Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11314142434445464748495051
Results 1,251 to 1,259 of 1259

Let's talk trucks

Re: Let's talk trucks

Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post
    Just ordered a set of the LTX tires for my '18 1500. Holy shit are truck tires expensive.
    I just put Falken Wildpeak on the Tundra (18's). $500 for a set of 4 on line and my local guy mounted for $80. The only thing I don't like about these tires is they seemed to drop my mpg by 1 to 1.5. Next tires I'm going to go with the Geolanders I have on the Armada. Not as beefy looking, but ride better and don't seem to affect mpgs.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

$580 is amazing!

I have bf goodrich commercial T/A in a 245/75/16...when I got the truck I found they were recalled, so even with 2 tires replaced free under recall I spent $600ish somehow and I thought that was a good price for four brand new tires. previously before that I got the bf goodrich rugged trail 265/75/17 and that was $700-$800 for all four. F truck tires & expenses.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 03-18-19 at 10:13 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke ** 2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Busa ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Cost of entry is very similar, cost of maint/ownership should also be similar as many of them are built on the same platform, ease of storage gets a mild nudge, range of tasks looks like large overlap with the exception of the extreme ends of the spectrum.
    My observation has been that a cheap 22' class C will run you about 2x the cost of a brand new, mid-roof Transit.

To my view this is like a DIY built-out utility trailer vs a full-on toy-hauler travel trailer. If you can do without the wet rooms alone you can save a fortune. Never mind skip a lot of the maintenance.

I argue the wet rooms are not mandatory for most track-rats.

0 Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I ran a 2004 Avalanche for about two years. SNIP I think they are a good idea for versatility, I just got a poorly kept but well masked rusty specimen.
    I have nothing to add except that I think "rusty specimen" should have a second meaning that deserves an entry in the urban dictionary.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    $580 is amazing!

I have bf goodrich commercial T/A in a 245/75/16...when I got the truck I found they were recalled, so even with 2 tires replaced free under recall I spent $600ish somehow and I thought that was a good price for four brand new tires. previously before that I got the bf goodrich rugged trail 265/75/17 and that was $700-$800 for all four. F truck tires & expenses.
    4 Cooper Evolution H/T's for my Tacoma, $430 shipped.

The ride mint.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Cost of entry is very similar, cost of maint/ownership should also be similar as many of them are built on the same platform, ease of storage gets a mild nudge, range of tasks looks like large overlap with the exception of the extreme ends of the spectrum.

That's not true.
    Ok, we do lack the empty floorspace of a C. But we also lack the weeble wobble feel when driving. I can see the C if you have more than 2 people, but they are goliaths compared to B. However, for the money you can get a LOT more for you buck in a C. Modern B's are expensive as hell. It's all about use patterns.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Looking for truck tires try this site Discount Tire Direct | Tires and Wheels for Sale Online

0 Not allowed!

I'm talking Class C vs a real van, not a Class B, etc. Getting into an RV with a rubber roof and a metric shit-ton of areas that are sealed with putty, a full water system, heating system, there is a lot more TLC required unless you're ok with your rig rotting out from under you. You get lots of benefits for that complexity, which is one of the reasons I've gone that way, but you also get a lot more work. Paul's B is damn close to the perfect middle ground, save for class Bs like that being hella expensive new or used.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Attachment 50419
    Doug’s my dude.
    I met him when i was with Lexus, I got to hang out for the day with im when we filmed the LC500 video.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Dude is killing it with you tube money. his production cost or damn near nothing

Duuuuuude...

0 Not allowed!