Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142444 ... LastLast

Tractors - Educate me

Re: Tractors - Educate me

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'm pricing out a 3016 and Max28XL from Mahindra right now from my local dealer. I'll let you know the results.//
    The Mahindra dealer in Warner said the price difference for the two models was about $4,000. But he does not have a 3016 HST in stock. The other dealer in NH is Chappell in Brentwood: their Milford dealership sells Kubota.

One thing I learned is that the 26XL (Tier 4 model - essentially the same as 28XL) has two speed hydro only, versus three speed on the 3016.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-11-14 at 12:16 PM.

Pics of what is being accomplished with 21hp:

My 80lb doggie next to a rock that was excavated with the backhoe

Tractors - Educate me-img_20140810_143732387-1-jpg

The first half of the project before I realized I could move those stairs

Tractors - Educate me-img_20140519_173810_433-jpg

Just about wrapped up but everything that's sand was dug up at some point

Tractors - Educate me-img_20140810_191704321-1-jpg

0 Not allowed!

I wish most of my rocks where that small.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

My Kubota 2620 continues to impress me. Only thing I don't like about it is is it's really to small for most projects I want to to..not in a power way, but more so capacity.
    I live on a pretty rocky lot for this area, and once you get the hang of it, you can easily move (not pick it up) a rock that weighs more than the machine itself.
    I've been steadily working on a small track in the backyard, I sometimes laugh to myself that I can move such large stones. If they are to big to get out of the hole, I dig a hole next to them and roll them in.

This is one of the rocks I pulled out last week, the backhoe bucket is 16" for comparison..so you can see that rock is 4' easily around, flat on one side and probably 16" thick.

Tractors - Educate me-rock-jpg

I've actually thought about selling it to buy a bigger machine, if one of you clowns is interested. It's an 08 B2620 (26 hp), loader/backhoe, 4x4, 3spd hydro, about 190 hours on it, I bought it new, so all my hours. Been told they sell for $16k-$18k in the condition mine is in, but mine has much lower hours

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

I'm interested. PM me specifics if you want to get serious about moving it. I'm in no rush so take your time.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

I wish most of my rocks where that small.
    That was a practice run. The ones I pulled up at my moms's house were another story....roughly twice the size of what's pictured above. Definitely taxed my machine.

...and Mark! WTH man! Where were you 9 months ago?! Would bought that in a heartbeat!!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    There are always deals to be had at local fairs when it comes to tractors and the Deerfield Fair is coming up shortly. You can check out all the brands at once (New Holland, Kioti, Kubota, JD, Massey, Yanmar, etc) and usually get great financing options.

Lots of times they have used tractors available too. They tend to get sold quickly so it's worth going on the first day.
    Great advice, thanks.

Dates this year September 25, 26, 27 & 28 2014.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-11-14 at 03:02 PM.

I'm interested. PM me specifics if you want to get serious about moving it. I'm in no rush so take your time.
    I will, give me a bit to find exactly what options I ended up with, was quite a few add ons over standard, mechanical thumb, roof, oversized backhoe bucket, etc

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    ...and Mark! WTH man! Where were you 9 months ago?! Would bought that in a heartbeat!!
    I just started tossing the idea around about a month ago...I should have decided to build an MX track last year then...haha

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Priced out a Mahindra 3616 HST with loader and backhoe versus a Kubota L3800 (which Mahindra uses for comparison.The Kubota on their website is $31,308 - haven't spoken to a dealer yet. The Mahindra is $29,518. Not sure if Kubota has any promotional pricing or financing: Mahindra has both.

A couple people I know have Kubotas and it seems a lot of their accessories fit a wide range of models. They've offered to swap accessories as they have stuff like post hole diggers. I''d like to sell my WRX first so no rush.

0 Not allowed!

I am Dead now

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Priced out a Mahindra 3616 HST with loader and backhoe versus a Kubota L3800 (which Mahindra uses for comparison.The Kubota on their website is $31,308 - haven't spoken to a dealer yet. The Mahindra is $29,518. Not sure if Kubota has any promotional pricing or financing: Mahindra has both.

A couple people I know have Kubotas and it seems a lot of their accessories fit a wide range of models. They've offered to swap accessories as they have stuff like post hole diggers. I''d like to sell my WRX first so no rush.
    I would go with the Kubota, I rented one for 3 days, a TLB 45 with all the bells & whistles. It has more break-out power on the 11 foot backhoe than the competition's does. I researched tractors for two years as I was contemplating buying one. Kubota makes the best machine, JD & the others are just plain problems.

Your biggest concern is how close is the servicing dealer?

My 3 days with that Kubota @ 18 hours a day where bliss! Although it beat the crap out of me, with all of the jerking around with the backhoe, I didn't have any problem going to sleep at night.

Also, this model has a 12 gallon tank, I added 3 gallons to it & finished the job with fuel left over. It sips the fuel!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ptk-napalm View Post
    I would go with the Kubota, I rented one for 3 days, a TLB 45 with all the bells & whistles. It has more break-out power on the 11 foot backhoe than the competition's does. I researched tractors for two years as I was contemplating buying one. Kubota makes the best machine, JD & the others are just plain problems.

Your biggest concern is how close is the servicing dealer?

My 3 days with that Kubota @ 18 hours a day where bliss! Although it beat the crap out of me, with all of the jerking around with the backhoe, I didn't have any problem going to sleep at night.

Also, this model has a 12 gallon tank, I added 3 gallons to it & finished the job with fuel left over. It sips the fuel!
    That TLB 45 is likely another $10k+ on top of what he was looking for. Way overkill. I agree Kubota makes nice machines, but lately they have been rather outclassed by the new players to the US market.

If you liked that 45TLB, try using a full sized excavator with hydraulic thumb, you'll buy that instead!

Back to planet Earth:

Got a local quote of $25,200 for the Mahindra 3016 with FEL and backhoe. Specs on the hoe and loader are very impressive. Have to get a Kioti DS40 to get into those kinda numbers, but the price is also pretty high. They didn't have any Max28XL's left so they didn't bother quoting me out for one.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

I am Dead now

You are correct, the money is more than the other machines. But, the OP needs to look at the specs on all machines he is considering to buy. This is what put me into Kubota, & yes a full sized machine with the hydraulic thumb would be the cat's meow! You can get a hydraulic thumb added to the backhoe of the Kubota, but I wouldn't get it from them as they are too expensive & can be installed cheaper by others in the market.

Breakout force & lifting capacities are the top of the list, then you come down to, HST/Geared geared is faster if you want to traverse down the road, HST is like 13 MPH tops, & geared will do 27 MPH.

It all boils down to what do you want to do with this thing & how much can you afford.

I wanted to enter into business for my self, theen realized I was at the limit to tow what I wanted to buy to service & work for customers & needed a more robust truck. I decided, the costs were more than I could afford!

Thanks for your reply, although I am not thin skinned. I didn't expect on this forum that I would get a comment from you stating "Back to planet Earth" I really felt that did not add to the conversation & was not called for on this forum.

That TLB 45 is likely another $10k+ on top of what he was looking for. Way overkill. I agree Kubota makes nice machines, but lately they have been rather outclassed by the new players to the US market.

If you liked that 45TLB, try using a full sized excavator with hydraulic thumb, you'll buy that instead!

Back to planet Earth:

Got a local quote of $25,200 for the Mahindra 3016 with FEL and backhoe. Specs on the hoe and loader are very impressive. Have to get a Kioti DS40 to get into those kinda numbers, but the price is also pretty high. They didn't have any Max28XL's left so they didn't bother quoting me out for one.

0 Not allowed!

But, the OP needs to look at the specs on all machines he is considering to buy.
    Uh...bud? OP bought a machine months ago...

0 Not allowed!

I am not thin skinned. ......... I really felt that did not add to the conversation & was not called for on this forum.
    Um sorry. Would you like your money back?

Lets get back to your point. Breakout force and lifting capacities. Compare the similarly priced Kubota/Kioti/Mahinda/LS machines and you'll see that Kubota is the Ducati of the CUT market. Might be nice, but doesn't have the performance numbers to back up the increase in price.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 08-13-14 at 03:37 PM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

Lets get back to your point. Breakout force and lifting capacities. Compare the similarly priced Kubota/Kioti/Mahinda/LS machines and you'll see that Kubota is the Ducati of the CUT market. Might be nice, but doesn't have the performance numbers to back up the increase in price.
    So just like toyota in the auto market?
    Another similarity to toyota, when you go to sell it, the kubota will hold it's resale value, while the others will leave you with empty pockets when it comes time to sell. I know someone who buys and sells tractors and he doesn't touch the off brands simply because they don't sell

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Back to planet Earth:

3016 HST, or shuttle?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    I know someone who buys and sells tractors and he doesn't touch the off brands simply because they don't sell
    Mahindra is the largest selling tractor brand in the world and has been since 2010.

Retail sales of tractors grew 30% year-over-year for Mahindra USA in fiscal year 2013, according to the manufacturer. That represents the company’s highest retail sales to date.

Tractors from Mahindra, which is based in India and entered the U.S. market in 1994, range from 22 hp to 100 hp and are targeted at farms of varying sizes. The company ranked No. 2 for overall satisfaction in the 2013 North American Equipment Dealers Association Annual Dealer/Manufacturer Relations Survey. It ranked as the No. 3 tractor manufacturer in the U.S. for machines under 80 hp.
    Kubota essentially invented the compact 4wd diesel market so many more are available used. People unfamiliar with the market seem to think Kioti, Mahindra and even Yanmar are "off" brands. Their new prices and resale value are comparable. There are some Chinese brands that aren't selling, and it's unclear how the TYM-made tractors being sold by Cabelas.

MSRP-wise, the price difference between Kibota and Mahindra is about a grand on a $30K tractor. With the zero percent 60 month financing programs they offer, that's $14 a month.

The biggest advantage I've found with Kubota is that I have two friends with a bunch of implements, like post-hole diggers, brush hogs and rear rakes. So there is the possibility of sharing.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-13-14 at 08:43 PM.

Mahindra is the largest selling tractor brand in the world.
    Their new prices and resale value are comparable.
    You can believe what you like, I'm not saying this based on something I read on the internet, I'm basing it on first hand information. I'm talking used resale value, not to be confused with new sale prices

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

3016 HST, or shuttle?
    HST

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

Used, Kubota and Deere hold their value more than any other brand.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

The biggest advantage I've found with Kubota is that I have two friends with a bunch of implements, like post-hole diggers, brush hogs and rear rakes. So there is the possibility of sharing.
    most implements are interchangeable regardless of brand

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Yeah, as long as they are all Cat 1 implements, they will work on anything.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

The salesman from MB Tractors [Kubota] in Tilton got back to me this morning. He took the time to ask a lot of questions about what I needed to do. He is going to quote me a B series and an L3200. After walking the property I called him back and had him add a thumb to the backhoe, and a brush hog. There is less tree clearing and more brush clearing than I expected, and it looks like a perimeter drain should be part of the plan as well.

L3200HST with loaded ag tires, 60" quick detach bucket, BH77 backhoe with thumb is about $28,500. A 60" Land Pride brush cutter is roughly $1,900. Extended warranty for the machine and equipment included.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-16-14 at 12:47 AM.

Update to the Mahindra 3016 quote I got which was $25,200 with QA FEL Bucket, Backhoe and loaded tires, add $400 for thumb. Take a grand off that for cash, or price sits as quoted for 3.99% for up to 84 months.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR

I thought you were looking at a used Kubota? As I understood it, you got a mult-implement discount for cash or 3.99, no discount if you went for their 0 percent deal.

BTW the salesman offered this decision gate: if you want a front-mount snow thrower, stick with the larger B series, otherwise go the the heavier L. I can see how that would be handy as this driveway is 200 yards long, but you would lose the use of the FEL. Decisions, decisions.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 08-16-14 at 06:45 AM.