Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tom Brady is Mediocre!!!

Re: Tom Brady is Mediocre!!!

A generous one. We had 17 seats at the game, the one I had was in the endzone, row 4. Great game, and to stay on topic, Brady led a good charge. I think Blount was the star of the game, the refs lack of calling pass interference a few times really kept the score in the 40's. Brady's numbers would have looked better.

2 Not allowed!

Stats walk and bullshit is just talk

0 Not allowed!
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee that will do them in"

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    Why closed? Even if the Pats win, he'd still only be tied with Bradshaw and Montana.
    Neither of those guys has been to 6.

0 Not allowed!

Montana never lost one.

I don't know about Bradshaw and don't feel like looking it up.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by motoarch View Post
    Montana never lost one.

I don't know about Bradshaw and don't feel like looking it up.
    Both only played in 4.

0 Not allowed!

NFL Investigating Claims That Belichick Used Black Magic In Win Over Colts

The Indianapolis camp is claiming that Belichick used black magic to the defeat them 45-7 in the Sunday night massacre.

"There was definitely some voodoo going on," said Colts QB, Andrew Luck.

Sources speculate that perhaps there was a spell involved that gave LeGarrett Blount super-human strength when running, and that the eyes of the Indianapolis defense would burn when they tried to tackle him. More than one player reported this phenomenon after the game. Perhaps even more telling was Colts coach Chuck Pagano's account of what happened after the game. "When I shook hands with Belichick after the game," said Pagano, "there was definitely a strong smell of sulfur. How do you explain that?"

The NFL is expected to complete their investigation before Super Bowl weekend.

1 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

The Patriots could have won that game with a cinder block instead of a football....

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

Yeah, LaGarrette Blount needed an underinflated ball to run through their defense the way Gray did earlier, and he did last year.....

I'm sure Elizabeth Warren will propose federal BPMS (Ball Pressure Monitoring Systems) be required on all new footballs.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

In close you could see sparks fly from Blount as he pounded their D-line. Superhuman? I think so....

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Lol@Michael Rosenberg....

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

Rosenberg was on DnC earlier today and they ripped him up pretty good, shot all kinds of holes in what he had to say. He was back pedaling by the end of it.

0 Not allowed!

(Perhaps the biggest advantage would be deflating the special-teams balls, or “K-balls,” that the opponent uses, because obviously a deflated ball would not travel as far. But that would be harder to pull off.)
    Yes, it's clear the Patriots have risked sanctions and figured out exactly what pressure to use for each situation.

Taking special teams, for example, as referenced above, the Patriots averaged 36 yards over three punts. The Colts averaged 49.6 yards over five punts. The guy who intercepted the Brady pass felt it was under inflated. Ever consider that he got the interception because it was under inflated?

So, "Proof by Performance." Nothing happened in the game which demonstrated an advantage, and several things happened with demonstrated, if anything, a disadvantage.

On one end of Gillette Stadium is a lighthouse, the stadium’s signature architectural feature. But if you sit behind the opposite end zone and look at the lighthouse, you will notice something else: An enormous television beyond the lighthouse, in the parking lot.

Officially, this allows people in the parking lot to watch TV. Is it a coincidence that you can see that TV from the Patriots’ sideline, but not from the opposing sideline, making it easier for the Patriots to watch replays and decide whether to throw the challenge flag?
    That's all you got? How's that work for you on the road?

The guy on the other end of the headphones is probably Ernie Adams or someone else on the staff with access to both broadcast tv and the team's own video cameras. Like every other team, they review the play to decide if there is anything worthy of review, and give the head coach their opinion. But most of the information they are giving, again like every other team, has to do with the actions of the other team and any matchups or situations they can exploit. What an idiot.

But you never know about Belichick, growing up he had some very bad influences.....

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 01-20-15 at 02:12 PM.

I know. I know. I almost feel bad circulating the link because this crap doesn't even deserve the clicks and ad hits. This is sensationalist absurdity at its worst.
    On the other hand, it was just too laugh out loud funny not to share. I heard about the article on the radio this morning. Can't believe it was published by S friggin' I! Even if it just on the web.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Yeah, LaGarrette Blount needed an underiniflated ball to run through their defense the way Gray did earlier, and he did last year.....

I'm sure Elizabeth Warren will propose federal BPMS (Ball Pressure Monitoring Systems) be required on all new footballs.

0 Not allowed!
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by TLRMan View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add, I charge double for Kawasaki's

"My God, you're gonna have to cool me down, give me an ice block to shove in my pants or something".
    -Barbecue Lou

Wow, must be a Jets fan. What a moron.

The Brady Rule he describes is actually nick-named the "Carson Palmer Rule" because it was created for the 2007 season after the Steelers made a mess of Palmer's knee in 2006.

0 Not allowed!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

its actually quite sad

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

In the conditions during the game, you could have easily dropped a couple PSI in a ball as the temps dropped and they got wet. Where were the balls filled, inside, where it is 65+?? Bring them out to 40F, soak them with cold water, see what the pressure is then. Sheesh, what a bunch of jack wagons. What's next? Patriots re-do the turf with special material and only they have the right shoes to get traction?
    Actually, the lighthouse has infrared lasers which blinded the defensive line. That's why Blount had a special mask and all....

0 Not allowed!

If the footballs were set to the 12.5psi minimum at 72deg, and the outside temp dropped to 40deg, the pressure would drop to about 11.75psi. At 35deg, it would still be more than 11.5psi. I wonder if the difference between 11.5 and 12.5 is noticeable.

0 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    its actually quite sad
    Then this will make you cry.

Doyel: Deflating ball beneath most; but this is the Pats

0 Not allowed!

Aaron Rodgers is mediocre.

And a cheater

This is why the Pats lost to Green Bay!

0 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

NFL says New England Patriots had under-inflated footballs in AFC championship game - ESPN Boston

The NFL has found that 11 of 12 of the New England Patriots game balls were inflated significantly less than the NFL requires, league sources involved and familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC championship game told ESPN.

The investigation found the footballs were underinflated by 2 pounds per square inch of air less than what's required by NFL regulations
    Temperature changes can only accont for one PSI, max. It wasn't very cold.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 01-21-15 at 06:14 AM.

Well. Sports radio has figured out what to talk about for the next week and a half. Haven't they.

1 Not allowed!

And I'm sure they checked them inside where they were originally checked. So, that 2# down is something of an issue. People are going to always say "The Pats superbowl wins and titles should have an asterisk next to them...."

0 Not allowed!

Someone needs to be fired. 11 out of 12 is clearly a huge problem. That's 8.33% of the balls that were not properly tampered with.

6 Not allowed!
    Last edited by stoinkythepig; 01-21-15 at 08:11 AM.