Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unexplained activity in the house.

Re: Unexplained activity in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    I never gave the paranormal much thought, until I first moved in with my wife, 6 years ago. About 3 months before we got together, her roommate at the time, hung herself in one of the bedrooms (she had been battling cancer for a cpl years and had recently found out it was terminal). There was a memorial planned for her and about an hour or so before we were gonna go, we were standing in the kitchen and my wife said "we aren't gonna go to the memorial because I don't wanna deal with everyone right now". As soon as she finished her sentence a coffee cup came flying out of the center of one of the plastic racks to dry dishes on and smashed against a wall. I mean this cup was in the center all by itself, no windows were open no traffic was driving by.

Also in that side of the house a few times I watched doors open and close and also watched the handle turn.

The was a few worse things that happened but I don't have time to type it out right now, I'll update this later. I am a full believer in paranormal now.
    Now that I can finish typing, the worst things that happened there was my stepdaughter, who was 4 at the time, ended up getting the roommates old room because we unfortunately needed it for her. Almost every single night she would wake up screaming in pure terror, at almost the exact same time. she never did that before she was in the room and never did it again as soon as we moved, and she would never tell us why either. When my wife would go to calm her down she always came back freaked out because the ceiling fan would be turning very very slow (the fan didn't work after the roommate hung from it). My wife started burning sage in the apartment and it really did quiet things down for a few days. i still clearly remember how much I hated getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom at that damn apartment.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by myzx6 View Post
    When something like that happens it is a major adrenaline rush combined with a flash of goosebumps but living with it and not being able to fully relax in your own home sucks and is very tiring.
    Yeah exactly. Fuck that noise.
    Although I strongly believe a lot of is in our heads and we see, smell and feel things that aren't really there.
    I could be ignorant, I had a fair share of challenging my luck. Did graveyard challenges when I was teen, visited and broke in in haunted houses and building, went camping in woods and forests with that rep. Not once I really experienced something. I don't understand why Mark wouldn't put a camera on but that's his call and I respect that.

Itís been reasonably quiet for a while, until about 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago, my mother was at the house cleaning and something brushed by her in the kitchen, she thought it was the dog, but she was sound asleep on the couch.

Last week, I was cleaning the bedroom, went to grab an empty water bottle off the night table next to the bed, but forgot. 5 minutes later I heard a noise from the bedroom and the water bottle was rolling across the floor.

Last weekend, eating dinner, I heard a noise in the bedroom, then felt a rush of cold air come from the bedroom and into the dining room. It was a calm warm day outside, so it wasnít the wind.

The latest activity also started happening at the same time as the kitchen renovation started and a wall separating the original main house and the kitchen, was removed.

Iíve also found a 150 year documentary on the house, which was pretty cool in many ways. It also mentioned 2 people died inside the house in the late 1800ís when the house was struck by lightning. It was also struck by lightning again in the 1920 timeframe, but no injuries.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Wow, you are a believer? Does any of it make you feel uncomfortable? Or are you amused? intrigued?

Paul_E_D

It sounds like they are helpful ghosts, so you've got that going for you. Anyway of finding out about the two people who died in the house from the lightning strike? Did they give names?

Odd you say about the renovation. My wife is convinced the man who built our house, by hand for he and his wife, is still living there. His activity picks up when we do major projects in the house. I've seen and heard things but it seems the activity picks up when I am not there. The most activity we'd ever experienced was when we were doing our addition. Just some things that occurred during construction were strange, wifey is convinced he was happy that we were taking care of his house. I'm sure it is the mind playing tricks on us, but neat to think about none the less.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    It’s been reasonably quiet for a while, until about 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago, my mother was at the house cleaning and something brushed by her in the kitchen, she thought it was the dog, but she was sound asleep on the couch.

Last week, I was cleaning the bedroom, went to grab an empty water bottle off the night table next to the bed, but forgot. 5 minutes later I heard a noise from the bedroom and the water bottle was rolling across the floor.

Last weekend, eating dinner, I heard a noise in the bedroom, then felt a rush of cold air come from the bedroom and into the dining room. It was a calm warm day outside, so it wasn’t the wind.

The latest activity also started happening at the same time as the kitchen renovation started and a wall separating the original main house and the kitchen, was removed.

I’ve also found a 150 year documentary on the house, which was pretty cool in many ways. It also mentioned 2 people died inside the house in the late 1800’s when the house was struck by lightning. It was also struck by lightning again in the 1920 timeframe, but no injuries.
    Mark, you are a brave man!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Wow, you are a believer? Does any of it make you feel uncomfortable? Or are you amused? intrigued?
    I’m more intrigued than anything, I’m not worried or nervous. Would I have ever considered myself a believer in the past? No, but maybe things change with age?

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    It sounds like they are helpful ghosts, so you've got that going for you. Anyway of finding out about the two people who died in the house from the lightning strike? Did they give names?

Odd you say about the renovation. My wife is convinced the man who built our house, by hand for he and his wife, is still living there. His activity picks up when we do major projects in the house. I've seen and heard things but it seems the activity picks up when I am not there. The most activity we'd ever experienced was when we were doing our addition. Just some things that occurred during construction were strange, wifey is convinced he was happy that we were taking care of his house. I'm sure it is the mind playing tricks on us, but neat to think about none the less.
    I’d have to read it again to get the exact names, but the last name was Hopkins all through the 1800’s.

I feel similar to what your wife believes, whatever it is/if anything, it is happy the house is finally being taken care of. It has certainly see many years of neglect.

Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Dog farts are mysterious and powerful.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    In your case it could explain the rush of air felt coming out of the bedroom...

Paul_E_D

And real. Unlike ghosts, spirits, hauntings and the baby Jesus.

And in your case a cause for a large scale hazmat clean up.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Iíve also found a 150 year documentary on the house, which was pretty cool in many ways. It also mentioned 2 people died inside the house in the late 1800ís when the house was struck by lightning.
    Maybe a proud relative of Henry Ford reading your posts over your shoulder and getting pissed off

my GF has been hearing "strange noises" in our house, curtain in front of door open, and "she's positive she closed it"

I think we got a squirrel in the attic as well as house mice

I haven't yet told her that the state police were here and on my neighbor's property 25 years ago with cadaver dogs

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    ..... with cadaver dogs
    It's dog farts. It's always dog farts.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650