Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172728293031323334353637

Let's talk trucks

Re: Let's talk trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I spent the extra couple bucks this last time around and bought a Tundra in hopes that it will last 250k+.

Personally, I can't believe the Expedition made that list. The one we had made it to 85k, and was getting near the end. That was an '04 model, so maybe the newer ones are much better.
    Its nearly meaningless in that the highest percentage of any of them is 6.6%. For all vehicles it’s 1.2%.

In our fleet experience if you spend the money on maintenance you can get just about anything to 200,000. But it probably doesn’t make economic sense.

0 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”
    Richard Feynman.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/fo...-for-2019-news

“Look for the new Ford Ranger to hit showrooms in early 2019.”

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 05-19-18 at 04:43 AM.
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”
    Richard Feynman.

Chevy going with 4cyl engines in the Silverado
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...id=mailsignout

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Chevy going with 4cyl engines in the Silverado
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...id=mailsignout
    Interesting, I loved my Ford eco boost, will be fun to see how GM evolves with this.

My 2015 sierra is almost at lease end. I’ll miss the 6.2 and that’s it. Certain parameters are limiting my next move so Toyota Tundra limited with the shorter cab and bed is next up for me. Test drove one last week and it’s a really nice rig. The ONLY downside to the switch is the tundra is slathered in plastic chrome shit, just like my current truck. I really dislike blingy shit.

0 Not allowed!

Now if they did the turbo 4 banger, and ALSO fully aluminum bodied the bowtie, then it would probably hit it out of the park on MPG, driveability, etc. Lightness is an asset.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Now if they did the turbo 4 banger, and ALSO fully aluminum bodied the bowtie, then it would probably hit it out of the park on MPG, driveability, etc. Lightness is an asset.
    Need to wait a year or two so they can do that and brag about even better fuel mileage. All part of the game.

If MPG goes up too much too fast they can't bang the drum about unreasonable CAFE requirements all the time

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 05-19-18 at 02:50 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Interesting, I loved my Ford eco boost, will be fun to see how GM evolves with this.

My 2015 sierra is almost at lease end. I’ll miss the 6.2 and that’s it. Certain parameters are limiting my next move so Toyota Tundra limited with the shorter cab and bed is next up for me. Test drove one last week and it’s a really nice rig. The ONLY downside to the switch is the tundra is slathered in plastic chrome shit, just like my current truck. I really dislike blingy shit.
    My friend went from a 2013ish Sierra to a 2017 tundra. He loves the tundra, but is a little bummed that 1.) it rides much firmer than the Sierra, and 2.) at least the trim he has, didn’t come with some options like his Sierra had, like height adjustable seats.

Also, the paint seems cheap, he has a few chips that went straight through the paint to the metal, as if Toyota’s paint is thin in layers or something. Just food for thought

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    My friend went from a 2013ish Sierra to a 2017 tundra. He loves the tundra, but is a little bummed that 1.) it rides much firmer than the Sierra, and 2.) at least the trim he has, didn’t come with some options like his Sierra had, like height adjustable seats.

Also, the paint seems cheap, he has a few chips that went straight through the paint to the metal, as if Toyota’s paint is thin in layers or something. Just food for thought
    Appreciate it, I know they have some deficiencies and don’t really compete with the high end domestics. But this will be a corp supplied vehicle so any fucks given are really for comfort and my specific needs. I think it will be a great truck but time will tell. I’ll only have it 3 years so I’m hoping for the best. The few Tundra owners I know seem to like theirs.

0 Not allowed!

Toyota kicks ass with the Tacoma but the Tundra seems stuck at 5-10% market share.

0 Not allowed!
    Richard Feynman.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Toyota kicks ass with the Tacoma but the Tundra seems stuck at 5-10% market share.
    My opinion on that is, the Dakota and ranger currently don’t exist, while many buyers would never consider a tundra over a Silverado/ram/f150 (I’m dying to know how many ram buyers pass on tundra to buy ‘Murica when really they are buying Italian)...

0 Not allowed!

Being a Tundra owner, I will say the fit and finish is a bit lacking. Paint quality is an issue, washing mine the other day you could see the different spray patterns in the metallic on the corners and non-flat surfaces. The paint has a few more chips in it than I'd like to see, but small ones made invisible with a paint pen. Interior has some squeaks already at 38k. I have the SR5 and the cloth seats are tough to keep clean.
    Overall, I really like the truck. Good power, drives nice, bit on the stiff side, hauls a ton and then some.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Going back to the hitch carrier question with cars... I spotted this at Wareham yesterday.

Let's talk trucks-img_3543-jpg

I would not be comfortable with that.

1 Not allowed!
    '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Hypertarded

Uuummm, yeah, that's fucked up on multiple levels not the least of which is the 2 smoker on an electric car, but I guess ecologically he's maybe breaking even

0 Not allowed!

While I absolutely hate Prii, I will say the ones I've known have taken a serious beating and still going fine.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Mocking Pius owners is fun and easy too. But lots of cabs are going that way and they are lasting a long time in city use. At stoplights, nothing is moving so nothing is wearing out.

This guy took it to 11. Member Car Day at Larz Anderson Museum.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-13-18 at 07:14 AM.
    Richard Feynman.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Going back to the hitch carrier question with cars... I spotted this at Wareham yesterday.

Let's talk trucks-img_3543-jpg

I would not be comfortable with that.
    I wouldn't do that with my Tacoma.

Not sure why people have such a huge aversion to a cheap HF trailer. I don't care how well it works, those hitch mounted carriers are sketchy as hell.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 06-13-18 at 08:47 AM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Mocking Pius owners is fun and easy too. But lots of cabs are going that way and they are lasting a long time in city use.
    Camry Hybrid is the sweet spot there. Much more space, very similar fuel economy and the Camry holds up better to the pounding in Boston.

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Not sure why people have such a huge aversion to a cheap HF trailer.
    Right now, probably because you can't buy one unless you go used. Sure there are other inexpensive trailer options out there but the cheapest of cheap are not for sale currently.

Some it may be a matter of no place to store a trailer where the hitch carrier can go in the basement.

Hi Clayton!

1 Not allowed!
    LRRS NV #300

I have both, but for a single bike i use the hauler every time. So much easier to park in town or turn around in traffic etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I have both, but for a single bike i use the hauler every time. So much easier to park in town or turn around in traffic etc.
    same here, have both, just used the carrier for a ~5hr round trip with some pretty nasty dirt road sections as well as slab w/construction zones. always glad i keep the carrier around, it comes in handy.

an anti-wobble bracket is a very nice addition, rock solid ... although this is for a ~220lb dirt bike, nothing heavier ... i've only used it on pickups and a Jeep, no Prius'

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 250RR