Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New Truck Thread

New Truck Thread

Who here has what for 2020 - present 3/4 ton pick-up with gas engines? I'll be kicking tires soon and will more than likely be going with:

NEW 3/4
    GAS engine
    4-wheel drive

That's it. I'm not interested in discussing prices or what you've read or researched. If you DON'T have a 2020 - present gas 3/4 ton pick-up, there's really no need to comment.

What year is it? Brand? What do you currently have for mileage on it? What type of MPG are you getting with your GAS engine? Which GAS engine do you have? Transmission? What do you normally pull with it?(I don't need specs on towing capabilities)? How were the recalls handled? What type of repairs have been needed so far (warranty/no warranty)? What's typical maintenance look like (intervals, etc)? Have a 5th wheel hitch? Just bumper pull? Real world MPG?

I want to hear the good, bad & ugly. Again though, if you've no experience with 2020 - present 3/4 ton gas pick-ups, just move on. I don't need to hear specs, prices, what you've read on Motor Trend or Road & Track. If you have what I'm looking for and asking about, I wanna hear it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Re: New Truck Thread

I have a '21 GMC Sierra 2500, but it's got the diesel engine. It has 13k on the clock now. So far it's been really good. No problems yet. The interior is nice enough. This truck replaced an '18, which was pretty much identical but just the previous generation. The '21 rides much nicer, and is a bit larger inside.

When I bought my truck a coworker bought one just like it, but with the 6.6 gas engine. He likes it, but doesn't tow or haul anything. I think he's getting around 15 mpg with mixed use.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    I have a '21 GMC Sierra 2500, but it's got the diesel engine. It has 13k on the clock now. So far it's been really good. No problems yet. The interior is nice enough. This truck replaced an '18, which was pretty much identical but just the previous generation. The '21 rides much nicer, and is a bit larger inside.

When I bought my truck a coworker bought one just like it, but with the 6.6 gas engine. He likes it, but doesn't tow or haul anything. I think he's getting around 15 mpg with mixed use.
    What mpg are you getting?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post

Ouch! 15MPG? That part hurts. Just outta curiosity, what are you getting for MPG with your deecil?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Computer claims 20.8 right now, with a best of 26.3. I'd think it's 10% optimistic, but I don't put pen to paper on this shit anymore. I drive really easy for the most part, and with the 10 speed it hovers around 1000 rpm at 45.
    Pulling a trailer to WV like a maniac brings the mileage right down around 12. I figured it would do better towing, but it doesn't. My tundra with the same trailer only got around 8.

I didn't buy a diesel because I thought it made sense or I needed it. I operate on a want basis. I'd have a tough time making an argument to buy that engine aside from the fact that the truck is really fast, for a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Ouch! 15MPG? That part hurts. Just outta curiosity, what are you getting for MPG with your deecil?
    I realize you're looking for info on the new ones, but my '14 2500 got about 14mpg on its best day, closer to 12 on most, and down to 8 towing heavy in mountains. I'm not sure how much they have improved the HD line WRT economy since that's really not relevant for them, and they don't even publish those numbers. Just wanted to give you a reference point.

My 08 duramax got 15 on its worst day and about 18-19 on its best.