Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4243435363738394041424344
Results 1,076 to 1,083 of 1083

Let's talk trucks

Re: Let's talk trucks

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I got 15.5 with my 04 2500HD with the 8.1L, I credit the Allison 5spd and ordering it with 3.73 axle vs 4.10.
    Not surprising at all the 6.2 is doing well on fuel, GM makes torque at lower rpms than the competition.

I just returned from a weekend trip to Maine, about 800 miles total and I got a depressing 14mpg with a 2017 f150 with the 5.0 v8 2wd truck.
    I have an 8.1L with the Allison in an 01 plow truck and I use 1/4 tank plowing the driveway.

You shoulda stopped in and said hi while you were in maine!

0 Not allowed!

World Trackday Champion xxaarraa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
    Thats not bad, I have a 2018 Sierra Denali with the 6.2L and I average 20mpg and 25 cruising on the highway
    I buy that. You leave AFM on, correct? I have the slightly uprated version of the same motor in my C7 and easily clear 31 mpg on the highway when it kicks into V4 mode regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    I hate my 10 speed pretty bad. Its better now that its tuned (stock jams 10th gear down your throat)

using the paddle shifters is a joke, downshifting 8 or 9 times to a stop sign, then back up another 8 or 9 gears on the other end. Say you have three stop signs in a short distance, worst case scenario, that's 60 shifts....
    I never use the paddles on the truck, I find the 10 speed very refined. You must be tearing it up in baja mode everywhere you go! In most cars, if you pull and hold the downshift paddle, it should automatically click you down to the lowest gear safely allowed. Same with upshift, pull and hold and it should put you back in Drive mode. You shouldn't have to click down or up individual gears if you don't want to.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 08-15-18 at 07:11 AM.
    All you need to know about NESR:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Personally, I would just call up Shell and see which bike they have specified for Rotella.
    Instagram: xxaarraa1983

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    I buy that. You leave AFM on, correct? I have the slightly uprated version of the same motor in my C7 and easily clear 31 mpg on the highway when it kicks into V4 mode regularly.

I never use the paddles on the truck, I find the 10 speed very refined. You must be tearing it up in baja mode everywhere you go! In most cars, if you pull and hold the downshift paddle, it should automatically click you down to the lowest gear safely allowed. Same with upshift, pull and hold and it should put you back in Drive mode. You shouldn't have to click down or up individual gears if you don't want to.
    I think our trucks and our driving styles are vastly different....

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    I have an 8.1L with the Allison in an 01 plow truck and I use 1/4 tank plowing the driveway.

You shoulda stopped in and said hi while you were in maine!
    What part of Maine? I stayed in Harmony, and took the trails from there to Moosehead Lake

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    What part of Maine? I stayed in Harmony, and took the trails from there to Moosehead Lake
    Augusta area I guess. Beautiful trails up that way!

I miss being in Mass and having more people to do stuff with!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    I dont think you can shut it off but yeah its on. Kicks down to a V4 ect. Im also and very good on the pedal, Ive yet to even crack it full throttle lol

0 Not allowed!

I dont think you can shut it off but yeah its on. Kicks down to a V4 ect. Im also and very good on the pedal, Ive yet to even crack it full throttle lol
    travesty! that poor 6.2!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Not allowed!

World Trackday Champion xxaarraa's Avatar

Oh yes you can I have an OBDII plugin (Range technologies) that is an AFM delete. I have it on a switch so that it's always in V8 mode when I'm driving, but I turn it off when I loan the car to my girlfriend lol

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xxaarraa; 08-15-18 at 01:48 PM.
    All you need to know about NESR:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Personally, I would just call up Shell and see which bike they have specified for Rotella.
    Instagram: xxaarraa1983