Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Tom Brady is Mediocre!!!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: Tom Brady is Mediocre!!!

maybe this is why Brady can never consistently throw a tight spiral!

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by OreoGaborio; 01-25-15 at 12:02 PM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

I've been avoiding most of this thing since I think it's a bunch of bull. They absolutely crushed them in the 2nd half, which should make the whole argument pretty irrelevant, and obviously the 1.5-2psi doesn't matter too much.

I just watched the Tom Brady press conference, and one guy about 25 min in keeps mentioning "the weight of the ball". I wonder how many people think that the pressure the ball is inflated to actually affects the overall weight of the ball. Like it is actually heavier or lighter based on inflation.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    im over it. the whole thing is ridiculous.
    I agree.

The Real 'Deflategate' Scandal Is That Anyone Cares - TIME
    The NFL wants you to keep buying what it sells, and the easiest way to do that is to have a “controversy” that’s not really controversial at all. Instead of asking how many needles went into game balls, ask how many Toradol shots went into bodies before the game, and what price an extra two games a year would add. Instead of wondering what penalties the commissioner might impose, wonder why a man more concerned with PR than with actually doing the right thing has such broad and unchecked power. Instead of rehashing the talking points a “sports news” network incestuously intertwined with the sport it covers gives you, ask yourself why you care so much about something so incredibly minor.

The NFL has plenty of scandals. This is not one of them.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MHenry600 View Post
    I just watched the Tom Brady press conference, and one guy about 25 min in keeps mentioning "the weight of the ball". I wonder how many people think that the pressure the ball is inflated to actually affects the overall weight of the ball. Like it is actually heavier or lighter based on inflation.
    There are a lot of stupid people out there.

0 Not allowed!

Ex-ref: 'Deflategate' is 'a non-issue' | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Jim Daopoulos
    "This is a non-issue. If the official doesn't like the feel of the ball during the game, he'll throw it out."

Why hasn't the league so stated? "Because it's the Patriots."

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 01-23-15 at 10:58 AM.
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

2 Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

because fucking science!

0 Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 KTM 690SM /03 KTM 300EXC
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

1 Not allowed!

Gahbahhge

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

NFL just making publicity for better ratings to command more $$$ for advertising minutes

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

0 Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Rob Finnerty, KBAK, Bakersfield, CA.

1 Not allowed!

Bump

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the NFL network reported yesterday that only one of the balls was 2psi low, a few of them were 1psi low, and the rest were just a 'few ticks' below the limit.

I wonder if the one ball that was 2psi low was the one that D'Qwell Jackson intercepted then gave to the Colts' equipment staff. That would make for an interesting twist on the story.

0 Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

he just wanted to be in the in croud.

Tom Brady is Mediocre!!!-tom-air-pressure-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

0 Not allowed!

Brady is lawyered up and is fighting the NFL. I think it will get knocked back to two game suspension.

Have to wonder, what if the Patriots said, initially, "Hey we think we might have introduced some balls that were on the low side, it won't happen again." Aaron Rodgers admitted he liked higher pressures, another team was shown on tv heating the balls during the game, etc. No action taken against them because it was out on the open. Patriots said they were going to be open, then wouldn't let them interview McNally after they'd seen all the texts.

0 Not allowed!

This is a witch hunt. Turns out the Patriots do not float. Who knew.

NFL led with a 4 game suspension because they knew it would be fought. Bumped down to "just" 2 games is a massive victory for the league.

0 Not allowed!

Initially I believed they were guilty but saw it as nothing. My attitude was that it's no big deal considering what else is going on in the league. Frankly this rule is just another example of how out of control the Bureaucracy in the NFL has gotten and I'd be willing to bet Brady and every other team out there agree with me.

Then I read this The Wells Report in Context.

Now that I'm hearing the other side of the story it really is starting to look like a witch hunt. It seems the suggestion that the NFL is cherry picking facts may not be so ridiculous after all.

It takes a while, but if you're patient and read through it you'll see what I mean.

0 Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BSR6 View Post
    Initially I believed they were guilty but saw it as nothing. My attitude was that it's no big deal considering what else is going on in the league. Frankly this rule is just another example of how out of control the Bureaucracy in the NFL has gotten and I'd be willing to bet Brady and every other team out there agree with me.

Then I read this The Wells Report in Context.

Now that I'm hearing the other side of the story it really is starting to look like a witch hunt. It seems the suggestion that the NFL is cherry picking facts may not be so ridiculous after all.

It takes a while, but if you're patient and read through it you'll see what I mean.
    I was in the same camp as you, then I read a few articles (and now the Patriot's side of the story) that make it obvious that the science and facts in the Wells report clearly show that the balls in the AFCCG were NOT tampered with. If the balls were not tampered with, the rest of the investigation is pointless and the "deflator" text message (it's really the only thing that makes the Pats look suspicious) that was sent in May, 2014 is irrelevant. That said, as far as I know, there are no NFL game in May, so how was that text relevant anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by stoinkythepig; 05-14-15 at 04:17 PM.

Goodell is a classic micro-manager. He is all about rules and bureaucracy to make sure things are done precisely a certain way. Meanwhile, the way Belichick handles himself is way off from Goodell's ideal image. Being as particular as he is, I would imagine this irritates the shit out of Goodell. Making matters worse, Belichick's behavior is the kind that lives between the lines and is therefore very difficult to address which fuels the irritation even more.

I worked for a manager who shared the exact same leadership style as Goodell and she used to pull similar shit all the time. By similar I mean leveraging the letter of the law to pursue some hidden agenda which could be linked with her controlling tendencies. She was VERY particular and this personality characteristic not only led to a mountain of rules to maintain absolute control, it also led her to have some strong opinions about people which stretched beyond professional boundaries.

I'm not saying Goodell is framing the patriots, I'm implying that he is rushing to conclusions to obtain control over a team that irritates the shit out of him by not conforming to his ideal image.

Perhaps it's tough to understand for anyone who has never experienced it first-hand. To those who have it's crystal clear. This is about more than deflated footballs. It's about clashing ideologies between leaders.

0 Not allowed!

Got all pumped up after reading this article, figured I'd share

F Roger Goodell

MSN Sports

2 Not allowed!

I am not a pats fan. I'm a jealous bitter bengals fan that's been living in New England for over 20 years. In that 20 years the bengals have won zero playoff games while the pats have been; well eveyone here knows.

It safe to bet I hate the pats and love seeing bad things happen to them. Having said all that; this is the stupidest controversy I've ever seen in sports. Who the fuck cares. Even if they did let some air out of the balls it's a dumb rule. If he likes it soft let him have soft balls and over inflate Aaron's. Let the kickers have them the way they like them too.

They all have different face masks, shoulder pads, cleats and other equipment so it really doesn't matter.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by motoarch; 06-18-15 at 07:15 AM.