Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Wagon/Crossover/4 Door Sedan - Shopping/Research

Re: Wagon/Crossover/4 Door Sedan - Shopping/Research

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    Attachment 56325
    Attachment 56326
    Today on my way home...cruise control light flashing...emergency brake light flashing...check engine light solid on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Subaru are notorious for that with a P0026/28 code. My parents car has thrown that a few times now. First time I just cha get the oil because it was nasty and low. Last time I just reset it and it hasn't come back.

.......and I just realize you posted the code too. Oil burning may have caught up with you or it needs an O2 sensor. I'd reset and carry on, see what it does.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 12-22-21 at 07:45 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Rear o2 sensor...just have to find where to buy and how to replace...shouldn’t be too bad as long at the cat is ok

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

$28 downstream o2 sensor is coming in Thursday...picked it up on amazon...and today the lights on the dash went off...still going to change it out anyway

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 01-04-22 at 09:16 AM.

Done...erased code...we’ll see how it goes...

Wagon/Crossover/4 Door Sedan - Shopping/Research-img_7935-jpg

Any thoughts on the non turbo cx5 engine and performance?

Your park avenue leads to..

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    wasn't really considering them due to poor gas mileage...i want better mileage than i have now and more cargo room...which pretty much puts me in some type of wagon, crossover or hybrid suv

wasn't really considering them due to poor gas mileage...i want better mileage than i have now and more cargo room...which pretty much puts me in some type of wagon, crossover or hybrid suv
    I agree, I test drove one and was disappointed with the engine, and am puzzled by the mpg.

I’m intrigued by the Tucson hybrid, but every dealership is over msrp atm

Lifer

It depends what you expect out of it. It is adequate in the 4wd CX-5, enough so that car and driver still thinks it’s the best of the smaller suv’s. It’s much faster than a Forester. It feels more than adequate in the Mazda 6. It’s hard to compete with some of the Turbo’s - I’d take a 2 liter turbo over this naturally aspirated 2.5. That being said, I’d take the 2.5 over the 1.5 turbo trend…

Ducati Scrambler Icon, Monster 1100evo, VFR/Interceptor, CRF250L/M, CRF230L

I agree, I test drove one and was disappointed with the engine, and am puzzled by the mpg.

I’m intrigued by the Tucson hybrid, but every dealership is over msrp atm
    you have to call around and find a dealership that will order at msrp...at least that's what we had to do with my wife's telluride cause they are in high demand...ordered june 2021 and received september 2021

the santa fe hybrid, tucson hybrid and the sorento hybrid are all similar in size it seems, but the sorento has the 3rd row...and as far as cargo space and mpg goes santa fe (36.4 cu ft, 36 / 31 / 34 mpg), tucson (38.7 cu ft, 38 / 38 / 38 mpg) and sorento (45.0 3rd row folded, 36 / 33 / 35 mpg)...tucson is also priced the lowest of the 3 and the santa fe is in the middle and the sorento is the highest in the base awd trims...i think of these 3 on my list i would lean towards the tucson unless i find i want the 3rd row of the sorento or the extra space...but if i really need the 3rd row i can always just borrow my wife's telluride...i really always go back to the trunk depth vs cargo volume though...i want a deeper trunk cause i don't want to stack stuff up in the back...

at this point though i'm going to drive my legacy into the ground before i need to buy something...by that time i'm hoping there are some more hybrid choices and maybe some hybrid wagons although i don't see any on the horizon

Last edited by Point37; 01-17-22 at 10:34 AM.

Lifer

Trunk space you say? I was amazed by the previous generation Sportage we rented in Aruba. This is luggage for 5 including diving equipment

Lifer

I still miss my 2002 B5.5 Passat wagon with a manual transmission. Drove like a regular car (the Audi it was based on) 39 cubic feet of trunk space and amazingly fit three car seats in the rear seat. We had it for 10 year until my wife decided to kiss a Volvo’s rear ass…

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    It depends what you expect out of it. It is adequate in the 4wd CX-5, enough so that car and driver still thinks it’s the best of the smaller suv’s. It’s much faster than a Forester. It feels more than adequate in the Mazda 6. It’s hard to compete with some of the Turbo’s - I’d take a 2 liter turbo over this naturally aspirated 2.5. That being said, I’d take the 2.5 over the 1.5 turbo trend…
    I know the mags typically pick it tops, in 2017 Subaru tweaked its cvt to make it more responsive, and while on paper the cx5 may be faster, the Subaru feels quicker. The cx5 handles better tho and isn’t as tippy.

But at 6’3” getting out of the Mazda my right shoulder hit the sloped A pillar which has never happened to me, so I may give the Hyundai Tucson limited a try while I wait for the bronco.

you have to call around and find a dealership that will order at msrp...at least that's what we had to do with my wife's telluride cause they are in high demand...ordered june 2021 and received september 2021

the santa fe hybrid, tucson hybrid and the sorento hybrid are all similar in size it seems, but the sorento has the 3rd row...and as far as cargo space and mpg goes santa fe (36.4 cu ft, 36 / 31 / 34 mpg), tucson (38.7 cu ft, 38 / 38 / 38 mpg) and sorento (45.0 3rd row folded, 36 / 33 / 35 mpg)...tucson is also priced the lowest of the 3 and the santa fe is in the middle and the sorento is the highest in the base awd trims...i think of these 3 on my list i would lean towards the tucson unless i find i want the 3rd row of the sorento or the extra space...but if i really need the 3rd row i can always just borrow my wife's telluride...i really always go back to the trunk depth vs cargo volume though...i want a deeper trunk cause i don't want to stack stuff up in the back...

at this point though i'm going to drive my legacy into the ground before i need to buy something...by that time i'm hoping there are some more hybrid choices and maybe some hybrid wagons although i don't see any on the horizon
    I don’t like anything enough to order and an impatient. Grappone isn’t charging over msrp, same with Werner Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    Trunk space you say? I was amazed by the previous generation Sportage we rented in Aruba. This is luggage for 5 including diving equipment
    this is exactly what i mean by wanting more trunk depth vs just cargo capacity...so i don't have to pack up to the ceiling...i drive around with a good amount of stuff that just stays in my trunk for work...i want that stuff on the floor of the cargo area...i want to try to avoid losing the rear view mirror if i have to load it up...granted this photo is more for a trip

Last edited by Point37; 01-17-22 at 12:24 PM.

Lifer

I know the mags typically pick it tops, in 2017 Subaru tweaked its cvt to make it more responsive, and while on paper the cx5 may be faster, the Subaru feels quicker. The cx5 handles better tho and isn’t as tippy.

But at 6’3” getting out of the Mazda my right shoulder hit the sloped A pillar which has never happened to me, so I may give the Hyundai Tucson limited a try while I wait for the bronco.
    Responsive or abrupt, I guess it is how it is viewed. I agree that 0 to 60 does not necessarily represent daily driveability. The Forester is definitely better for taller drivers and passengers. The Mazda seems less roomy inside. In any case I lament the demise of the wagons. Interesting the Passat wagon is so good that they continue making the European version despite discontinuing the sedan.

Well, I was so tempted by the 2022 cx5 turbo… but ended up with a 2022 forester touring. The Harmon Karden seems definitely superior to the Mazdas Bose. The subie is more fuel efficient, has slightly more knee room, better visibility…

The Mazda is touted as the drivers choice, but honestly I spend most of my time commuting on 93. But it does have ventilated seats which I wish subie had.

Most Subaru dealers are hard set on “market adjustment”, including McGovern where I went, but McGovern waived it..

Curious that all three local Mazda dealers are not charging over msrp, but so many other brands are.

Also, frustrating that Kia seems to be owned exclusively by Dan O’Brien who has markup on everything, I would have liked to end up with an Aruba Green Sorento.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567