Anyone travel a lot, or got a boat?

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Bored as hell today. Slow work day.

I used to travel quite a bit and wonder if anyone else here has done the same.

I have a boat that I use quite a bit, mostly on Winnipesaukee, in the nicer weather and was wondering if there were any other boaters.

Entertain me, please! I'm ADD

0 Not allowed!

Yip, got a boat. She's a lowly ol' Grumman Fish & Fun. 'Tis a long story about her and how I acquired her. None the less, I live just south of The Big Pond on Locke Lake in Center Barnstead...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I was just in Barnstead yesterday on my bike. My boat is a Regal 2100 LSR. Nice family bow rider. Looks like this:

0 Not allowed!

I was just in Barnstead yesterday on my bike.
    No shit?!?! D'ya know where abouts?
    My boat is a Regal 2100 LSR. Nice family bow rider. Looks like this:
    Like I said, it's a loooooooong story about our boat. We've been tossing around the idea of upgrading to something um, modern. But ours only cost us (insert insanely low price here), so we're trying to come to grips with what it'll cost to replace in real world prices...

Pisser thing is, ours runs great! Got some minor fishing-type amenities too. I did all the work on it after it sat in a garage from 1987 'til 1994. Rodents & vermin ate through the wiring harness and used it for low income housing for all those years...

But we've finally got it all sorted out, and we've had a blast with it these last coupla years. We're also tossing the idea around of just replacing the 50 HP Johnson with a NEW 75 HP jobby. But the motor is most of the cost of a new boat anyway...

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

0 Not allowed!

I came up from Raymond on 107 to Pittsfield. Took a right on 28 and stopped at a little store/gas station/sub shop/video rental shop just past 126 south. Got a cup of coffee and drank it in the little eating area/video display room. I then proceeded south on 126 to 202A...

A few years ago I bought a 17' Sunbird Bowrider with a Volvo I/O for $1400. The engine needed some work. Fixed it up and used it extensively for two full seasons until the engine was in dire need of a ring job. Parked it for five years and dug into it last summer. Did the rings and bearings and a few other things and used it some more. Realized that my family had outgrown it and bought the Regal. Still have the Sunbird. Might park it on Highland Lake in Maine. I have some lake-access land (cheap) up there and it came with a boat slip. It's a perfect boat (ugly) for leaving unattended.

0 Not allowed!

I came up from Raymond on 107 to Pittsfield. Took a right on 28 and stopped at a little store/gas station/sub shop/video rental shop just past 126 south. Got a cup of coffee and drank it in the little eating area/video display room. I then proceeded south on 126 to 202A...
    Ha! That sir, would be the world famous Barnstead Country Store. You were about 3 miles from me. Funky little store, eh?

A few years ago I bought a 17' Sunbird Bowrider with a Volvo I/O for $1400. The engine needed some work. Fixed it up and used it extensively for two full seasons until the engine was in dire need of a ring job. Parked it for five years and dug into it last summer. Did the rings and bearings and a few other things and used it some more. Realized that my family had outgrown it and bought the Regal. Still have the Sunbird. Might park it on Highland Lake in Maine. I have some lake-access land (cheap) up there and it came with a boat slip. It's a perfect boat (ugly) for leaving unattended.
    Okay, I'll try the short version: My parents bought a camp on Locke Lake in '94, as an estate sale after someone's death. The dude's kids didn't realize there was a boat in the garage until it was time to sign everything over. None of them had any means to transport the boat, so they told my folks to just keep it. Having absolutely NO knowledge of boats, the thing remained in that spot until the summer of '95 when I decided to see what I could do with it...

Replaced the wiring harness and gas tank, added a live well w/ aerator, electric bilge, depth/fish finder, and 'rebuilt' the 'top end' of the motor. I didn't do the prettiest job, but it's all working great now...

In '99, my wife & I decided to buy the camp and convert it for year round use & to live in permanantly (which, by the way we're still working at...). My folks had no use for the boat, so they signed it over to me. Problem was, we needed a bill of sale showing an actual cash value. All I had on me at the time was $6.00, so as a sort of joke I gave that to my pops for the sale. Yeah, you heard me right SIX BUCKS!

She's an old dog, but she sat for SEVEN years in the garage due to the original owner's illness. Yeah, she's running a bit rough now and she could use some minor cosmetics. But for what we use it for, it's perfect...

Hmmm.....so much for the short version....

0 Not allowed!