the right tool for the job....

I have this 72 Minit trail from honda that i was gonna make into a silly toy and have actually ended up restoring...

so i wanted to polish and shine the alumninum and other metal parts that werent chrome and i went to sears and got this basic polishing/buffing kit with some rope wheels and compounds and after an hour or two of fighting with this half assed kit i was almost ready to pay for chrome plating to avoid the hastle, but instead i checked out Caswell. com and their buffing supplies... HOLY SHIT what a difference the right wheels and compounds makes on a buffing machine!!!! I got the stuff tonight and in two hours half the stuff on teh Z50 is ready for finishing polish!!! Nice and shiny. i am sure many more hours are in store for this endeavour, but buffing aint so bad... when you have the right tools!
    i am thinking of shining up all kinds of stuff on the falco and RF now that its this easy with the right stuff.

0 Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Well what the fuck did ya get? I wanna know.

OK.......Please

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F

buffing easy buffed at wallace silver

for 6 years bad dirty job is all

0 Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

dirty is definitely a good description. but its cool when the results are a nice shiny triple tree cover and the likes...

anyways, i got a buffing machine... it's an overgrown bench grinder without any guards and it has the arbor to put on all the wheels... of which i now have a coupla sisal wheels, a coupla finger buffs, a scothbrite type wheel, and some rope wheels, all matched with the appropriate buffing compounds... emery, tripoli and the magical white compound for steel and chrome. lots of variables in the set up, putting the right wheel with the right compound at the right time makes all the difference in the world. now i have shiny brake housings, triple tree cover, handlebar mounts, shock housings, etc.., etc... ....

the only thing its not working so well on are the chrome handlebars.. the pits in there are pretty deep, i might have to enlist professional help with them.

0 Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

get your self rag wheels & the white coton 1s

use the scotch brite 2 cut the real bad stuff or emery cloth tripoly for the next step w/ rag wheels they got gray shit for aloy shit works good the tripoly brown stuff will do the same job but use care that shit cuts fast & use green or white stuff on a soft coton wheel for your last step then put some wax on buff with soft cloth & your set

0 Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

p.s. chrome sux only thing u can do is rechrome

um ther r places that can do dat for u aint that much $$$ i dont think

0 Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules