Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011122242 ... LastLast

Tractors - Educate me

Re: Tractors - Educate me

Take a good look at the kioti's. They are an excellent tractor, and many times have more standard features, more weight, and better "all metal" construction. I bought an lk3054, and I love it. The new ck series are sweet, but I needed to keep in a lower price range.

Kiotis are made in south Korea, and they make ALL parts of the tractor, including the motors. I like that. I feel like although Deere and kubota are still great tractors, they have declined a little in quality, outsourced more parts, and use more plastic now. Kioti is gaining a good reputation, and are outclassing other brands to do so.

1 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

one if my friends has a Kioti, he's happy with it as a backhoe/loader, but wished he'd spent the cake for a JD when he's snowblowing backward doesn't have quite enuf gpm on the hydraulic pump to use a front mounted hydraulic snowblower

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    one if my friends has a Kioti, he's happy with it as a backhoe/loader, but wished he'd spent the cake for a JD when he's snowblowing backward doesn't have quite enuf gpm on the hydraulic pump to use a front mounted hydraulic snowblower
    That's really easy to fix, he can just add a PTO hydraulic pump and plumb it into the hydraulic reservoir on the tractor. The pumps are not terribly expensive, see: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...9700_200329700. I bet it would make the backhoe operate much faster too...

0 Not allowed!

Don't see a use for the PTO in the forseeable future.

Not to stray off topic but at what point does the diameter of the hydraulic lines become an issue? A higher-volume pump can be added all day long but when and how are the limitations the line able to be identified?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 04-03-12 at 05:34 PM.

I Guess it depends on what models you're comparing...mine actually exceeded JD's hydro capacity comparatively. JD makes a great tractor, don't get me wrong, but kioti's give a better value as an up and coming brand that will be more prominent in the future imho.

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Don't see a use for the PTO in the forseeable future.

Not to stray off topic but at what point does the diameter of the hydraulic lines become an issue? A higher-volume pump can be added all day long but when and how are the limitations the line able to be identified?
    I can't find my handbook of standard engineering calculations right now, but there are indeed limits. IIRC, the hose diameter, pressure, length, number of elbows, and viscosity (and maybe temperature, but that might just be because temperature affects viscosity) all play a role in the working capacity of a hose used to move fluids. I'm sure there's a simplified tractor hydraulics table somewhere that says for use hose size X for GPM Y though, since the hose length is pretty limited, the viscosity is standard, and the pressure variation is probably well understood.

0 Not allowed!

Still looking for the perfect set up.

A friend loaned me his B2400 for the last few months and I am certain I want more than that with regards to available hydraulic power.

I have been searching since this thread went up and recently found a Kubota B20 TLB with a bit over 900hrs. Seller is looking for 10.9
    Everything I have read so far with regards to the B20 is positive however my concern is that power is sub-20hp.

Am I at the point where I need to adjust my price/ expectations? Any insight from the forum?

I feel like I am still fumbling around for knowledge when it comes to these things.

0 Not allowed!

FWIW-we've been looking into a Cub Cadet as well. Word is they're built by Yanmar which also manu's JD. The smaller Cadets have a lot of big-machine features that most smaller machine don't have. Double-pumps, arched shovel arms, high-flows, etc...

We've just started REALLY looking into 'em, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I plan on renting a JD 110 for a weekend this fall, prolly late October/early November just before ground freezes, some yard & garden work, stack some rock retaining walls, possibly dragging sawlogs, to make full use, I'm gonna need help with some things, to keep from jumping on and off to chain shit, etc A chance to try it out if anyone wants to come over and help, I'll post more later as time gets closer

JD 110 I have rented in past had thumb, I like features like shuttle control, makes it easy to move the machine when your at the backhoe controls, also like the ability to use Cat style controls that I am more used to over JD style

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 09-08-13 at 12:23 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    FWIW-we've been looking into a Cub Cadet as well. Word is they're built by Yanmar which also manu's JD. The smaller Cadets have a lot of big-machine features that most smaller machine don't have. Double-pumps, arched shovel arms, high-flows, etc...

We've just started REALLY looking into 'em, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too...
    A guy I work with just picked one up (2011 I think) and he's really happy with it so far. I think it's about 27 HP, and he said the flow on the pumps compares to what you would get on a Kubota that size. He's using it for the bucket and a 60" snow blower, has a mower deck but doesn't use that.

0 Not allowed!

I plan on renting a JD 110 for a weekend this fall, prolly late October/early November just before ground freezes, some yard & garden work, stack some rock retaining walls, possibly dragging sawlogs, to make full use, I'm gonna need help with some things, to keep from jumping on and off to chain shit, etc A chance to try it out if anyone wants to come over and help, I'll post more later as time gets closer

JD 110 I have rented in past had thumb, I like features like shuttle control, makes it easy to move the machine when your at the backhoe controls, also like the ability to use Cat style controls that I am more used to over JD style
    In!

0 Not allowed!

Jay - Post up what you are finding out for info. I think I have been concentrating too much on Kubota and not allowing myself to be open to other considerations such as Cub Cadet.

Randy - I'd also be interested in lending a helping hand.

0 Not allowed!

I've heard good things about the Kioti lineup.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Jay - Post up what you are finding out for info. I think I have been concentrating too much on Kubota and not allowing myself to be open to other considerations such as Cub Cadet.

Randy - I'd also be interested in lending a helping hand.
    There's a Cadet dealer on route 4 in Chichester. Pop in over there and let them talk your ear off. They'll tell you more than I could possibly remember. Great guy over there, and the gal that works for him really knows her shit. Very low-key, no pressure type people...

0 Not allowed!

Might have to stop in there since I drive by there on a somewhat regular basis.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed!

There are always deals to be had at local fairs when it comes to tractors and the Deerfield Fair is coming up shortly. You can check out all the brands at once (New Holland, Kioti, Kubota, JD, Massey, Yanmar, etc) and usually get great financing options.

Lots of times they have used tractors available too. They tend to get sold quickly so it's worth going on the first day.

1 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

There's some CRAZY financing on brandy-new stuff right now. And there seems to be a pretty hearty market for used ones. That is, I've yet to find a good deal on anything used...

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    There's some CRAZY financing on brandy-new stuff right now. And there seems to be a pretty hearty market for used ones. That is, I've yet to find a good deal on anything used...
    When I bought my Kubota new in 2008, that was my problem! The used market was/is very high, and new offered some great financing..mine was even 0% back in 08, but a shorter term than current offers.

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    The Bobcat type machine seems to have less uses and is a bit more of a pain in the ass IMO.

Bobcat makes tractors as well as skidsteer machines

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

This one:

http://www.wimp.com/turbotractor/

Crazy Swedes...

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

update on tractor rental, no one has JD 110s any more, don't want to rent anything smaller.

I have to check my sources for a larger machine, maybe a JD310 or similar size or rent 2 machines a mini excavator (Bobcat E35) and skid steer loader

I will prolly go the 2 machine route but would be nice to know if I have willing operators that work for beer and don't mind moving a truckload of cow shit

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Just priced out a B2920 Kubota, on special right now for $16,500 out the door with a FEL at 0% financing for 60 months.

Question is, do I really want a front mounted blower? It can run it off the mid PTO, but then I'd lose all use of the bucket until winter is over. I kinda like the idea of having the snowblower on the back for the majority of the work, then be able to do some pushing in the woods and haul wood with the FEL still on there. I live in a place where I end up pushing a lot of snow for neighbors and on the road where I wouldn't want to put my snowblower in jeopardy from unknown things in snow banks.....

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

Question is, do I really want a front mounted blower?snip]

I kinda like the idea of having the snowblower on the back for the majority of the work,...
    friend of mine has a Massey with rear PTO snowblower, he hates it, hes got a long driveway (1000ft) backing up al the time

swaping front impliments shouldn't taker more than a few minutes

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

My neighbor has a PowerTrac. Pretty neat concept. Not as big as a tractor and his is gasoline, but not nearly the cost of a full tractor. Everything connects to the front and run on hydraulics like skid steer attachments. He can drop an attachment and grab another and have it hooked up in about 5 minutes. I was thinking about one to eventually replace my lawn mower.

0 Not allowed!

Talk about going full circle! After doing all this research since the thread went up, it all ends up coming back to Kubota and Deere as the primary choices.

Trying to strike a deal on a B7510 at the moment. The price is outside of my budget but it's "the one"...TLB w/ thumb, ~400 hrs, R-3 tires, HST. Been talking with the owner since last week and it's going to be a challenge to get him to come down on the price a bit but thankfully he has other machines....like a B2150 HST. He is looking for a hoe for that machine and hopefully within the next week or so I will be posting pics of my new (to me) tractor!!

1 Not allowed!