Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Is the used trailer market nuts also?

Is the used trailer market nuts also?

Have an Aluma 548 utility trailer, with spare and folding tailgate. It is an awesome trailer. Bought it in 2016 after my van went with the company.

In 2018 bought the Sprinter and started using that for hauling bikes, snow throwers etc. So it just sits next to the shed.

They seem to sell for $2,500 - $2,600 new. In old days this kind of item would sell for half price, maybe less. If I could get high teens for it I’d probably launch. Probably buy an enclosed trailer for the snowmobiles.

Don’t have a pic but it’s like this only with a covered spare. Also cover the tires when not in use. Highly, highly recommend Aluma, great quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is the used trailer market nuts also?-846b2b13-07bb-498f-bdca-a3f696cdc175  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

Re: Is the used trailer market nuts also?

Most likely as powersports market is high and people need a way to move 'em around. You can always do what I do and many other people do: post up at a high price and see if anyone bites. If there is no interest lower the price every other week or something along those lines.

I just checked out the Pro-Line website, they have one snowmobile trailer in stock, nothing else in inventory, I wouldn't even hazard a guess what their build time is on an order

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Lifer

Sure is. Took me months to get mine recently and sadly i had to pay over sticker to get it. They said they just cant make many now and its not really a demand issue but a supply one if that makes sense. Someone offered to buy it from me last week for more than i paid for it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I just checked out the Pro-Line website, they have one snowmobile trailer in stock, nothing else in inventory, I wouldn't even hazard a guess what their build time is on an order
    Northern Tool is back ordered on their aluminum trailer kit 6-8 weeks!

Last edited by Garandman; 08-05-21 at 08:03 AM.

Just a heads up the enclosed trailer market is just as bonkers.

If you have the sprinter to get you buy I’d say sell the flat bed when it’s high and buy a sweet aluminum enclosed trailer when people realize getting a few small checks by the gov’t means they can over pay on everything.

LRRS AM #782

Yup. $7000 dump trailers going for $10000+.
    Equipment trailers, aluminum trailers. Everything has gone absolutely bananas

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Northern Tool is back ordered on their aluminum trailer kit 6-8 weeks!
    Proline said 14 weeks about a month ago. I have no idea if its gotten shorter or longer since then.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Proline said 14 weeks about a month ago. I have no idea if its gotten shorter or longer since then.
    I drove by their shop a few days ago, like everyone else, they are advertising employment opportunities. but no workers to hire cause no place to live, average house in area has gone from $250k to $399k, and selling faster than they are being built

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    That's about right. They have such strong demand that it can still be 8-10 weeks during normal times with a full staff.
    Nearly all of their units are built to the customer's specs...very few are for inventory. First class company!

Thanks everyone. Ordered the Northern Tool Aluminum 5’x8’ kit. Once I get a ship date in a week or two I’ll launch the other one.

Paid $2,150 plus $215 for spare plus the covers and tire mount. So next week I’ll tow it down to MA and put it on the market for $1,950 and go from there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is the used trailer market nuts also?-2a37c249-2a98-4f3c-b3da-666aeab80da2   Is the used trailer market nuts also?-d9d64474-b3cb-4422-a918-b69bf6fb11bc  

So the answer to the question is “pretty much.”

The FaceBook ad got the most responses. Got several early inquiries, pretty much like this:

“Will you take $1,400?”
    “No, thanks, think it will sell for the asking price. Trailers are hard to find right now.”
    “Yeah, every one I’ve inquired about was sold.”

Two weeks ago I put my snowmobile trailer up for sale. I was told it was worth $1,000 so I listed it accordingly. It had a banged up clam shell cover that was technically salvageable in the right hands but for most just scrap. This made it look a lot worse than it was. The trailer itself was in decent shape but it was old and being a 10 footer won't work with the newer and longer sleds.

I submitted the listing and put my phone down. It couldn't have been more than a minute and my phone lights up with a message from someone asking for my address saying he "can head over now if that works". As I was typing my response to him, I got 6 more inquiries and had to mark it as pending before I could even finish my reply.

The guy showed up at my house 30 minutes later (because that's how far away he lived). He glanced at the trailer from a distance and handed me the cash. The only thing he checked was the lights. It was after I got the money and while he was hooking it up. He just wanted to make sure they worked for the drive home. He actually had tools and wiring with him and was going to fix it on the side of the road if they weren't working. When he saw that they worked, he got really excited.

Clearly I should have listed it for more which to me is crazy. It's a 2001 and too small for most sleds made in the past 15 years. It needed wheels and tires, and the cap made it look terrible.

(4) Try not to be a dick. PurplePackage's Avatar