Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

F* Verizon

Re: F* Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but you're actually 100% correct. I don't think there's a single industry that isn't better off being run by the government vs. private. When you're not beholden to shareholders, you can make the right investments in your business.
    Right...like the USPS should be showing FedEx and UPS how to run a profitable delivery service... How profitable is public transportation? Give me the benefits of capitalism with competition over government run anything any day of the week. The big power and cable providers fk you because they have zero competition. How many reliable cable services? In my town: two. Not much competition at all. The sole option for electricity in my town is one municipal which works great, but what if it didn't?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by NPDCPA; 08-07-18 at 04:25 PM.

Your argument doesn't have a lot of legs to stand on. If you really want me to write an essay and take what legs are there down, I guess I could.

The general philosophy that local governments abide by (if that's the right word) is the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Public transportation is a net benefit for the community even if the service itself is not profitable.

The whole benefit of having government run anything is the part where they don't (and shouldn't) turn a profit, which allows for lower pricing across the board.

If you could pay $40 a month for your cable service vs. whatever the fuck you're paying now, would you still be so against it?

0 Not allowed!

Cancelled my Verizon Fios triple play and plan on going to Internet only. This thread and the loss of Bein did it to me...

0 Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

To be fair, ESPN costs service providers roughly $4 per month to offer. So for your whole channel lineup to be $5 a month, which is like 80% lower than a package from Sling or DirecTV Now, yeah, something seems a bit off.
    I have given it to CTBandit , Kane and a couple of the other guys , so you can check up on it with them.

0 Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

Okay , Fuck it , I spoke with the powers that be .

If you PM me and are able to follow my directions .

I will set everyone up who wants my channel line up , free subscriptions.

0 Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    No, it sounds fishy. If you can't say the name of a legal paid service publicly, then there is cause for questioning.

Bully and challenge? Seriously? Lol.
    Dude conflict of interest. Do you know how much shit I canít say on forums because of my job!?

Some piece of shit from BORN took one of my posts and forwarded to a previous employer of mine.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    Right...like the USPS should be showing FedEx and UPS how to run a profitable delivery service... How profitable is public transportation? Give me the benefits of capitalism with competition over government run anything any day of the week. The big power and cable providers fk you because they have zero competition. How many reliable cable services? In my town: two. Not much competition at all. The sole option for electricity in my town is one municipal which works great, but what if it didn't?
    I know you’re smart and know a lot on this field, but exactly because it’s not privately owned the goal isn’t always large profits.

Also USPS is smoking FedEx and DHL all day. In fair competition with UPS

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    How so? What are your qualifiers? Is it even fair to compare USPS who has bottomless support of excessive costs to FedEx, etc who have to maintain quality in order to survive?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    How so? What are your qualifiers? Is it even fair to compare USPS who has bottomless support of excessive costs to FedEx, etc who have to maintain quality in order to survive?
    Let me know when FedEx is gonna let you send a letter for $0.50.

0 Not allowed!

Let me know when FedEx is gonna let you send a letter for $0.50.
    That. Or even get anything delivered on time.
    And don’t even get me started on international shipping.
    Of course it’s fair to compare them. It’s no different than anything else compared here.

0 Not allowed!

The thing is, without a significant amount of non-revenue support, the USPS would not be able to charge you $0.50 to send a letter. The USPS cannot break even and has not since 2006. Where do you think the ability to send letters comes from? Your pocket, income tax dollars. FedEx and UPS do not send letters because they can't compete with the artificially low postage rates for #10 envelope mail. Compare the QUALITY of service between USPS and FedEx/UPS/DHL on a package delivery. Or try this: compare the USPS "tracking" to any of the others and tell me which you prefer? Call the USPS, ANY USPS office with a delivery issue and tell me who will fix the problem to your satisfaction.

But, don't take my word for it: A Failed Mission: U.S. Postal Service Details Another Massive Loss For The 2017 Fiscal Year

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by NPDCPA; 08-07-18 at 10:08 PM.

I’ve always thought of USPS as services available to me like Police, Fire, clean drinking water, passable roads, etc. Not the cheapest way to do it but typically good enough.

0 Not allowed!

Here's a screen shot of the guide .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F* Verizon-img_2917-jpg  

0 Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I know you’re smart and know a lot on this field, but exactly because it’s not privately owned the goal isn’t always large profits.

No way that's fair competition. The next time you see a Postal vehicle, try and find the license plate, you wont....you have any idea what reg and taxes are on a UPS or FEDEX truck? That's just the tip of the iceberg. I agree USPS is usually quick and very affordable but it's not fair competition and it's not profitable.

1 Not allowed!

Against my better judgement..... Municipal electricty and National Grid is not a fair comparison with regard to the Gov vs commercial arguement. Electricity providers are highly regulated with restricted charges and defined profit margins. They are virtually government entities at this point.

Back on topic: I get BeIN i get it through SlingTV but they dont have NESN as stated elsewhere. Having an online DVR is also pretty nice cause MotoGP and WSBK aren't on at convenient hours. PSVue does have NESN but not BeIN. Its tough finding an online provider with both local options and wide selection but PSVew i think may be the best (though not inexpensive). I wish channels werent locked out from offering online options directly to consumers but maybe that will change as more ditch traditional cable.

0 Not allowed!

I wish everything was gov't run. I'd get a pension, more vacation, and never get fired. It would be awesome.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by ADA929 View Post

Back on topic: I get BeIN i get it through SlingTV but they dont have NESN as stated elsewhere. Having an online DVR is also pretty nice cause MotoGP and WSBK aren't on at convenient hours. PSVue does have NESN but not BeIN. Its tough finding an online provider with both local options and wide selection but PSVew i think may be the best (though not inexpensive). I wish channels werent locked out from offering online options directly to consumers but maybe that will change as more ditch traditional cable.
    Part of the problem is no one (to my knowledge) offers an a la carte cable option. Aka just pay for the channels you actually want. Instead, they lump together packages of shit. Want BeIN? Gotta pay for the Premium Sports package or whatever the fuck some marketer came up with. In my opinion, you should be able to add whatever channels you want and drop the rest of the shit. Sure, maybe pay a small premium for the ability to do this, but it'd be way better than paying for Lifetime or the Hallmark channel or whatever it's called.

1 Not allowed!

Part of the problem is no one (to my knowledge) offers an a la carte cable option. Aka just pay for the channels you actually want. Instead, they lump together packages of shit. Want BeIN? Gotta pay for the Premium Sports package or whatever the fuck some marketer came up with. In my opinion, you should be able to add whatever channels you want and drop the rest of the shit. Sure, maybe pay a small premium for the ability to do this, but it'd be way better than paying for Lifetime or the Hallmark channel or whatever it's called.
    And this is why most can't/won't pull the plug just yet. Not worth it to save only a couple bucks and still not get everything you want.

0 Not allowed!

That would make it more expensive believe it or not. If you care, read: streaming, sharing, stealing.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    Here's a screen shot of the guide .
    Tons of info out there for Madhat.tv

I see this going about as well as Aereo.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12