Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I SWORE I'd Never Buy GM Again...

I SWORE I'd Never Buy GM Again...

But Big Shirl is eagerly awaiting THIS
    Fuggit, I'll just go with it. 6000lb towing capacity with the 325 CID V8. The 10 year / 100,000 warranty will make it hurt less...

Yeah, yeah, I swore 'em off. But whatchya gonna do, right? This one isn't my call. Anybody looking for a '03 Volvo S40 in fuck-me-red? Meticulously cared for and maintained. Every option for that year...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Re: I SWORE I'd Never Buy GM Again...

did they drop that shitty I-5? my uncle ended up returning his.. dog of an engine and sucked down more gas than his 8 cyl avalanche.

'01 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    I'll always be greasy on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by bump909 View Post
    did they drop that shitty I-5? my uncle ended up returning his.. dog of an engine and sucked down more gas than his 8 cyl avalanche.
    Made in China

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

Cool enough!

dude......dude just umm don't let her do it. . opinions are like assholes but... i had a colorado witch it is based on. flaming piece of shit. talk her into a military surplus h1 if she wants a hummer.

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Its a Hummer Ridgeline

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

ick

DDD

You are gonna be swearing somemore!

+1 that it is based on the Colorado chassis.

go ridgeline!

Okay, first you know-it-alls missed this '6000lb towing capacity with the 325 CID V8'. Then YES, it's loosely (very loosely-it's a stretch) based on the Colorado. But before you go and base your so-called opinions on 1 paragraph that you read while trying to quickly squeeze out a turd, read some more. Having part of the frame that a Colorado has is hardly 'built based on'. There ain't much shared beyond that...

For the rest of the know-it-alls, you may remember me test driving one before I bought the Murano. At the time all they had was the I-5, and YES it was a TOTAL bore and TOTALLY a Chevy (puke). I can assure you that is no longer the case. Again, do some more homework. You'll be surprised at how they turned the Hummer line back around. Then again, so many of you know so fuggin' much, you probably already know that...

Now on a lighter note: These things have come a long way from the one I test drove a coupla years ago. Just about everything I've read about the new H3 Alphas has been mostly praise. We'll be putting about 100 miles on one next week (the regular H3 Alpha - the H3T won't be in 'til summer). I actually can't wait...

Not much room in the bed, that KTM barely fit with the tailgate down.
    It's not for me, but if it's your cup o'tea - go for it. New rigs are always cool.

I don't want your fuel bill though.

Joel Taylor
    LRRS/CCS #719

Buy a honda ... you know you really want to.

If towing is that important to you, there are much better trucks ... but then, you did the research, right?

6000lb towing capacity?

With a V8? What's holding it back?

Toyota Tacoma Truck - 2008 Performance & Specifications
    6500lbs towing capacity with a V6

771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

H1 HUM-V is the only TRUE Hummer. the rest are all GAY! i fucking HATE those thing. another reason to hate GMC. they took something that was really cool and turned it into a gay little turd mobile for soccer moms that have inferiority complexes. my boss has a H2 SUT (i dont get that...Sport Utility Truck? its either a truck or its not, and dont get me started on SUVs...its a fucking station wagon.) and anything over 50mph and the wind noise from the windshield and its poorly designed box shape made it sound like there was a window open.
    wait for the Jeep Gladiator.....at least it will come with a LIFETIME powertrain warranty

Last edited by SVRACER01; 06-11-10 at 06:11 PM.
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

ive had several gm trucks and had nothing but good luck my current ride is a 03 GMC 2500 sierra 4x4 4 door with a 6.0 plenty of hp i pull a 8000lb camper with bikes in back no problem and the only thing ive done to it is brakes and oil changes in 4 years BTW ALWAYS BUY AMERICAN!!!

Part time expert,part time hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    6000lb towing capacity?

With a V8? What's holding it back?

Toyota Tacoma Truck - 2008 Performance & Specifications
    6500lbs towing capacity with a V6

theres alot more to towing then just motor size. The frame, suspension, and most importantly the brakes. That motor will have no problem moving 6k of weight. but remember you still need to turn and stop all that weight.

For everyone calling it a turd or a piece, dont know if you looked but its pretty much redesigned. And for those saying to buy a ridgeline? the man wanted a truck not a big scale subaru baja. Trucks have a bed, cab, and frame for strength. the ridgeline has no bed, its a unibody much like your car. A "truck" built on a car chassis theories and designs, i guess thats ok if your just hauling daises from home depot on the weekends....

Cant go wrong with buying a chevy or a dodge when it comes to trucks. gmc and dodge are both coming out with half ton diesels for 09 too. should get great fuel economy as well as great hauling power. woohoo

Tuono

catch & roadracer - you guys are wrong. The sooner we realize just how wrong we are, the better off we'll all be. I mean, if three years ago you read something less than flattering about something, there'd certainly be no need to dig any deeper as the model line progresses, right? I've seen what summa the respondants drive. They don't need me to tell 'em they really shouldn't be replying to anything anyone hasta say about a possible NEW vehicle. If they could actually READ, they'd see that it's not MY call anyway....

By mosta their reasoning:

-A Buell is built based on a Harley

-Suzuki's B-King is built based on a Hayabusa

-My TL-R is built based on a 916

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    catch & roadracer - you guys are wrong. The sooner we realize just how wrong we are, the better off we'll all be. I mean, if three years ago you read something less than flattering about something, there'd certainly be no need to dig any deeper as the model line progresses, right? I've seen what summa the respondants drive. They don't need me to tell 'em they really shouldn't be replying to anything anyone hasta say about a possible NEW vehicle. If they could actually READ, they'd see that it's not MY call anyway....

By mosta their reasoning:

-A Buell is built based on a Harley

-Suzuki's B-King is built based on a Hayabusa

-My TL-R is built based on a 916
    well see, im not totally wrong. im all for innovation and improvement, but i think building a truck from based on a car is not the right way to go and maybe my opinion is based on how i use my truck. it hauls and tows heavy all the time. in my mind thats what a future truck owner is going to do. granted you said that you were buying a h3 obviously your usage is different from mine. but it seemed like you were still going to haul since you were opting for the v8.

I actually dont think the ridgeline is a bad vehical for what it is. I just dont think you can classify it as a truck more of an "SUT". So when people suggest to go buy a ridgeline for a truck, i think it doesnt fit the bill. sure it can tow 5k lbs and you can throw some stuff in the back, BUT how well can id do it compared to its "competition" ie half tons from dodge, gmc, ford, toyota? im sure someone will pull out a car and driver test or something but those dont prove jack. only time will tell.

Two main things i see that make me not classify it as a truck. its a unibody and its for independent rear suspension. Look at every truck on the market new and old. first you will notice that its got a frame that will give a tank a run for its money. theres a reason for this. look at semis, dump trucks, anything that does any serious hauling and you will see that this layout provides optimum strength.

Second, the independent rear suspension. Load that bed up with a whole ton of stuff and let me know how it handles. you might get a nice car like ride when your unloaded and even still so when loaded under manuf. weight specs but there is a reason why nothing else on the road has irs. Sure no doubt in my mind someone could go build an irs system that will handle the weight of a fully loaded bed and a 18k lb camper but whats the point? a solid rear axle works and is cost effective. It doesnt have half shafts and a million bearings and moving parts that will eventually break. remember the saying "the less moving parts the better"?

What im saying is if you want an suv type truck with some more bed space, the ridgeline seems like a great choice. irs and a uni body will give you a ride that wont have the mrs. complaining and spilling her latte. But hey, the big 4 truck makers out there have been improving their truck lines for who knows how long and they havnt strayed from these points i mentioned above. Even with the introduction of IFS two things above have stayed the same. if you want a real truck buy something that is designed from previous trucks not cars.

Last edited by catch2otwo; 02-09-08 at 10:00 AM.
    Tuono

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

I *heart* Hummer...always dreamed of having one. I just like how it looks...but I'd be very afraid of the gas bill... I do a LOT of mileage so I don't think this would be a very good choice. I bet your wife will love that thing.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

HUMMERS ARE GAY!
    I WISH WE COULD BAN THEM ALL AND RID OUR STREETS OF THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF IT ALL!

even H1 owners HATE the rest of them.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

HUMMER is bringing its unmistakable style and unmatched capability to the truck market with the 2009 H3T. It is based on the architecture of the popular H3, but features a five-passenger crew cab and a separate five-foot-long (1.5 meters) bed. - ive been in an H2 and 4 people would be uncomforatable i cant imagine a smaller truck with one more person. a 5 ft bed shouldnt qualify it as a truck

The H3T is bigger than a midsize truck and smaller than a full-size truck, creating its own niche in the market. It also is infused with the attributes expected of a HUMMER, including exceptional off-road capability and a premium interior that is as functional as it is comfortable.- because we all know that people buy hummers based on the fact that they want to do serious off roading, it has nothing to do with the fact that it says "Hummer" on it. kinda like why buy a nissan Z350 when you can buy an Infinity G, its the same fucking thing but the G doesnt say Nissan on it.

“With its unique size and HUMMER traits, the H3T is ideal for the customer who works hard and plays harder,” said Martin Walsh, HUMMER general manager. "It offers the combination of truck versatility and HUMMER off-road prowess.”-if you really "played harder" youd buy a rock crawler. and im still missing the "truck versatility" part

In addition to its segment-defying size, the H3T also stands apart from other trucks with its signature HUMMER off-road capability. It is the only midsize truck to come standard with full-time four-wheel drive, 32-inch tires and functional skid shields. It also is the only midsize truck to offer front and rear locking differentials, as well as 33-inch tires – and the V-8-powered H3T Alpha can tow up to 5,900 pounds (2,676 kg).- full time 4WD+ V8+ big tires+ poor aerodynamics= gas--><--H3. those locking differentials and "functional skid sheilds" will come in handy when cruising to the grocery store

for gods sake buy a TRUCK if a truck is what you want. i know its what your wife wants....but you have to drive it too you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    But Big Shirl is eagerly awaiting THIS
    Fuggit, I'll just go with it. 6000lb towing capacity with the 325 CID V8. The 10 year / 100,000 warranty will make it hurt less...

Yeah, yeah, I swore 'em off. But whatchya gonna do, right? This one isn't my call. Anybody looking for a '03 Volvo S40 in fuck-me-red? Meticulously cared for and maintained. Every option for that year...
    I swore years ago never to go GM.... but did again in 2004 with a H2...I loved it until recently.

just this last week i was back to hating GM - i have 33,000 easy miles on the H2
    last 2 months -
    2nd wiper motor failure
    alt bearing failure.
    tensioner bearing failer.
    strange failure on both rear rotors...looks like rotar is just eaten through. - pads fine...
    Now i have a wheel bearing failure. pissing oil out

good ole GM - the 100K miles 5years looks good...
    graham

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

- ive been in an H2 and 4 people would be uncomforatable i cant imagine a smaller truck with one more person. a 5 ft bed shouldnt qualify it as a truck

Um last time i checked the Tacoma was a smaller truck then the h2. Hey what do you know, the tacoma sells like hot shit.

- because we all know that people buy hummers based on the fact that they want to do serious off roading, it has nothing to do with the fact that it says "Hummer" on it. kinda like why buy a nissan Z350 when you can buy an Infinity G, its the same fucking thing but the G doesnt say Nissan on it.

So according to your theory, everyone on the road is a poser. The people that buy mustangs, porsches, etc etc who dont race them full time are posers. Whats wrong with buying a car because you like it? sorry i guess that makes me a poser for buying an rc51 but not being in the ama supersport circuit.

-if you really "played harder" youd buy a rock crawler. and im still missing the "truck versatility" part

Because you cant drive a rock crawler to work, or drop the kids off at school. Have fun driving your rock crawler in the winter too.

- full time 4WD+ V8+ big tires+ poor aerodynamics= gas--><--H3. those locking differentials and "functional skid sheilds" will come in handy when cruising to the grocery store

Again, whats wrong with having those features? Jeep owners put lockers in their rigs and use them on the street as well as off road. Their jeeps get shit mileage but who cares? if your worried about mileage get a car. Whats wrong with having a vehical that can pull double duty? not everyone can have a garage full of specialty vehicals.

Tuono

just don't get that orange color...

Quote Originally Posted by catch2otwo View Post
    Again, whats wrong with having those features? Jeep owners put lockers in their rigs and use them on the street as well as off road. Their jeeps get shit mileage but who cares? if your worried about mileage get a car. Whats wrong with having a vehical that can pull double duty? not everyone can have a garage full of specialty vehicals.
    The difference is the Jeeps people are doing those mods to are competent off road.

771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast