Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tempur-pedic

Tempur-pedic

90% of king mattresses are HINGED from side to side to collapse @ 30 degrees ( to allow for tight fitting areas)

the worst item to move for me is the new LANE reclining sofas, the frame rail does not detach and the backs do not unhook ! ( love them laz-boys for that invention)

we actually stopped carrying the tempur series for a long time because of sooo many quality issues. now we have them again becuase the demand went back up...

Simmons memory foam are decent but again only last a few years...

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by 01YZF6
    Aa for the memory-foam style matresses, simmons makes one that is less expensive than tempur. and has the same heat retention issues. they also do not last as long as a coil style mattress......

I am surprised by the length of time it lasts - or rather length of time it doesnt last. As I understood it, they have a full 10 year warranty against sag and other defects and a 20 year almost full warranty against a whole host of other issues.

I'll need to check on that again.

0 Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by 01YZF6
    90% of king mattresses are HINGED from side to side to collapse @ 30 degrees ( to allow for tight fitting areas)

the worst item to move for me is the new LANE reclining sofas, the frame rail does not detach and the backs do not unhook ! ( love them laz-boys for that invention)

we actually stopped carrying the tempur series for a long time because of sooo many quality issues. now we have them again becuase the demand went back up...

Simmons memory foam are decent but again only last a few years...

yeeeeaaaahhh..... hinged..... uhh huh
    if you only had to bend it 30 degrees then it wouldnt be a tight fit would it?

double recling sofas that DONT come apart can suck my ass!!

my favorite are the square corner peice of a sectional... those are fun no matter how you turn them... they still dont fit... round peg... square hole.

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Tempur-pedic

no need to remind me !

I live in a city where 80% is 3 and 4 floor apt blocks.

I live for the out of town deliveries.... 100 mile radius allows for finding some nice roads

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

i did a sofa, love, recliner today and none of them would fit in the elevator... so up six flights to the fourth floor.

what a way to start the day

who do you work for?

my boss wears a bikini on TV

0 Not allowed!
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Tempur-pedic

TOP Furniture & Appliance

elevators? wtf are those?

closest thing to an elevator was this womans e-z lift assistance power chair on the stairs, and we could not climb around it to save our necks ( king matt exchange)

Simmons had a recall on the BR 400 series KING Matts , soooooooooooo I had 4 exchanges alone today...
    + everyones fridge is dead for some reason this week....

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

Update:

We went with the Celebrity model Tempurpedic bed, arrived in late august. It smelled as people said it would, but not badly, kinda like butterscotch or something. Smell lasted about 2 weeks, and once it was gone I missed it a little.

The bed is very comfortable. Many nights (but not all) I wake up in the smae position I fell asleep in (I think) which makes me think that Im not getting uncomfortable and rolling around. I certainly still have nights where I roll around as well.

In terms of the bed being hot and uncomfortable, it has not been an issue at all, even in late august when it was in the 90's outside. We have central air, so maybe that makes it a non-issue.

Overall we are very happy with the choice, but Im not convinved it was worth the money. I think it will take a couple of years to be sure, but we never even considered sending them back when the 60 day trial was up.

0 Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Tempur-pedic

I work in a furniture store and have sold about 200 tempurpedics in the last 1.5 years. I have had exactly 0 returned with the trial period offer, and I have heard 0 warranty / quality issues come up.

Hope that bed works well for you for years to come. Remember if you have a problem, return to the store that sold it to you and be persistant about them taking care of you under the terms of the warranty.

0 Not allowed!

Tempur-pedic

Originally posted by tonyd
    I work in a furniture store and have sold about 200 tempurpedics in the last 1.5 years. I have had exactly 0 returned with the trial period offer, and I have heard 0 warranty / quality issues come up.

Hope that bed works well for you for years to come. Remember if you have a problem, return to the store that sold it to you and be persistant about them taking care of you under the terms of the warranty.
    Good to know. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Re: Tempur-pedic

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Update:

We went with the Celebrity model Tempurpedic bed, arrived in late august. It smelled as people said it would, but not badly, kinda like butterscotch or something. Smell lasted about 2 weeks, and once it was gone I missed it a little.

The bed is very comfortable. Many nights (but not all) I wake up in the smae position I fell asleep in (I think) which makes me think that Im not getting uncomfortable and rolling around. I certainly still have nights where I roll around as well.

In terms of the bed being hot and uncomfortable, it has not been an issue at all, even in late august when it was in the 90's outside. We have central air, so maybe that makes it a non-issue.

Overall we are very happy with the choice, but Im not convinved it was worth the money. I think it will take a couple of years to be sure, but we never even considered sending them back when the 60 day trial was up.

so? still loving the mattress? we're in the market now.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post
    so? still loving the mattress? we're in the market now.
    Yes... my wife who has lower back issues repeatedly comments on how happy is that we ponied up for it.

0 Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

I have a Bob opedic (for 2 yrs now)and love it. I laid on that and the temperpedic before I bought and found that the plush Bobs was the same as the normal temperpedic. It is "firm" and takes getting used to, but you wont wake up with a stiff back ever, and it is very comfortable.

0 Not allowed!

I'm gettin me one of dese...

(EDIT: THE BED OF NAILS YOU PERVS....)

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucDave; 02-12-09 at 06:48 PM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
    Muhammad Ali.

We had the nail one before the TP, the TP is a bit better.

0 Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

I Love giggle drops..!! BluGixxer's Avatar

+ 1234567890
    I have a bad lower back...bought an imatation t/p from walmart , queen $165,had best wright ups from cons report, no complaints , its about 5 yrs old.. next one will be sleep by numbers.. heard they are even better..

0 Not allowed!
    Beat It Like A Rented Mule !!
    Legend in my own mind

anybody have the jordans furniture version of a tempurpedic?

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

i have the real deal tempur-pedic in king size (got it from the parents for free, i win!) my mom didnt like it so they were getting rid of it. I LOVE the thing. It is REDICULOUSLY comfortable. I suggest it to anyone. That being said, I could never bring myself to spend that much on a mattress...

0 Not allowed!
    Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

no, but I bought mine there

0 Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

okay, well we jusy bought the jordans version of a tempurpedic, the viscopedic. we'll see what happens.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

hows the warranty?

0 Not allowed!

20 year "limited", matches the real tempurpedic from what i can tell from a warranty standpoint. in trying both beds, the one from Jordan's is a bit different when you initially lay down. the tempurpedic seemed to have an initial "skin" layer and then you would settle in. the Jordan's version doesn't seem to have that skin.
    i think our next bed will probably be a real tempurpedic, but this one is just getting us through until we get into the new house. at that point we jump to king size and the queen jordan's version goes to the guest room. i compare it to an EX, good entry level racing on the cheap until you can run Moto GP.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

We went to Jordan's after having a disappointing experience at Bernie & Phyl's. (no one seemed to want to help and we weren't crazy about the bed frame selection).

We ended finding a nice solid ash frame at Jordan's and did the sleep technician thing. We laid down on a few inner spring mattresses adn weren't impressed. (yes, we laid on them for over 5 minutes each, after hearing that this is the way to go)

We ended up trying the Viscopedic and I damn-near fell asleep right there in the store. It was incredible.

We definitely do not have the $$$ to get a Tempurpedic with the least expensive one starting at $2699 for the king. So, we got the Viscopedic for $1100.

We'll see how it goes.

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Had mine for 5 years now..Still love it..

0 Not allowed!
    " It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12