Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Wars Episodes 7-9

Star Wars Episodes 7-9

NERD ALERT - Contents of thread may contain traces of geek

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...eaters-in-2015

A new "Star Wars" film, so far titled only "Star Wars: Episode 7," is coming to theaters in 2015 now that Disney has bought Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company of "Star Wars" creator George Lucas, for $4.05 billion, according to reports.

And that's not all – at least two films will follow episode 7, according to chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company Robert E. Iger.

"Our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years," Iger said in a statement.
    Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I wasn't too thrilled with Episodes 1-3, who knows what Disney will do with the franchise. Granted they have done a great job with the Marvel movies, but the original Star Wars was always kind of sacred to me.

There are also rumors of a TV show (there have been for years), which will obviously show on ABC if it ever surfaces.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by SRTie4k; 10-31-12 at 11:27 AM.
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Giggity Giggity Goooooooo JohnnyV's Avatar

Re: Star Wars Episodes 7-9

- - - Updated - - -

I expect something along these lines..........

0 Not allowed!

Sacrilege!

0 Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

For some reason I feel like this will be a commercial success, but a complete failure for the fans. A new movie every couple years? Part of the reason Star Wars is so good I think, is because the originals were great right off the bat, and never needed to be remade. There aren't many movies from the 70s that I enjoy, but I could watch Star Wars IV, V, and VI all day if a marathon is on.

0 Not allowed!
    -Mark
    2003 Kawasaki 636, 2006 DRZ400SM

I think I've gone through the 5 stages already. I think I'm deep in acceptance.

I for one am hoping that this opens up the opportunity for a 100% untouched re-release of the original 3 in HD media.

I can ignore new action figure introduction vehicles movies pretty easily. I did it for the "prequels".

0 Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I can ignore new action figure introduction vehicles movies pretty easily. I did it for the "prequels".
    I didn't see any of the prequels at the theaters and haven't been able to sit through any of them in their entirety when Spike plays them.

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Oh No! Disney! Yeah, cause Lucas was doing so well with the prequels.....

JarJarBinks anyone?

Let it stay a classic series. It has already been ruined by that CGI crapfest 1-3 was.

TV show? Really?

"Star Wars: The Next Generation"

"Star Wars: Deep Space Nine"

"Star Wars: CSI Baton Rouge"

"Star Wars: The Federations Next Top Deathstar"

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

on the positive side i dont think they can do worse than 1-3. While i didnt particularly hate those movies they werent what they should have been. I feel to many compromises were made to make more money in the long run.

0 Not allowed!

Giggity Giggity Goooooooo JohnnyV's Avatar

I'm just anxiously awaiting the re-release of Top Gun in 3-D that was supposed to happen this year but apparently hasn't yet.....

1 Not allowed!

I'll watch the old one when it comes out on cable, right before the new one is released in theaters

0 Not allowed!
    Sam

I'm in. George was poison cause there is no one go tell him no. At least thisll be a team effort.

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

I love star wars. The origionals are my top 3 favorite movies. I even enjoyed the new ones. But, they were no where near as good. I think Disney is going to hit a homerun in with these. The stories are already written. My only hope is that they use some of the original cast while they can.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

When I first heard about this, I thought it was an April Fools-style hoax. I checked multiple news sites before I believed that George Lucas was really letting go. And then I realized that I just don't really give a shit -- the Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica franchises both proved that they could do well in hands other than their creators'; Star Wars will be no different.

--mark

0 Not allowed!
    '17 KTM 1090 Adventure R / '16 Honda Africa Twin (for sale) / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '03 Honda XR650L (for sale) / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, June 1-3, 2018

A friend of mine insisted it was an Onion article when she first saw it posted on FB.

0 Not allowed!

Episode 7 - Jackass Deathstar Edition

0 Not allowed!

Maybe I'm getting a bit too nerdy now, but I really hope that 7-9 remain faithful to the Extended Universe. And I hope that if Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill make an appearance, its only as cameos. I can't imagine watching a sci-fi action movie where half the cast is old, fat and need to take a breather every 20 feet.

1 Not allowed!

I thought this would be appropriate...

1 Not allowed!
    -Mark
    2003 Kawasaki 636, 2006 DRZ400SM

I will see them. No matter how good or bad they turn out to be.

Nothing will ever eclipse 'A New Hope', 'Empire Strikes Back' or 'Return of the Jedi'.

3 Not allowed!
    Johnny

Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

"Return of the Jedi" actually doesn't hold up all that well as an adult. You can already see the beginnings of Lucas filling the movies with lame shit for three-year-olds. "Star Wars" and "Empire" hold up a lot better.

--mark

1 Not allowed!
    '17 KTM 1090 Adventure R / '16 Honda Africa Twin (for sale) / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '03 Honda XR650L (for sale) / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

ESB was always my favorite of the original series, even though ANH set the stage. Most of RotJ was excellent, but the Ewoks were unnecessary.

It's useful to keep in mind that the only film of the original 3 that Lucas directed was ANH.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

Let it stay a classic series. It has already been ruined by that CGI crapfest 1-3 was.
    Exactly what my coworkers and I were talking about yesterday. The special effects from 4-6 using the models and puppets is 10000000000X better then the CGI crap they did decades later in 1-3.

1 Not allowed!

To me "A New Hope" will always just be "Star Wars," because when I originally saw it "Episode IV: A New Hope" was not yet at the beginning of the opening text.

On another note... what the fuck are these people smoking?
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2AzIRyEq1

Recasting Luke, Leia, and Han with actors that are younger than Hamill, Fisher, and Ford were in RotJ? Are they out of their fucking minds? The geekosphere would implode and Disney HQ would get firebombed.

--mark

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    I didn't see any of the prequels at the theaters and haven't been able to sit through any of them in their entirety when Spike plays them.
    give the 3rd one a try. it was the best of the 3. its not gonna blow you away or anything but it has some good light saber battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    I love star wars. The origionals are my top 3 favorite movies. I even enjoyed the new ones. But, they were no where near as good. I think Disney is going to hit a homerun in with these. The stories are already written. My only hope is that they use some of the original cast while they can.
    they certainly aren't doing much now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    ESB was always my favorite of the original series, even though ANH set the stage. Most of RotJ was excellent, but the Ewoks were unnecessary.

It's useful to keep in mind that the only film of the original 3 that Lucas directed was ANH.
    from what I remember hearing a long time ago they weren't supposed to be Ewoks anyway, they were supposed to be Wookies but he didn't have the money to do it. I kinda like the Ewoks, they're funny.

0 Not allowed!

George Lucas is an ass, by the way. Always has been. He hates his fans...

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    George Lucas is an ass, by the way. Always has been. He hates his fans...
    It's never been about the fans. It's always been his desire to create, and not give a crap what anyone thinks. I honestly admire that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas
    There will only be one [version of the films]. And it won't be what I would call the "rough cut", it'll be the "final cut". The other one will be some sort of interesting artifact that people will look at and say, "There was an earlier draft of this." The same thing happens with plays and earlier drafts of books. In essence, films never get finished, they get abandoned. At some point, you're dragged off the picture kicking and screaming while somebody says, "Okay, it's done." That isn't really the way it should work. Occasionally, [you can] go back and get your cut of the video out there, which I did on both American Graffiti and THX 1138; that's the place where it will live forever. So what ends up being important in my mind is what the DVD version is going to look like, because that's what everybody is going to remember. The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won't last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you'll be able to project it on a 20-foot-by-40-foot screen with perfect quality. I think it's the director's prerogative, not the studio's, to go back and reinvent a movie

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2007 Kawasaki EX650

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast