Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

suggestions for car insurance with shitty driving record

Re: suggestions for car insurance with shitty driving record

Surprising,

Not because of you, because it makes little sense why Liberty doesn't want your money.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Surprising,

Not because of you, because it makes little sense why Liberty doesn't want your money.
    The way it was explained to me is that they are visiting their policy and they don't want high risk drivers. And I'm considered one

0 Not allowed!

Actuarial roulette. They've milked you to the point that the chances of you running over a wheel chair in a cross walk gets exponentially higher each consecutive accident free year. The time table has reached the tipping point and they are dropping you.
    Go to a broker and see what they can find for you, and/or move to a new 'hood.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

I honestly don't know how that stuff works I just know the end result blows

0 Not allowed!

For a great low rate you can get online, go to the General and save some time.

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Yeah, but the problem with this is you're perilously close to insurance fraud.
    i guess but I didn't really have a choice. I was much like tsorfas I think. upside down on our cars and struggling to make ends meet. We didn't over indulge in the cars or even our apartment. A couple inspection sticker violations that I should have won but lost sent everything into a spiral. My rates nearly doubled with each ticket at liberty mutual. It was either take a gamble and rent a room or repo my car or hers. I would do it again in a second.
    Insurance is tough to deal with if you find yourself in a money situation. Living in a high liability area and having a few tickets that may or may not be just can really mess up your life for years and years. There really isn't anything else non health related that has that effect. The only way out sometimes is to cheat and hope you don't get caught.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    i guess but I didn't really have a choice. I was much like tsorfas I think. upside down on our cars and struggling to make ends meet. We didn't over indulge in the cars or even our apartment. A couple inspection sticker violations that I should have won but lost sent everything into a spiral. My rates nearly doubled with each ticket at liberty mutual. It was either take a gamble and rent a room or repo my car or hers. I would do it again in a second.
    Insurance is tough to deal with if you find yourself in a money situation. Living in a high liability area and having a few tickets that may or may not be just can really mess up your life for years and years. There really isn't anything else non health related that has that effect. The only way out sometimes is to cheat and hope you don't get caught.
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why you did it. But if you ever had to make a claim, and if your bike was stolen from Boston instead of Worcester, and if the insurer started asking questions, they would have at best refused your claim -- meaning your payments were for forfeited, and your claim was denied -- and at worst they would have sued you.

I realize these are all hypotheticals, but I worked for an insurance company in a prior life & they prefer not to pay out on claims if they're able to do so.

1 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

I would think a shitty driver would keep the ambulance, and use it as a daily driver - just in case.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why you did it. But if you ever had to make a claim, and if your bike was stolen from Boston instead of Worcester, and if the insurer started asking questions, they would have at best refused your claim -- meaning your payments were for forfeited, and your claim was denied -- and at worst they would have sued you.

I realize these are all hypotheticals, but I worked for an insurance company in a prior life & they prefer not to pay out on claims if they're able to do so.
    At worst it's felony insurance fraud. But we've all done stuff at the margins when we found it necessary, so I'm not going to throw a stone from inside my glass house. You obtained statutory coverage but knew it would get dicey if you ever had to file a claim.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    I would think a shitty driver would keep the ambulance, and use it as a daily driver - just in case.
    A really shitty driver would go next level and drive a hearse.

1 Not allowed!

South Boston didn't have Resident parking for years, and most of Dorchester still doesn't, because the townies all had their cars registered in Quincy. I got hit by a car in Southfield registered to an empty lot in Quincy. Not condoning this whatsoever: but it's common in certain circles.

As others have suggested getting all but one vehicle out of his name and improving your driving record for a couple years is the economical choice.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12