Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tempur-pedic

Tempur-pedic

Anyone got one of these beds? Thoughts if so?

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

Good friend speat $1500 on one, felt great for a month, now he hates it and wishes he bought something else. I'm sure he'd sell it cheap if you really want one!

0 Not allowed!
    2001 Silver ZX-12R... RIP
    2005 KDX 200

Tempur-pedic

Be wary, they hold in heat and can be uncomfortable in the summer. I know a few people who complain about that.

0 Not allowed!
    Trackday ride: 2001 gsxr 600
    Pit Bike: Xtreme 125 cc
    Cage toy: 1980 Jeep CJ-5 It will wheelie too.
    Daily beater: 2005 Chevy Colorado 4x4 four door.

Lifer

Tempur-pedic

Go find a showroom and lay down on them a bunch.

I just bought a new bed 2 weeks ago. I "tried out" a whole bunch and it was tough to tell the difference once you get to a certain price level.

Also look for a dealer that will let you trade for a month or something if it doesn't work for you.

In the end I bought a Sealy posturepedic.. I haven't slept on it enough to know if it's great yet and it's real hard to tell, as my old mattress had failed giving me some weird back problems. The back problems are already gone so it's doing it's job AFAICT.

It's all personal preference so no one can necessarily tell you what is best for you.

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

Yes, they are pricey. Tempurpedic does have an easy return policy. 30 days to try it and you can return it for 30 days after that (we will actually buy it at Jordans b/c we have a nice disount coupon to use, but they have lots of beds there to make a second choice if need be). I know its personal taste, but if ppl have em and hate em its good to know before putting out the cash.

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

I just bought a 4-inch memory foam mattress cover from overstock.com for $150, including 2 memory foam pillows. Haven't got it yet, but it got great reviews.

0 Not allowed!
    "It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Tempur-pedic

I just bought a new Serta mattress from Sam's club and saved a TON of $$. It's the pillow top one w/the memory foam in the padding. I've had it for a couple of months now and LOVE IT!!! But I know Jordans has the Tempur-pedic on display. I laid on it and HATED it. It was way too hard for me. But they also can put you on the sleep master bed machine thingy and it gives you a printout of how you lay in bed/sleep, etc. then give you suggestions on what type of mattress would be good for you. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot anyway.

0 Not allowed!
    "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life!"

Tempur-pedic

When we were looking for a new mattress, we went everywhere. Jordan’s had many different brands to lie on and try out. I don't think you can just lay on one and decide, but they do have a decent return policy.
    I tried the tempur-pedic (in the store), but just wasn’t sure. Having a bad back made a difficult decision on a mattress. Got a king coil and love it!

0 Not allowed!
    04 ZX-10R
    02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    68 Oldsmobile 442
    05 Tahoe

Tempur-pedic

the sleep by number air matress interests me but i cant tell if it is a gimmick like the tempur ones... the temper ones seem great as first but i think you just sink into them and stay there..

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Tempur-pedic

I think the type of bed has to fit the person.

I have a bad lower back. The best bed in the world for me was a full motion water bed. But my wife did not like it too much.

Second best was a soft sided water bed, but that had a cushion which hammocked.

The foam was too hot for me; even in the winter.

Now we have an expensive conventional mattress. Too early to tell how this one will work.

don't forget the Bob-o-pedic!!

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Tempur-pedic

Go woth latex! I love them, my girlfriend bought one last year and it is the best bed I have slept on. I have a terrible lower back and it feels awesome after I sleep on it.

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

I have one and love it!!! They do get hot so I got a down slip cover thing for it when I purchased it and its great. Its like a cusion of air between you and the matress.

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

I have has mine for 3 years now and love it...I don't wake up with a sore back anymore...

It is a bit stiffer than a regular mattress..But it still was the best option for me..

Just remember they are very heavy to move though..

0 Not allowed!
    " It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Tempur-pedic

I have a tempurpedic bed, and a really bad back. I massively herniated a disk in my back 3 years ago, a few weeks later I bought a tempurpedic, and immediately felt noticeably better. I really like it. I do know several people that don't like them. Isn't there some hotels that have them? - Mike

0 Not allowed!
    Mike Green
    LRRS #450 novice
    http://www.mikegreensculpture.com
    '06 svx550
    '04 cr500 af le
    '04 525 smr
    '02 660 sms
    '01 drz 450 sm streetbike
    '99 r7
    '99 sv650
    '86 rg500

Tempur-pedic

We have one for our 6 year old

so it would not bounce

he seems to be getting better sleep then his sh* t toddler bed.

I am cheap.

I have a 10 year old Simmons and so far I see no change or divit or any problem

0 Not allowed!
    Glen Beck is John the Baptist

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Tempur-pedic

i work at a furniture store so i know NOTHING about this subject but i say.....NO!!! dont get one

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by xvrider
    I have has mine for 3 years now and love it...I don't wake up with a sore back anymore...
    That's because your married now and don't have to put out anymore!!

KB

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by skiierx
    Go woth latex! I love them, my girlfriend bought one last year and it is the best bed I have slept on. I have a terrible lower back and it feels awesome after I sleep on it.
    +1 on the latex

I have a KingKoil

one thing you want to do is try out the bed in the store

all kidding aside, temperpedics are expensive and IMHO not as good as other foam beds

when you lay on the bed in the store, lay near the edge, unless they reinforce the edge of the mattress, many of the foam mattress you will gradually roll off the bed... ever fall on the floor in your sleep

the King Koil that I have is a thinner layer of visco foam over high density latex

If you like to bounce get a mattress with steels springs

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by xvrider

Just remember they are very heavy to move though..
    I bought the Ippolito's Furniture version (Meredith, NH with free delivery) of the Tempurpedic, and I love it. I paid around $1900 for mine. Mine has the pillow top and I have no problem in the summer, it is the same temp as a regular mattress. Had it for about 1 year, never wake up with a sore back anymore. Mine has handles on it though. After moving xvriders a few times I made sure mine had handles

0 Not allowed!
    Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    i work at a furniture store so i know NOTHING about this subject but i say.....NO!!! dont get one
    you too , HUH?

I have reviewed the sleep number beds, and they are not worth their money IMO..... it is literally an AIR MATRESS base setup.

Aa for the memory-foam style matresses, simmons makes one that is less expensive than tempur. and has the same heat retention issues. they also do not last as long as a coil style mattress......

I have had several different style pillow tops, standard, and latex matresses, and finally found one that suits both my wife and myself.

no offense to anyone else, but just laying on one for a few minutes will not give you the desired comfort results ALL THE TIME.

make sure you get a 30 day minimum no hassle return/exchange guarantee.....

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

I paid a shitload for my mattress... and wake up with back pain.

Stayed at a friend's house the other night and woke up feeling great.

However, other people have slept on my mattress and said it was great.

I really think mattresses are a personal matter... as others have said, you have to try it for yourself over the course of a week or two.

Grrr.... I hate mattress shopping/moving! Ever try to get a king sized mattress down a tight staircase.

I have to do something, though. Waking up with pain sucks!

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Littering and........

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by 35racer

However, other people have slept on my mattress and said it was great.

Man-whore.

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by 35racer
    Ever try to get a king sized mattress down a tight staircase.

ummmm....... yes...... EVERY FUCKING DAY!! sometimes 2, 3, 4 and once....6 times in one day

ever try getting a 8+ ft 400+ lb armoire to the 3rd floor...... through a window?

0 Not allowed!
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Tempur-pedic

errr.... you win.

once every couple of years of moving furniture is enough for me.

0 Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Tempur-pedic

the "problem" with the tempur beds.. is that the foam is supposed to "cure" for a year or 2 before use. when the whole "foam bed thing" blew up, demand was higher than stock so they get pushed out the door before they are ready. some of the very first ones probably didnt suffer any problems but then the craze grew and they began to suck. they start to break down and they become uncomforatable.. and they are fucking heavy! just wanted to add that.

the # beds are OK, but yes they are just that ... an air mattress, and the compressor isnt "loud" but if you are a light sleeper you might not like it. the compressor comes on all night to keep the bed at that #.

pillow tops will tend to hold heat in a little more as opposed to non pillowtops. you can find "leftover" matts at discount stores.. like Big Bills in n. hampton. even the cool ones witrh the zip off top for almost half the price of a new 06 model bed.

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast