Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40607071727374757677787980
Results 1,976 to 1,990 of 1990

Tractors - Educate me

Re: Tractors - Educate me

Kubota has a plug for rear work lights. Wired it in with a switch, and put an 8 36W LED flood light.

After hard mounting got ripped off a few times, used two rare earth magnets. This allows me to put it on top of the ROPS, under the ROPS, turn it around, whatever. Just a simple SPST switch. 3D printed a small housing.

The magnets were 75lb rated 1.25 round magnets with a hole in the middle.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 11-23-20 at 09:38 AM.
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

My LED bar has its own harness, switch and relay. Haven't killed the battery yet.....yet.

Didn't have great luck with a magnet set up as I lost a 4" LED light off the ROPS during transport. It also flung off a few times while moving material. I'll do another magnetic setup at some point but this time with a tether arrangement.

As far as hard mounting is concerned, I attached my LED bar to a piece of 2x4 and secured it to the underside of the ROPS with a couple hose clamps. Been like that for 3 or 4 years without an issue.

Also, quick update on the Edge Tamers: They will take some getting used to as I must unlearn the way I manage the bucket however, I do see certain benefits in being able to float the bucket and go. So far my opinion on them is positive.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

tough call

Kioti @ $25k
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

or kubota @ $35k

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined
    can someone the contact information for me?

needing more AR/R4 tire than turf tire...
    longer term thinking cab..

Last edited by nt650hawk; 11-24-20 at 03:36 PM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

got an appointment on Tuesday with the kubota.

a lot of the hours is from the tractor running a pump to fill cranberry bogs. as you know it can take a lot of time to fil up a bog!!!

thoughts on the price that is being offered???

Gino
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Factory cab and good size backhoe. I think that’s exactly what you were looking for bud?
    The Kioti sold

Tractorbynet is the place to research. There are 7,000 people online there at the moment, 175 threads with L5740 in the title, and 1,600 mentions.

1,500 hours is not a scary number.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ice-check.html

“ My local dealer is taking in a 2011 L5740 with turf tires, cab, air, heat, FEL and Kubota front mount snowblower. It has 240 +- hours on it for $35,000. I need to upgrade from my Ferguson TO-35. Any opinions on the price?”

Last edited by Garandman; 11-25-20 at 02:43 PM.
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

^ that was back in 2013

Gino

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    So I ran into an interesting problem that isn't addressed in the manual. ... After a whole bunch of research, I find that the large bolt in the front axle pivot is not a structural member, but a drain plug. I backed the bolt out and grease spewed out beside the threads. The nut on the bolt has a rubber seal in it that mates to the pivot's front surface. Once the grease released, the axle freed up considerably and I was able to move it by hand. I consulted the manual and all it says is to grease the zerk. There is no mention of the drain bolt. I'm pretty sure the grease pressurized the pivot which forced the internal bushing to clamp onto the bearing surface causing everything to bind up. I cleaned out the excess grease and took a guess at how deep to set the drain bolt while still giving me reasonable operation. I have an email into my dealer to see if there is a process/procedure for properly maintaining it but I probably won't hear anything until Tuesday.
    Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Doing my second full greasing today and neither the front or rear zerk on the front axle pivot will take grease. I can't remember how easily these took grease before, but I kind of remember having problems with one (or both). My manual is crap here. I think the illustration is for a CK2510 which seemed to have a totally different axle. Mine has a large bolt with a locking nut on the front of the axle pivot housing. I removed it and there doesn't seem to be anything behind it. Machine has the front end up on jack stands right now and the axle pivots freely. Unlike most other grease points there is no obvious places where excess grease oozes out on these. From the description I think the older CK25 had an older axle design and the newer CX25 is more like the larger CK machines (ie yours).

I really need one of those lock-n-lube couplers. I am making a giant mess with a standard coupler.

In related news, I continue to find grease points that are not mentioned in the manual!

So I never got a clear answer from Concord Tractor on this one. They said I shouldn't really have to worry about it due to the low frequency of greasing that's specified for it. My rear axle-sway fitting took grease without a problem but the front one was problematic. I forced grease into the front one and found that my axle sway had bound up after driving around for a while and hearing a rubber on metal squeak sound coming from the front end when I went over uneven ground. I lifted the front end with the loader and found that I needed to stand on the wheel in order to make the axle pivot. Through my own trial and error, I figured out that the large bolt sets the preload on the bushing inside the axle and the nut is a combination lock nut for the large bolt and a grease seal (it has an O-Ring in the bottom). I adjusted the large bolt by feel until the axle moved as I would have expected.

The workshop manual confirmed what I figured out on my own but put specific torque values to the fasteners (see below). It unfortunately doesn't mention a procedure for greasing those fittings. What I will do now is first lift the front end with the loader and make a mental note of how easy it is to pivot the axle. Then, loosen both the lock nut and the pre-load bolt. Add grease until I see it starting to pass by the threads of the bolt. Clean off the excess and retorque the fasteners to factory spec. Double check the effort needed to pivot the axle and adjust accordingly.

I bought a lock-n-lube and it saves me a tremendous amount of time when I'm greasing everything. It's worth the 20 some odd bucks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tractors - Educate me-axlesway-jpg  

Last edited by ZX-12R; Today at 06:00 PM.
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Odd. I finally found this in the (owners) manual. I had missed it before.

Tractors - Educate me-pxl_20201127_203211583-jpg

Googling says the fittings should be easier to grease with the tractor in the air. I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully it takes grease now.

Also finally found a section on the fuse box. Turns out there are two; one is just out of sight further inboard on the firewall.
    The index in the back could be more complete!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

Did I mention this thing has 2 USB power outlets on the fender?! Dumbest feature I can imagine a tractor having.
    maybe diagnostic access as well

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Odd. I finally found this in the (owners) manual. I had missed it before.
    Hmm. I’ll double check but I don’t believe that’s in my owner’s manual.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    These tractors have OBD ports and now that I think about it, I haven’t plugged in to see what data is available.

Now that you mention it I think I found the OBD port when I was running a wire for the new lights. It is NOT conveniently located on my CX.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    No. These are device charging ports.. on the fender.. of a tractor.

Now that you mention it I think I found the OBD port when I was running a wire for the new lights. It is NOT conveniently located on my CX.

No. These are device charging ports.. on the fender.. of a tractor.
    May I recommend some 9ft charging cables?