Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3959697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 1994

Tractors - Educate me

Re: Tractors - Educate me

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

i thought you got these last year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

I put the box blade to work over the weekend to good effect. More than half the dirt I ordered is dumped behind the rock piles at the far end of the yard so I can navigate down there without falling into any of the craters I've left behind. The other half is in the smoothed out area you can readily see. The box blade did most of the large volume material movement which I then smoothed out by back dragging. I then ran it over a bunch of times to try and compact it down. I still need more fill and I have another triaxle on order but I'm off to a good start and there's light at the end of the tunnel for this project (at least for the back yard).
    Tractors - Educate me-box_blade_work-jpg

I also tried out my tractor cover. At 40lbs, it's a little unwieldy to put on by yourself, but I managed. I think if I plan ahead and fold it up properly, I could make my life much easier in the future.
    Tractors - Educate me-tractor_cocoon-jpg

Tractors - Educate me-box_blade_work-jpg Tractors - Educate me-tractor_cocoon-jpg

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

That looks great!

You going to cover the backhoe? I need to figure something out. I did get the bright idea to get it up on some PT 4x4 scraps out of contact with the ground. Now I'm having trouble with the bucket filling with water and freezing.

I'll set the backhoe on wood when I'm done with it for the season. Right now it's off temporarily as I needed the 3 point hitch for other duties. I'll most likely cover it with a cheap tarp when the time comes.

Also, the little snow storm that blew through this morning with some crazy winds didn't even budge the tractor cover despite it not being tied down.

Last edited by ZX-12R; 11-02-20 at 02:46 PM.

Harbor freight has the heavy duty tarps on sale. Many options and very good quality.

Well, I am impressed with R2 Mfg. Ordered the Edge Tamers on a Friday, had them inhand by Tuesday.

The items are of exceptional quality. No slag around the welds and the fit and finish is excellent. I almost don't want to use them! LOL

Load #2 was delivered this morning. I have to switch back to rock moving mode for a bit before I spread the dirt around.
    Tractors - Educate me-tri-axle_02-jpg

In my search for less expensive SDS+ bits, I decided to try a couple from Amazon. The bit in the middle is the (lightly used) German made Milwaukee from Home Depot for $24ish. To the left is the same Milwaukee bit but made in China which you can get on Amazon as a dual pack for $25. Notice the difference in the carbide shape between them. The bit on the right is a German made Dewalt branded bit for $13 on Amazon. It has a similar carbide shape to the German Milwaukee but the tool itself appears to be milled from round stock where the others (at least the Chinese Milwaukee) appear to be twisted bar stock. I haven't tried the two new players yet so we'll see how they do.
    Tractors - Educate me-bit_comparison-jpg

Tractors - Educate me-tri-axle_02-jpg Tractors - Educate me-bit_comparison-jpg

my bits look like your #1 I bought, what has turned out to be a lifetime supply, about 30 years ago, when I bought my Ryobi rotary hammer, from one of those sales guys that tells you a terrible joke when he calls, but it seemed like a good deal at the time, about a $100 for a dozen, and has turned out to be a good deal, below is a slightly used, 500 holes ? mostly just an inch deep as angle points on property lines, but some 2 deep to place aluminum disks

Tractors - Educate me-img_2476-jpgTractors - Educate me-img_2478-jpg

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

on another not, I wanted to dig a test pit with my toe-hoe, yesterday, but a broken pin on the boom, after searching, and driving here and there, I finally found a 1" dia x 8" long grade 8 bolt that works as a temporary fix at least, and by the time I got the machine all greased, it was too late in day, I went out today and dug the pit.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Fun day moving out the leaves today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractors - Educate me-img_7653-jpg  

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

thats a ton of leaves!

I find around our house that the neighbors' oaks and the crimson maple have the worst leaves to pick up. They just dry up and turn into papyrus, very bulky. The sugar and silver maple shrivel up and easier to handle. I have to haul my leaves to the dump and I know that I've posted before but before mulching, I would take 20-some truck loads to the dump and after I got the bagger for the mower it is about 5 to 6. This past weekend when the leaves were a bit wet, the truck got loaded down pretty good, probably dropped the suspension 3". Guy at the dump had one of those Harbor Freight bed unloaders (tarp with a crank). I always thought those weren't too good but watching him with a garden fork in my hand, I was jealous.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    I find around our house that the neighbors' oaks and the crimson maple have the worst leaves to pick up. They just dry up and turn into papyrus, very bulky. The sugar and silver maple shrivel up and easier to handle. I have to haul my leaves to the dump and I know that I've posted before but before mulching, I would take 20-some truck loads to the dump and after I got the bagger for the mower it is about 5 to 6. This past weekend when the leaves were a bit wet, the truck got loaded down pretty good, probably dropped the suspension 3". Guy at the dump had one of those Harbor Freight bed unloaders (tarp with a crank). I always thought those weren't too good but watching him with a garden fork in my hand, I was jealous.
    i had no idea that these existed...
    https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-l...der-60800.html

so far i have done 2 leaf cleanups...triple bagger on the mower for part of it...then i use a tow behind sweeper...have to keep on it cause if they leaves get too thick the sweeper wheels can drag and the sweeper won't work

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

My schedule has kept me from from the yard work the past couple of weekends but I had managed to get my dirt delivery moved to the back yard last weekend.
    Tractors - Educate me-back_yard_fill-jpg

Here is is all spread out and compacted as best as I can. I still have to excavate at the boundary of the stone wall but I'm almost there for this section of the yard!
    Tractors - Educate me-spread_fill-jpg

Here's the primary rock pile with all the big'uns...
    Tractors - Educate me-rock_pile_01-jpg

Here the secondary pile that has more of the smaller rocks. It's hard to judge scale but the dirty rock on top is the width of my bucket.
    Tractors - Educate me-rock_pile_02-jpg

And finally, one of my goldens chased a mouse into the bucket so he laid down and played with it until he finally crunched it.
    Tractors - Educate me-dog_caught_mouse-jpg

Tractors - Educate me-back_yard_fill-jpg Tractors - Educate me-spread_fill-jpg Tractors - Educate me-rock_pile_01-jpg Tractors - Educate me-rock_pile_02-jpg Tractors - Educate me-dog_caught_mouse-jpg

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Those of you that have installed extra lighting on your machines.. how do you have them switched? Are they on/off with the key, or switched independently? Anything like that?

I have my little toy in the garage now for some electrical gooberage. Minimum is wiring up a panel mount SAE connector for a battery tender and my heated motorcycle gear.

I have found there are auxiliary circuits everywhere on this thing. Behind the seat/tank there is a circuit switched with the ignition. On the fender there is another that is hot with the key in ACC. Two more plugs down there that I read are set up for trailer lighting or something. Now thinking about using one of those drops instead. Will I regret not being able to switch work lights off independently? I think I will.

They must use the same fuse box for their entire line of tractors. Mine has ~12 spots with only 4 of them hot. Interestingly there are fuses populated in ALL of them. Sticker calls all the extra fuses "spares".

I bought a switch that I thought would fit one of the dash knock outs. Turns out it is just a bit too small. Will 3d print an insert to trim it out at some point.

Did I mention this thing has 2 USB power outlets on the fender?! Dumbest feature I can imagine a tractor having.

I haven't added any lights but I did futz around with my horns. I keep contacts around so I can populate the unused spots in the fuse blocks.

For the ATO/ATC style fuses: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    For the relay connections: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Way ahead of you there. Although the fuse block is already fully populated. Just have to back the connectors out and crimp on wires. I bought a marine fuse box and feel like a dummy now as it really seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I bought a marine fuse box and feel like a dummy now as it really seems pointless.
    You could always run it like a subpanel. Feed it with a large fuse from the main box and locate it wherever is most convenient for you.

With 8 spots in the factory panel open there seems like no need. All the yootoobe crowd installed their own panels. Most of them have the other orange flavor. Maybe they don't come with so much open? Who knows.

I was disappointed that the main and starter fuses seem to be in individual holders buried in wads of tape in the harness. Also everything in the panel is ignition or acc. No always hot circuits there. The hazzards work without a key. No idea how those are fused. Someday I'll maybe buy a shop manual for this thing with a wiring diagram.

I think I just decided to run a new switched circuit. Circuit will be tied to the acc switch position. That way I can run the work lights with the engine off but pulling the key kills them.

I wouldn't be surprised if our fuse boxes are the same. Mine has a lot of extra space to accommodate the cab model. I do have the shop manual for mine so if you're curious about anything (except the wiring of your USB ports which I don't have), I can at least take a look and if it isn't identical it may at least give you an idea where to look.

Where did you buy the manual? How much was it? Is it any good? Half the illustrations in my owners manual are for the old CK2510. My CX seems to have a whole different front axle. All the grease points are different. If the workshop manual is just as bad...

I bought mine from Concord Tractor and it was in the $130 range. Since the tractor is new, I haven't done much with it but it seems ok from the get go. My model is fairly well established though.

My owner's manual left a lot to be desired too which is part of the reason I bought the workshop manual.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Circuit will be tied to the acc switch position. That way I can run the work lights with the engine off but pulling the key kills them.
    First thing I thought of when I read your initial question. Glad you wound up posting this later in the thread.

The idea of having always on power is nice but the reality of it is that you wind up with a dead battery more often then you should because you simply forget to turn off whatever it was you were powering.

I don't know. I would like to think a gang of LED work lights (I will probably have 4x 60W by the time I am done) being left on would be somewhat obvious.

Got the fuse panel sorted last night. Reusing the existing tabs in the panel is probably not the brightest move, especially given the tabs are cheap. But it is done and looks factory on first glance.
    Need to chase the wires and build a harness for the switch.

Got most of the battery tender & heated gear plug sorted only to realize I'd crimped and dressed on terminal connectors that were too small! Decided that was a sign I had done too much and called it a night.

Still have to figure out a cleaver way to mount the lights themselves. They need to hang below the top of the ROPS as it clears the garage door by a fraction of an inch. I hear magnets are the hot way to do this.