Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Vermont registration help

Lifer

Re: Vermont registration help

So after exhausting all possible ways of getting insurance in vt while living in mass and being denied by every single carrier in the state i did what any reasonable person would do and simply bought a ski condo in vt to use as a vt address. I will sell it when i get the vt registrations converted to mass titles.
    Fyi- mass insurance law makes it illegal to register your vehicle in a different state other than mass. While technically you may be able to fool someone into giving you insurance the second you need to to use it it will be cancelled. It was just too much risk. Plus mass wont convert a vt reg to a mass title unless its been insured in vt at some point or youve held the vt reg for a long enough time.
    For those following i used the vd119 form, my import paperwork, 2 bills of sale (one dated to when i originally bought the bike 5 years ago and a new vt one that was recently signed to appease the dmv requirement of having a bill of sale on vt offical paperwork) and a note explaining my purpose. For valueing the bike i just used the import paperworks declared value. It took about 2 months to get the plate and finally the paperwork and sticker. The plate came quick, the reg not so much.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wheres the condo? Get a good deal?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Lifer

Its at the base of mount ellen. $135k. Its a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    So after exhausting all possible ways of getting insurance in vt while living in mass and being denied by every single carrier in the state i did what any reasonable person would do and simply bought a ski condo in vt to use as a vt address. I will sell it when i get the vt registrations converted to mass titles.
    Fyi- mass insurance law makes it illegal to register your vehicle in a different state other than mass. While technically you may be able to fool someone into giving you insurance the second you need to to use it it will be cancelled. It was just too much risk. Plus mass wont convert a vt reg to a mass title unless its been insured in vt at some point or youve held the vt reg for a long enough time.
    For those following i used the vd119 form, my import paperwork, 2 bills of sale (one dated to when i originally bought the bike 5 years ago and a new vt one that was recently signed to appease the dmv requirement of having a bill of sale on vt offical paperwork) and a note explaining my purpose. For valueing the bike i just used the import paperworks declared value. It took about 2 months to get the plate and finally the paperwork and sticker. The plate came quick, the reg not so much.
    If you have owned the vehicle more than six months, you don’t have to pay sales tax when you bring it into MA.

“When it comes to the kitchen, I have a narrow band of competency.”
    Master Mechanic Roger Barr in “Chasing Classic Cars.”

Seems like a lot of hassles IMHO.

Just a quick question, do you plan to get a Vt drivers license and change of address to Vt as well? If we’re getting technical, it still sounds illegal for you to live in Mass, and register and insure a vehicle in Vt. That being said, what risk factor are you actually eliminating by doing this?

Last edited by R7; 11-20-21 at 11:47 AM.
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Seems like a lot of hassles IMHO.

Just a quick question, do you plan to get a Vt drivers license and change of address to Vt as well? If we’re getting technical, it still sounds illegal for you to live in Mass, and register and insure a vehicle in Vt. That being said, what risk factor are you actually eliminating by doing this?
    It's a bit of a pain to figure out the process but it's really the only way to do it now that mass has stopped processing title only applications in person. You need to send everything in to them and they just are so much more difficult to deal with that way. Believe me, if I knew it was going to like this I would have left the vehicles overseas until things got better but everything changed so quickly.

Totally legal what I'm doing. In fact it's the most legal way of doing it.
    Like I said, my main goal of all this is to make my New Imperial as legit as possible. That is my main driving force to go to such lengths to make sure everything is on the up and up.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

When you looking to sell? Shoot me some info.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

IMHO you have definitely attained baller status .

I seriously would have let you use my address and forwarded your mail .

TIMMYDUCK

It took about 2 months to get the plate and finally the paperwork and sticker. The plate came quick, the reg not so much.
    Plate should have been mailed back to you with a copy of the registration application dated and stamped with the registration fees.

That serves as a temporary registration until the actual one arrives .

Also wondering if you bought a Fiddlehead condo ?

Had an ex girlfriend whom lived there back in the early 90’s .

Excellent places and just so close to the lifts .

Last edited by TIMMYDUCK; 11-21-21 at 05:03 AM.
    TIMMYDUCK

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    Plate should have been mailed back to you with a copy of the registration application dated and stamped with the registration fees.

That serves as a temporary registration until the actual one arrives .

Also wondering if you bought a Fiddlehead condo ?

Had an ex girlfriend whom lived there back in the early 90’s .

Excellent places and just so close to the lifts .
    Yup. Fiddlehead indeed. First floor unit. Nice place. My brother has a unit there as well. Thats how i got it really.

I did get the plate back as you said but i still wanted the actual one with the sticker to make sure the process was complete.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYDUCK View Post
    IMHO you have definitely attained baller status .

I seriously would have let you use my address and forwarded your mail .
    Lol baller status. I admit it was a little extreme but in this market not so much. I got a good deal and i know i can sell it for more later so i looked at it as a place to park some money and collect gains on it when i sell. I had the cash and it doesnt do me much good sitting in a bank.
    Another way to look at it is my New Imperial is nearly worthless without a title. With a title its probably worth close to 40k. The nsr and mini cooper are in the same boat, just not as valuable.

Thanks for the address offer. I did have a few people i could have used as well but i didnt want to deal with any issues that may come up in the future that im not aware of.

(4) Try not to be a dick. PurplePackage's Avatar

So after exhausting all possible ways of getting insurance in vt while living in mass and being denied by every single carrier in the state i did what any reasonable person would do and simply bought a ski condo in vt to use as a vt address.
    don't know why, but this popped into my head

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12