Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

lets talk Juicers / juicing machine

Re: lets talk Juicers / juicing machine

some veggies are pretty high-yield when it comes to juice...apples are definitely one of them!

I always avoided them since I was a kid because I swear they made my mouth itchy so I thought I had an allergy. Juiced = okay.

I tried this combo today:
    -2 nubs of ginger
    -4 handfuls of blueberries
    -3 whole carrots
    -1 stalk kale
    -1 apple

So instead of mixing with OJ (lots of refined sugar) to counter the spice of the ginger, I tried the apple - and honestly, it does just as good a job!

Starting Wednesday I work 6 days straight, so Tuesday will be my grocery shopping day...more kale, bananas, ginger, blueberries, strawberries...but definitely getting 6 apples this time!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 07-16-17 at 02:40 PM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram/snapchat @cali2smoke

I'm getting used to and committed to juicing ginger root now...I juice it up to 3 times daily. Not sure if it helps with calming the stomach/nausea (I don't have any nausea anyways) and highly doubt it's helping with any body aches and pains (I seem to have them regardless...namely at joints. Exercise/stretching always "helps" the most here)

it's always in combo w' something sweet - apple/carrot/strawberries - to counter the spicy flavor...but I'm kinda getting used to the spice anyhow. I buy 2 of the biggest pieces the grocery store carries, and I'll juice both in a week.

I also tried, for the first time - juicing celery. I'd read (on here?) that's it's a high yield juiced veggie...and it sure is. Seemed to also mask the taste of ginger a bit.

And I got these:

12 pack was $8 or so...these are mostly for on-the-go. I bring 1 between breakfast/lunch...I seem to get hungry 2-1/2 hours into my shift like clockwork...then again between hour 7 and hour 10. I pack a juice into one and a smoothie into another.

Women...love fresh pressed juices...and they only cost me $1 to make? Cheaper than buying them espresso drinks at starbucks

my roommate has been growing plants and herbs...maybe I can grow and juice my own?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-12-17 at 01:29 AM.
    2007 Suzuki DL650

iTrader Score

Bitches also love mason jars...

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

they do...tomorrow I'm working a store that's staffed with all women aged late 20's to early 30's...I'm bringing everyone an easy juice, haha

easy tasting mixed drink:
    -nub of ginger
    -4-5 strawberries
    -3-4 whole carrots
    -1/2 an apple

add/remove ginger for spicy taste

weight: I'll be honest, a lot of days I'll have only have 1 slice of toast and eggs for breakfast, then aca'i bowls/juices/smoothies the rest of the day. I get hungry every 2 hours and I'm barely getting any carbs, and my weight doesn't really go down. I've been 148-152lbs for months with all my fat on my stomach/thighs.

energy: not going to make juices/smoothies out to be more than they are. It only helps a little bit....kinda more base line/consistent energy. Definitely not the "surge" you feel with coffee...and me being kinda skinny, I get rampant highs and lows/pretty amped with sugar and carbs...I generally need them in my diet if I don't want a really bad crash. If I try to just uses juices/smoothies the whole day I definitely get sluggish and headaches....so I do both.

Either way, I figure this is good for me in the long run...I will be a juicer/smoothie maker for the rest of my life. I don't take any multivitamins.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 08-20-17 at 11:45 AM.
    2007 Suzuki DL650

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345