Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 254555565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1734

Tractors - Educate me

Re: Tractors - Educate me

I think the Kubotas all have split brakes, except the little BX.

The grapples look badass. But that price tag!!
    Found this "add-a-grapple" alternative recently. Seems like something worth reading up on. They fit them to forks too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Do you know those hydro buckets with build in rakes? Do they make them for these tractors or they are only for skid steers?]
    Haven’t seen one in the RW. The other accessory that’s similar is the Piranha toothed bar, which fits on the front of a bucket. It does not have teeth on the underside like the Ratchet Rake. I’d like to try one next to the Ratchet Rake.

https://www.bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar

Last edited by Garandman; 07-02-20 at 07:20 AM.
    If stupidity got us into this mess, why canít it get us out?
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    The grapples look badass. But that price tag!!
    Found this "add-a-grapple" alternative recently. Seems like something worth reading up on. They fit them to forks too.
    Don't forget you'll also need a 3rd SCV or a diverter valve. There are some electronic grapple options too.

I'll be ordering a grapple in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by db79 View Post
    Don't forget you'll also need a 3rd SCV or a diverter valve. There are some electronic grapple options too.

I'll be ordering a grapple in the fall.
    i max out and get as many rear hyd valves as will fit.

i prefer to make my own grapple solenoid assembly.

i tee off the curl and hit a button when i want to switch to grapple mode

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    jim

"Molon labe"

Do you know those hydro buckets with build in rakes? Do they make them for these tractors or they are only for skid steers?
    Attachment 52850
    That pic looks to me like it's a harley rake. I've only seen PTO versions for tractors and they are all huge money regardless of application.

This is a comparison of the L3200 we have with a Kioti CK10 by a Kioti dealer. The L2501 is a much better deal than the L3301 he talks about as it is simply detuned to stay under 25hp+ emissions requirements. The L3200 went off the market in 2014.

- Having a tractor with SSQD is the #1 piece of advice I got and would not buy one without it.
    - In terms of seating, you just have to try it for yourself. Some people prefer the treadle, some don't. To me it's immaterial.
    - The Kubota loader control is near the wheel. Kioti near the seat. Your preference.
    - The toolbox is standard on the Kubota but is plastic. I ripped the top off in the woods and replaced with a 50 cal ammo can.
    - The one thing he did not do is start them up. Kiotis have a reputation for being loud. You wear hearing protection so YMMV.
    - The Kioti tank is a little easier to fill but a little smaller (9 vs 10). Mine uses roughly three quarts per hour so you're only refilling every 10-12 hours.

When I was buying, one Kioti owner friend was happy but the dealer was not convenient. Mahindra (most convenient dealer location in Warner, NH) was out of stock because this was during the transition to Tier IV emissions. Deere was not competitive in this size on several fronts. The L3200 we bought was a leftover 2013 without the Tier IV emissions, and was thousands less than the new models. MB Tractor bought 12 of them and sold the last one right after mine.

I've been back to the dealer once to buy supplies for the first service. So dealer location doesn't seem so important. There's a neighbor with a mobile tractor service business so we'll have him do the major maintenance.

Manufacturers play games with specs. When in doubt there's TractorData.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...tachments.html

Last edited by Garandman; 07-03-20 at 07:06 AM.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    - Having a tractor with SSQD is the #1 piece of advice I got and would not buy one without it.
    I didn't want anything proprietary. All flavors of the CK comes with the SSQA standard.

- In terms of seating, you just have to try it for yourself. Some people prefer the treadle, some don't. To me it's immaterial.
    I was fine either way. Since my model has cruise control, I like the extra space for my feet with the Kioti dual pedal setup.

- The Kubota loader control is near the wheel. Kioti near the seat. Your preference.
    I like how the lever stays with the loader when you remove it on the Kubota. I'm not planning on getting a front mount blower so I don't know how often I'll be removing the loader from mine.

- The toolbox is standard on the Kubota but is plastic. I ripped the top off in the woods and replaced with a 50 cal ammo can.
    The toolbox is standard on the SE model I bought. They mount it up on the ROPS. I'm not sure how I feel about it and the fact that I'm even thinking about it means I'll likely relocate it somewhere.

- The one thing he did not do is start them up. Kiotis have a reputation for being loud. You wear hearing protection so YMMV.
    The Kubotas definitely sound smoother and the Kiotis sound like there are marbles bouncing around in the oil pan. It's rare that I'm not wearing ear protection so it doesn't bother me.

- The Kioti tank is a little easier to fill but a little smaller (9 vs 10). Mine uses roughly three quarts per hour so you're only refilling every 10-12 hours.
    This one is a push for me. I grew up filling tractors through the hood. I've never had one with a tank behind the seat.

Manufacturers play games with specs. When in doubt there's TractorData.
    Until you posted that, I didn't realize that the CK26 used to come with a 1200lbs loader with the CK35 and CK40 getting the 1800lbs model. It appears all CK flavors come with the 1800lbs loader now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

I feel like people bag on the Deere bucket quick connect too much. It seems perfect for smaller homeowner tractors. Everything I have looked for is available in ssqa and the Deere setup for the same price. The Deere system seems like it has a smaller weight penalty. Considering none of these will lift a ton that seems like it would have value.

I haven't got serious enough to ask for quotes. But everyone says Deere is not price competitive. That would kill it for me. Not the quick connect gizmo.

No friends with a truck and trailer? Excuses excuses......

2012 Tiger 800 XC

He's got a truck and trailer like 35 minutes from him.

Is that a good deal for a 14 year old machine? I get it’s the 29hp model but still seems high for price.

Is that a good deal for a 14 year old machine? I get it’s the 29hp model but still seems high for price.
    The value reflects the hour meter being at only 190 hours.

TIMMYDUCK

only 190 hours, forget the age, it's not a car or truck

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    No friends with a truck and trailer? Excuses excuses......
    No friends. No time either.

I thought the price was okay. But I'll be the first to admit I don't know these things and could be wrong. Comes with a mower deck. Loader and hoe. With thumb! Maybe more. There is a chipper and a back blade in the phots.

Seriously though. I am in no position. Maybe someone here is.

That’s a decent deal.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    The value reflects the hour meter being at only 190 hours.
    I honestly missed that completely

Wandered into the Kioti store in Hampton. Unfortunately (fortunately) they were not open on Sunday. From the street it only looks like they have sub-compacts, but in fact one of them was a CX. Standing next to it the machine is just right sized. Seems the same size as the Deere 1025R to me. Everything looked nice.. except the gearbox. Only 2-ranges. Kubota has 3. I also gather the manual option for the CX is a regular H-pattern, like the Kubota B-series. Not interested in that. As has been said, I doubt dealers stock those anyway. Without talking price, no real compelling reason to walk past the Kubotas. There is so little info around on this CX tractor.

Mahindra offers the Max 26 in a 8x8 shuttle shift. I'd like to see that in person.

Looks like all the manufacturers have extended their 0% incentive offers again.

You want a hydro.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Wandered into the Kioti store in Hampton. Unfortunately (fortunately) they were not open on Sunday. From the street it only looks like they have sub-compacts, but in fact one of them was a CX. Standing next to it the machine is just right sized. Seems the same size as the Deere 1025R to me. Everything looked nice.. except the gearbox. Only 2-ranges. Kubota has 3. I also gather the manual option for the CX is a regular H-pattern, like the Kubota B-series. Not interested in that. As has been said, I doubt dealers stock those anyway. Without talking price, no real compelling reason to walk past the Kubotas. There is so little info around on this CX tractor.

Mahindra offers the Max 26 in a 8x8 shuttle shift. I'd like to see that in person.

Looks like all the manufacturers have extended their 0% incentive offers again.
    I've been digging into it more and it appears the CX is an evolution of the CK2510 which was the smaller framed model of that series (The current CK models are larger framed). The PTO is now independent instead of live/transmission and the HST model switched to a dual pedal setup. With a top speed of 10.something mph, I wouldn't be concerned over a 2 speed transaxle on the HST. It's not uncommon for tractors in that category. The CX appears to have the same hydraulic pump as the CK which offers quite a bit of flow for a tractor in that class. It also appears to be heavier than just about everything else in that size category which may be great for most tractor activities unless you intend to use a belly mower with it where you want less weight on your grass.

I'm not sure why you seem so put off by HST. It's pretty much ideal for the compact and smaller tractors unless you have a very specific use case that justifies something else.

Nothing to exciting .

Just cleaning up some rocks that were bothering her in the back field.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractors - Educate me-img_6311-jpg  

TIMMYDUCK

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    Nothing to exciting .

Just cleaning up some rocks that were bothering her in the back field.
    my property is good for growing rocks too

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    I'm not sure why you seem so put off by HST. It's pretty much ideal for the compact and smaller tractors unless you have a very specific use case that justifies something else.
    Not put off. Simply wondering what the other options are. Gary mentioned a gazillion pages back that he bought a shuttle mahindra. Left me thinking is all.
    Seems like a reasonable way to save a couple grand, get a bit more power out of a smaller machine. I am kind of surprised to hear they aren't at all popular. I guess if you are signing a loan that big what's another couple $k?!

I thought most bigger than sub-compact had 3-ranges. I'd heard that they were ideal for L => loader work, M => mowing, H => transport.
    There was a chart on a sticker on the CX today that said that it topped out at like 10 or 12 MPH in high going forward and 8 in reverse. I have no idea if that is annoyingly slow or not. I guess for something that stays in the yard.. Right up there with hazard lights and blinkers... why?!

I've about sworn off the idea of mowing with such a thing. My yard isn't big enough to justify a ~60" mower. I think I'd just want to do landscaping and move snow, firewood, pellets and such. Hardly worth tens of thousands.

A couple years ago my uncle bought a tractor. I don't get down their way much anymore and haven't seen it. Talked to him the other day. It is a 50 HP New Holland "boomer" with a cab. He uses it to move snow and push rock walls around. His retirement gift to himself. Kind of awesome.

My lawn tractor goes around 5-6 mph which is a decent clip around the yard. 10-12 should be plenty fast if you aren't running up the street any significant distance. It sounds like they removed the high range from the CK transaxle since they top out around 15-16 mph.

I have 2 ideas on why the HST dominates in the compact and smaller tractor market. The first is fewer people being comfortable with a clutch let alone one with a gear selector, an unsynchronized range selector, and a shuttle. The second would be the reduced efficiency of direction changes. CUTs and SCUTs big advantage over larger tractors is their maneuverability and HST undoubtedly improves that characteristic.

The L3200 goes 14mph on level ground in H range. Literally only use it from one end of the driveway to the other.

While many TBN threads mention three range HST as an advantage, in the size of properties and terrain we have in New England it doesn’t really matter. In H range the L3200 can’t maintain that speed up the modest hills at the ends of our driveway unloaded. These things have no suspension: 14 is unpleasant.

We use M most of the time. L for plowing, pulling, and mud.

Will Rogers