Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tsunami thought

Tsunami thought

Is it me, or do others viewing the before and after pics see the topography as having hosted many tsunami's?

Check out these... the first one looks like the land has been shaped many times by tsunami activity.

http://homepage.mac.com/demark/tsunami/14.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

Tsunami thought

That is interesting but I think the another issue is the areas of the landscape which have been modified by humans are much more likely to be altered then the natural areas. I think the areas that look to have been previously shaped by tsunamis may just be the areas that were modified by people.

If you look at some of the forested areas they didn't change much, it is only the areas bordering cleared fields.

Littering and........

Read me....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Apparently, there have been a million tsunamis there before.....

Tsunami thought

Also:
    No dead animals. They knew.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

Tsunami thought

I think someone has been exaggerating the no dead animals stuff.. maybe some environmentalists?

I've read about places where there were concentrations of dead animals.

It does seem they did better though.

Tsunami thought

Where?

I watched a news report this weekend, they interviewed an animal caretaker, his elephants broke thier chains, and carried a few Japanese tourists that were getting ready for a ride, up to safety with them. The interviewer asked if he had come across any dead animals; he stated there were none, not a one.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Tsunami thought

sharks ate em!

actually, back as a kid, i think i remmeber something discovery channelish saying that critters like elephants can communicate with ultra low freq's through the ground... stuff in the same freq range as seismic activity... which propagates through the ground at an extraordinary rate and covers even more incredible distances?! which would lead to me thinking they "heard" it coming when the 8 or 9 richter scale earthquake started all of this.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Lifer

Tsunami thought

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...417159,00.html

Some 5,000 people drowned in northern Indonesia, where the death toll was rising rapidly. "It smells so bad ... The human bodies are mixed in with dead animals like dogs, fish, cats and goats," said Marine Colonel Buyung Lelana, head of an evacuation team in Lhokseumawe city on the northern coast of Aceh province.

Tsunami thought

stupid goats...

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

Tsunami thought

The no dead animals thing appears to have started here and then everyone else picked up on it and ran with it. It only appears to be talking about Sri Lanka and the credentials are just a "conservationist".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4136485.stm

I did find one other article that mentioned that the area hit in Sri Lanka is lowlands near the beach that border a national forest. People are only allowed to land their boats in the low area that was vulnerable to the tsunami. And the only animals that still hang out in the low areas are elephants.

Tsunami thought

domesticated TIED animals.... And the fish, of coasre cause they are in the water.... Have you ever seen pics from a forest fire, all the animals know what's up and the first to leave are the birds. To say there are NO dead animals is a bit much, but for the most part there are very few

Lifer

Tsunami thought

There isn't much to be found in terms of "evidence" by searching the web.

All the articles I found when I searched were all reprints of the same material that I linked.

I don't think anyone is really looking for animals. Someone just made some quotes and everyone else re-ran the articles.

The animals don't all get away in a forest fire. They get burned up with everything else in all likelihood. Not that I regularly hike through forest fires but I'm not really believing this 6th sense stuff either.

Lifer

Tsunami thought

dogs can smell cancer. It was on 60 minutes last night. My fish seem pretty smart, I'm going to keep a close eye on them to make sure I pick up any signals of danger they might give me.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Tsunami thought

It's true actually... two weeks ago, my pet goldfish that i had for 10 years jumped out of the tank and landed on the carpet. when i found him in the morning i put him back in the tank, but he died anyway. then last week, all of southern california got hit by crazy floods. he must have been trying to warn me.

WSMC #940

Tsunami thought

Originally posted by hessogood
    My fish seem pretty smart, I'm going to keep a close eye on them to make sure I pick up any signals of danger they might give me.
    Do they smell like tuna? That's usually a warning sign.

On another note, BenVFR has successfully put the kabash on two internet rumors I have tried to start. Party pooper.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Tsunami thought

Originally posted by benVFR
    There isn't much to be found in terms of "evidence" by searching the web.

All the articles I found when I searched were all reprints of the same material that I linked.

I don't think anyone is really looking for animals. Someone just made some quotes and everyone else re-ran the articles.

The animals don't all get away in a forest fire. They get burned up with everything else in all likelihood. Not that I regularly hike through forest fires but I'm not really believing this 6th sense stuff either.

Have you ever been around animals much. Coming from VT(I think) I would suspect yes. Did you ever notice before a big storm the wildlife get a bit uneasy, not just a regular storm, but a really big fuckin bad storm?

Highsider, what do your horses act like before a strom, is ther anyt change??? I know my dogs have all been on edge before a big storm, maybe it's just me

Lifer

Tsunami thought

Yes I've seen animals act weird.

I am just thinking it is a matter of physics. How far ahead of time do some animals need to sense danger to accurately pick a correct route to avoid danger and outrun a fire, flood, etc.. ?

I'm sure the animals did better than the people, as they weren't living in a massively overcrowded environment, poor buildings, etc.. but I'm sure some of them died and they are just distributed throughout the country where they aren't going to be easily found...

Like I said I doubt anyone is wasting their time scouring the jungles for dead animals when there are so many people who need help.

on another note

Japan has had a major Tsunami every 50 yrs or so. There is one provice that has 3 different flood gates. After they built the 1st one people moved behind it then they built a 2nd, and then a 3rd.... It was gaddamn funny watching the drill

I'm thinking bout duying some diving gear just in casethe Red Dot is me