, justice department officials said. The company must also offer extended warranties to drivers on certain vehicle parts and conduct emissions tests on the repaired vehicles each year for the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    2009-2016 vans must be fixed within three years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mercede...-fine-daimler/
    There's a show on Netflix called Dirty Money, in Season 1 Episode 1, Hard NOx is all about VW Dieselgate, but also gets into how the entire "clean diesel" push over the last 20+ years is a farce and basically every manufacturer is doing the same thing.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

2005 high roof 140 for sale in Nashua. Asking $6,000