Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stealth mode

Re: Stealth mode

I like it. Except for the wheels...

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

That either needs tires with a bigger sidewall or to be lowered 2".

0 Not allowed!
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure

Brings me back... this was my first car. A '94 Stealth, teal. Not the twin turbo unfortunately and also unfortunately, automatic.

I really enjoyed it but man I couldn't help but feel like they were so poorly built. Literally everything died on it at some point, whether it was the power windows, locks, ECU, exhaust rotting out, and the final nail in the coffin was the transmission going out for the second time. After a $1800 rebuild the first time under 100k miles I cut my losses and let it go for $800 to someone who wanted to rebuild it entirely in the south.

I did always want a nice clean VR4 but since owning that car I told myself there out I'd own reasonable cars in order to own unreasonable motorcycles.

1 Not allowed!
    '19 Husqvarna FS450 Race
    2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    2007 Aprilia RSVR Factory (For Sale)

I have a set of stockers on there now but I do actually like these rims a lot, personal taste. Will be lowered if/when I do coilovers at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolden View Post
    Brings me back... this was my first car. A '94 Stealth, teal. Not the twin turbo unfortunately and also unfortunately, automatic.

I really enjoyed it but man I couldn't help but feel like they were so poorly built. Literally everything died on it at some point, whether it was the power windows, locks, ECU, exhaust rotting out, and the final nail in the coffin was the transmission going out for the second time. After a $1800 rebuild the first time under 100k miles I cut my losses and let it go for $800 to someone who wanted to rebuild it entirely in the south.

I did always want a nice clean VR4 but since owning that car I told myself there out I'd own reasonable cars in order to own unreasonable motorcycles.
    Nice, my first was a teal '93 Stealth base. That is some bad luck man. I just sold my SL auto with 300k and the thing was a tank, just kept on going. It did need major work on the fuel lines/tank though which was no picnic to replace. I know the auto trans on these has a bad rep.

Definitely not a reasonable car and not my daily, just a project with an unknown future at this point. The price was unbeatable though for a running TT w/ 109k

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteveRR View Post
    If i hit the lottery or make some money someday i'd like to buy that exact car. till then it will live in the dreams of my 18 year old self
    my dream car as an 18 year old

'70 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Lifer

How’s the Stealth?

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12