Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a terrible idea, right?

Re: This is a terrible idea, right?

You can hook a battery to the starter and spin the motor over, if it doesn't make any strange noises while spinning over, it's likely fine. Tig welding the case is better than jb weld, but it's still likely to give issues in the long run.
    I had an 06 yfz450 and it was a solid machine, fun in the trails and fun at the local MX tracks.

1 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Re: This is a terrible idea, right?

I have been racing on the same JB Welded case repair on my sumo for nearly a decade now. Similar situation, chain came off at some point for a prior owner and took out half the clutch pull arm boss. I cleaned the area with brake and parts cleaner, put the pull arm back in, covered the shaft in grease and then slobbed 24hr JB Weld over it, using a torch to add heat while periodically moving the shaft to prevent the weld from sticking to it. It's been holding up mint since.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12