Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tow Vehicle Questions

Re: Tow Vehicle Questions

Smutty do you plan on ever towing a trailer? Just a matter of time before a van is way too small for all the crap you're going to accumulate. Trust me I was in your shoes about 3 yrs ago. More than likely you'll end up with at least a 14' trailer down the road. Gasser will pull that ok but will tach out on inclines and NH mountains, especially if you get a bigger trailer later. The gas motors are basically like ur R6 - ZERO torque. They're fine til you hit the hills of NH... I went from a 5.4 to a 10 cyl thinking it would have more torque. Nope, just burned more gas. Got the diesel and wish I had skipped the gassers in the beginning. Soo worth the extra $ when ur cruising down the highway at 75ish and the diesel's just yawning...
    BTW, nice job in MWSS you bastid...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS #387

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    So I just got back from putting a deposit on a Van. Ended up it was a small little garage and it was on consignment for a good friend and mechanic of the dealers. This means no dealer cut and no fees as it is now a private sale. Got it for $8700 with mirror extenders and a set of snows mounted on rims. It was listed for $10,600. Has 89k on it./.
    Newer diesel?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If stupidity got us into this mess, why canít it get us out?
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Smutty do you plan on ever towing a trailer? Just a matter of time before a van is way too small for all the crap you're going to accumulate. Trust me I was in your shoes about 3 yrs ago. More than likely you'll end up with at least a 14' trailer down the road. Gasser will pull that ok but will tach out on inclines and NH mountains, especially if you get a bigger trailer later. The gas motors are basically like ur R6 - ZERO torque. They're fine til you hit the hills of NH... I went from a 5.4 to a 10 cyl thinking it would have more torque. Nope, just burned more gas. Got the diesel and wish I had skipped the gassers in the beginning. Soo worth the extra $ when ur cruising down the highway at 75ish and the diesel's just yawning...
    BTW, nice job in MWSS you bastid...
    Haha thanks man. Yeah I have a 6x12 that I will tow with this. The van will be fox extra storage/more bikes if I go to a track thats a ways away. That way I can fit bikes and people to go there and split gas with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Newer diesel?
    Its an 01 7.3 td.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

dude!

that looks awesome!!

when I was thinking of van, I pictured a white, beat up, plumber's van with steel wheels and a ladder rack

that thing even has good looking rims! and tint!!

you're going to love it...I especially hated my truck when I had to leave the bike in it, parked on the street overnight. I was afraid the bike was going to be gone when I came out the next morning...

and also checkout thumpertalk's toy hauler section...many people have done some pretty trick things to vans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123