Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

wanna go swimming?

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

wanna go swimming?

What a great friggin way to wake up......get up, take a piss, go back to bed and hear *pop* ...look over and there is a little water comin outta the bottom of the heater.....ok....get a towel. by the time a get back to the heater with a towel....there's a whole lot o water flowing....calll for help (good thing this is a college and the guys in physical plant like me). He comes over and turns off the steaming water that has now COVERED my bedroom floor. Before he gets here it was a bit of a scramble to get the gecko cage outta there and move all the books and clothes and shit off the floor.... What a morning...and I just woke up.....

and it's -5.8 deg out right now with 30 mph gusts/......

this is before it got really bad,,:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bras cause cancer.

wanna go swimming?

Man that friggin' sucks! At least you were there when it went so you prolly minimized the damage, maybe?

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

wanna go swimming?

awww...damn... that blows dude...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

wanna go swimming?

When I was a freshman in college, the same thing happened to a friend of mine just down the hall. The heater in his room would not shut off and maintenence didn't consider it a priority to fix. So even though it was 0 degrees outside, he had to leave his window open to keep the room at the right temp. Early one morning the entire dorm woke up to a fire alarm going off. I step out of my room assuming it was a drill and saw a thick wall of steam in front of me with water pouring out of his room. The radiator had burst and the ultrahot water hitting the cold air by his window made enough steam to trigger the fire alarms.

School ended up cleaning all of his clothes and buying him a new computer, TV, and stereo which were destroyed. He also got a new radiator.

Lifer

wanna go swimming?

crank the heat on the college's dime and have a pool party. I did it in my dorm freshman year with a blow up kiddy pool in the middle of winter. Best party EVER.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

wanna go swimming?

My apartment has an ancient radiator/steam heating system...

It SUCKS. I took a photo of the boiler at one point cause it has this intricate cast company logo on it. Let's just say the copyright date is not in this century or the last.

I can't imagine the maintenance issues at a college that has an old system.

Ours has broken like 3x this month, we are always trying to debug it..

- Burst drain pipe that caused the furnace to drain it's water onto the floor - pretty easy fix actually

- Burner just randomly stopped and all it required was hitting the emergency restart switch?

- Constant messing with it due to the water level inside the furnace having to be just right

- Radiator release vents shooting rust/water mix, into the living room...

A Cold shower right now sucks REALLY bad when the temperature in your place is already down into the 50s. (I.e. wake up and it's not working and you have to get to work early)

If the house was mine I'd have it ripped out ASAP and put something modern in...

Probably the motivating factor that will get me to get into my own house/condo next fall.

Lifer

wanna go swimming?

Man, that sucks..

The final straw for me to buy my house was when I was sitting in the "living room" of my last rental in the middle of winter and the wind outside blew the mail off the coffee table....

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Littering and........

wanna go swimming?

Of course, you will be making a claim for all of those spendy consumer electronics that were ruined, right???

wanna go swimming?

crank the heat on the college's dime and have a pool party
    Or better yet...shut the heat of and you can skate around your house this winter!..............

j/k big guy.....that really sux!

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!

Re: wanna go swimming?

Nice cover up. She's so F'n hot you cranked one off in your "dreams."
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by Nikon
    What a great friggin way to wake up......get up, take a piss, go back to bed and hear *pop* ...look over and there is a little water comin outta the bottom of the heater.....

Suf Daddy.