Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Stealth mode

  1. #1
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Stealth mode


    Fell in love with the Dodge Stealth/3000GT years ago but couldn't justify the price tag on a clean VR4... well, stumbled across this gem last week and couldn't pass it up. '93 Stealth RT/TT w/ 107k orig miles. Just hauled her home today and can't wait to start wrenching. Really wish I had a bigger damn garage right about now!!!



    Transaction went super smooth, aside from Uhaul being a total pita and sending me all the way to Auburn for the trailer after I reserved one in Portland and had confirmation. Whatever... it's in the past, but literally not one person there could even suck it up and apologize one single time.

    She's mostly stock except a gutted cat, 3sx lightweight pulley, HKS BOV, few other bits. Needs attention to a lot of little things, most hopefully stuff I can handle. Came with a full mounted set of Blizzax tires on stock rims which makes me very happy. Lots of stickers for extra power, nice fiberglass & rattle can job on the bumper, classy stuff

    Time to find a new home for the 3000GT I guess.

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  2. #2
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,841

    Re: Stealth mode

    I always loved the looks of those things.

    So you have a 3000gt currently?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  3. #3
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,537

    Re: Stealth mode

    Those cars were a little ahead of their time. Pretty insane back then.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  4. #4
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Def old school but always loved the looks. One of the funnest cars I've driven too, it just fits me.

    Yeah, currently in a '98 SL. Love the late-model look but it's an auto SL....


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  5. #5
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,841

    Re: Stealth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Def old school but always loved the looks. One of the funnest cars I've driven too, it just fits me.

    Yeah, currently in a '98 SL. Love the late-model look but it's an auto SL....

    Boo. Auto. Get rid of it lol.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  6. #6
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Damn straight, feels so good to flick a shifter again

    Pretty sure the white SL is the official douchebag car of the 90's, I'll have to throw in a pager and some unnecessarily flashy sunglasses for the new owner

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  7. #7
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,537

    Re: Stealth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Damn straight, feels so good to flick a shifter again

    Pretty sure the white SL is the official douchebag car of the 90's, I'll have to throw in a pager and some unnecessarily flashy sunglasses for the new owner
    So the car is going to Jersey?

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  8. #8
    ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ma
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: Stealth mode

    Always wanted a Blue 3000GT VR4... was my dream car growing up.

    That's a nice looking stealth. glad the previous owner took the silly moon wing off and put a 3000gt wing on it.


    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by scubasteveRR; 11-07-17 at 10:12 PM.

  9. #9
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    NJ, MA, so many options

    Yep, that banana wing gets me all ragey. Took it off my first stealth and kind of liked the naked look

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  10. #10
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    Always wanted a Blue 3000GT VR4... was my dream car growing up.

    That's a nice looking stealth. glad the previous owner took the silly moon wing off and put a 3000gt wing on it.

    Is this yours?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  11. #11
    Wanker 2v2Ducati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Medford, MA
    Posts
    528

    Re: Stealth mode

    Great cars once you know the quirks. My old roommate was really into 3000GTs, he had a few different ones. I helped do a full VR4 TT swap from a damaged donor car into a cleaner non-vr4, twas a serious fucking project.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like I said they say, nothing stops a party barge.

    97' Ducati 900SS - Sometimes runs

  12. #12
    ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ma
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: Stealth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Is this yours?
    i wish. i have a 2014 Civic SI. my license can't afford anything more than 4 cylinder with 200hp

    If i hit the lottery or make some money someday i'd like to buy that exact car. till then it will live in the dreams of my 18 year old self

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Hypertarded
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Stealth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Fell in love with the Dodge Stealth/3000GT years ago but couldn't justify the price tag on a clean VR4... well, stumbled across this gem last week and couldn't pass it up. '93 Stealth RT/TT w/ 107k orig miles. Just hauled her home today and can't wait to start wrenching. Really wish I had a bigger damn garage right about now!!!.....

    aside from Uhaul being a total pita and sending me all the way to Auburn for the trailer after I reserved one in Portland and had confirmation. Whatever... it's in the past, but literally not one person there could even suck it up and apologize one single time.
    Very nice, always cool when you can get a dream car from your youth, good luck with it.

    Yeah, U-haul really kinda sucks that way, I've had similar issues pretty much anytime I've used them

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Lifer nt650hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,458

    Re: Stealth mode

    +1 for the 3KGT

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

  15. #15
    Super Adventurer SRTie4k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin, NH
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,941

    Re: Stealth mode

    From what I've seen of 3000GT/Stealth RT's...it's a good thing you have a parts car lol.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

  16. #16
    Is this thing on? Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hiram, ME
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: Stealth mode

    I'm jealous, I've absolutely loved that car ever since the 1994 made for TV movies it starred in. A clean, black exterior/tan interior R/T turbo is on my "real life dream car" list.

    I'm apparently in the minority in that I like the stock spoiler.

    I can also second your frustration with Uhaul. When I moved from ME>CT, I reserved a truck and trailer two weeks in advance, at the Uhaul I could walk to, where I even verified the equipment was. Two days before pickup, I call Uhaul to verify the time...and they tell me they can't guarantee the equipment at that location, because it's out right now. Ended up having to drive 20 miles to the closest location that had the stuff, load my car there(inconvenient), and I don't even know when they planned to tell me if I hadn't called them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    You know the SL might be auto but I still love driving it, maybe it's Dad Mode settling in but sometimes convenience is nice. An auto TT would just be wrong though.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2v2Ducati View Post
    Great cars once you know the quirks. My old roommate was really into 3000GTs, he had a few different ones. I helped do a full VR4 TT swap from a damaged donor car into a cleaner non-vr4, twas a serious fucking project.
    Damn, nice. Must have been a full motor swap then? Sounds like a huge project.

    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    i wish. i have a 2014 Civic SI. my license can't afford anything more than 4 cylinder with 200hp

    If i hit the lottery or make some money someday i'd like to buy that exact car. till then it will live in the dreams of my 18 year old self
    One day... lemme know if you ever do

    Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    From what I've seen of 3000GT/Stealth RT's...it's a good thing you have a parts car lol.
    Age and poor maintenance aside, they can be pretty reliable. My SL is at 294k

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    I'm jealous, I've absolutely loved that car ever since the 1994 made for TV movies it starred in. A clean, black exterior/tan interior R/T turbo is on my "real life dream car" list.

    I'm apparently in the minority in that I like the stock spoiler.

    I can also second your frustration with Uhaul. When I moved from ME>CT, I reserved a truck and trailer two weeks in advance, at the Uhaul I could walk to, where I even verified the equipment was. Two days before pickup, I call Uhaul to verify the time...and they tell me they can't guarantee the equipment at that location, because it's out right now. Ended up having to drive 20 miles to the closest location that had the stuff, load my car there(inconvenient), and I don't even know when they planned to tell me if I hadn't called them.
    That tan on black looks amazing. I'm slightly in favor of black on black - first thing I'm doing is stealing the mint black leather seats from my SL.

    Upon returning the truck today, I finally talked to someone nice at Uhaul and she actually apologized. We'll see how much they end up charging me.

    Seems like they could step up their game and have a shuttle service, or just task one of their people to go get the thing for you. They acted like driving an extra 50 miles and waiting an extra 2 hours was just no big deal..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  18. #18
    Short bus rider Teamdineen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North Highside
    Posts
    170

    Re: Stealth mode

    Back in the late 90's my friend had the VR black on black. That car was a turd till 3500 rpm' then shit go real serious. It was like a two smoke with a wicked hit on the power band. Massive lag down low then blast off. AWD rev to 5k drop the clutch and hammer down that car would scream off the line. We would smoke everything. It was so dangerous after a few I can't believe we didn't kill ourselves or any one else. Not proud about it but it did happen maybe once.
    I miss that car it was a blast.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Gutted them both yesterday, swapped all the seats and all the carpeting. Now on to all the trim and dash...





    She was green once. Overall pretty clean under there except some typical rust forming around the drain plug. Wire brush & rustoleum for now, will revisit the cosmetics next year if everything else is solid.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  20. #20
    Hypertarded
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Stealth mode

    Hey, just saw a commercial made me think of this thread, make a note to watch Wheeler Dealer on Velocity TV this coming Wednesday at 9pm. They'll be doing a Mitsu 3000GT VR-4 rebuild, I know it's not exact match but should be interesting, maybe get some tips related to your repairs.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    37,188

    Re: Stealth mode

    Very cool. My brother has a VR4... red, of course. With upgraded turbos. The thing fuckin hauls ass.

    I'll have to tell him to catch that episode of Wheeler Dealers. Great show. Haven't watched any new episodes yet with the new guy but I've heard he's pretty good.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays, Ironstone Ventures
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  22. #22
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Heard about that episode, looking forward to it! I guess they sold the VR4 for $12k? Mostly stock too. They had it listed on 3si and the buyer got to be on the show, but not sure they sold it before the deadline for that.

    Waiting for some new parts and still driving the SL, but I threw it on FB marketplace and have been getting messages every single day.. even auto with 300k on the odo.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  23. #23
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Nope, looks like it's still available for a cool $10k

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  24. #24
    First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Farmington
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,333

    Re: Stealth mode

    Spotted a VR4 on FB and thought of this thread.
    Log into Facebook | Facebook

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Lifer Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,334

    Re: Stealth mode

    Well this has been a fun little project. Looking forward to getting my shed back though and working on a 15' car in a 15' unheated shed has tested my patience pretty thoroughly!

    Did a full interior swap for black leather from the SL except the dash which I'm picking up next month. Replaced the entire front right knuckle because the wrong bolts were used and it was stripped out. Oh and the front calipers as one seized up. That was exciting.

    Just finished up the front - new inner/outer tie rods, rack boots, end links, ball joints, rotors, pads, new calipers, and LOTS of cleaning due to some serious neglect.

    Doing the rear pads/rotors then hopefully get her to the exhaust shop and fix whatever crazy hack job is on there. It was straight piped and there is literally a 3" into 4" pipe just stuffed in there behind the cat. Might just do a full M2 catback and save myself the headache.

    Took all the ricey stickers off to reclaim a bit of dignity for this poor soul.

    Still in love though.


    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •