Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Warped Tour

Warped Tour

Any degenerates here going tomorrow? We're bringing the midgets down with a couple of their friends. We took Tovah & a friend down last year and expected to follow them around all day blocking our ears and yelling, "WHAT THEEEE FUCK?". Turned out to be a great day with some great bands. I even ended up handing out almost 500 promo CD's for a band (yes, FIVE HUNDRED). We had an absolute blast...

This year, we decided to let Canaan (almost 11) to tag along and bring a friend as well. Parents get in free if accompanying a paid youth. Pretty sweet deal. They have a couple decent adult areas with beer tents, air conditioning, etc...

We should be rolling in around noon or so. Anyone else?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Re: Warped Tour

My first "real concert" was the 1997 Warped Tour in Northampton at Three County Fairgrounds. Oh, memories.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Wow, Ive actually heard of quite a few bands this year. Very much unlike the past few years.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    My first "real concert" was the 1997 Warped Tour in Northampton at Three County Fairgrounds. Oh, memories.
    LOL! My first "real concert" was the 1981 "For Those About To Rock" tour in Hartford, CT. I was twelve and my buddy's mom took us for his birthday...

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Wow, Ive actually heard of quite a few bands this year. Very much unlike the past few years.
    Yeah, my daughter turned me onto to Octane on SiriusXM. A handful of bands get air time on that channel...

Not going to warped tour but going to Grey Fox Festival later this week. Their thursday schedule alone blows away any other Northeast bluegrass fest (Del McCoury Band, Steeldrivers, Mark O'connor band, Infamous Stringdusters all on Thursday)

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    Not going to warped tour but going to Grey Fox Festival later this week. Their thursday schedule alone blows away any other Northeast bluegrass fest (Del McCoury Band, Steeldrivers, Mark O'connor band, Infamous Stringdusters all on Thursday)
    Not to open a can of worms here, but you couldn't pay me to go to a bluegrass festival. Holy fuck, I'd rather chew on a powerline...

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Any degenerates here going tomorrow? We're bringing the midgets down with a couple of their friends. We took Tovah & a friend down last year and expected to follow them around all day blocking our ears and yelling, "WHAT THEEEE FUCK?". Turned out to be a great day with some great bands. I even ended up handing out almost 500 promo CD's for a band (yes, FIVE HUNDRED). We had an absolute blast...

This year, we decided to let Canaan (almost 11) to tag along and bring a friend as well. Parents get in free if accompanying a paid youth. Pretty sweet deal. They have a couple decent adult areas with beer tents, air conditioning, etc...

We should be rolling in around noon or so. Anyone else?
    That's a great deal considering some of the band's go back 20 years.

LOL! My first "real concert" was the 1981 "For Those About To Rock" tour in Hartford, CT. I was twelve and my buddy's mom took us for his birthday...
    I was a bit of a late bloomer, 14 when I attended that show. In 1981 my parents were still considering the potential benefits of my existence (still to this day, I'm sure.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    That sounds like a great time. We're going to see Chris Stapleton (who used to front the Steeldrivers) this Friday with a pleasantly surprising opening linup; Anderson East and Brent Cobb. I can't damn stand pop country (looking at you, Sam Hunt) but every once in a while a few good artists come out of the genre. Highly recommend looking up both of the opening acts.

Holy fuck, I'd rather chew on a powerline...
    That would be fine, just don't touch anything else in the process.

I was a bit of a late bloomer, 14 when I attended that show. In 1981 my parents were still considering the potential benefits of my existence (still to this day, I'm sure.)

That sounds like a great time. We're going to see Chris Stapleton (who used to front the Steeldrivers) this Friday with a pleasantly surprising opening linup; Anderson East and Brent Cobb. I can't damn stand pop country (looking at you, Sam Hunt) but every once in a while a few good artists come out of the genre. Highly recommend looking up both of the opening acts.

That would be fine, just don't touch anything else in the process.
    If you're a Stapleton fan check out a band he was in a few years ago The Jompson Brothers. Same intense vocals, but with a southern rock backing band - not so sleepy like his newer stuff (which I also like)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I don't remember which was first for me, went to a Steppenwolf concert and a Santana concert back in '71/'72, but most memorable was Mac's Party in Holland, VT on labor day weekend in '73 Long Before Phish - Mac's Party Vermont Music Festivals!

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Okay...so next question. Actually, let me preface this question by saying that neither of the two aforementioned midgets has confirmation that I smoke nor would I do so around them. Although truth be told, I'd prefer at this point they openly admitted to knowing. It's a pain in the ass!

If it's legal to posses the giggle bush in Mass now, can I presume that I can bring it into the venue without fear of reprisal of any sort? The Warped Tour site, the Warped Tour venue-specific site and the Xfinity Center site state that no illegal substances may be brought in. I know it's still technically illegal to sell in Mass, but legal to posses...

Or should I just go the tried & true old school method of stuffing my dugout into my skivvies?

It's currently only legal for consumption in your private residence if I understand correctly. In transit it is supposed to be in a "closed container" and depending on how your read the law, locked. OUI is still in play for pot. I'd go for the dugout.

It's currently only legal for consumption in your private residence if I understand correctly. In transit it is supposed to be in a "closed container" and depending on how your read the law, locked. OUI is still in play for pot. I'd go for the dugout.
    Private residence? No shit?

As of now, yes. That may change once retail opens but since they're privately tweaking that part of the law I'm not sure what will open up. I'm going to guess only in businesses which are licensed for consumption.

See, you must think of the children.

Illegal to smoke in public, but de-criminalized a couple years ago, so it's only a fine if caught.

Xfinity center is private property, though, so if they say no, you might get tossed out. I'm sure there will be a couple people smoking though.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 15 KX450F sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Side note, I never understood why people would want to get high at a metal concert? Pantera used to always play a song halfway through there show and everyone would smoke up. Then it would go right back to the heavy stuff and you'd get your face smashed in. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Do you remember seeing me there?

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 15 KX450F sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Or should I just go the tried & true old school method of stuffing my dugout into my skivvies?
    Last summer we went to a show at Blue Hills Bank Pavillion in Boston and it was a fucking smoke show!! So thick my clients' fiancÚ had to keep leaving to get out from under the canopy! No security even blinked an eye, it was all good. Go the dugout route to ensure you get your medicine, then look into the pens and tinctures for future use, super discrete.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Last summer we went to a show at Blue Hills Bank Pavillion in Boston and it was a fucking smoke show!! So thick my clients' fiancÚ had to keep leaving to get out from under the canopy! No security even blinked an eye, it was all good. Go the dugout route to ensure you get your medicine, then look into the pens and tinctures for future use, super discrete.
    I hear that! Holy hell! The only dry spot was under the canopy at the main stage. My youngest was stuck to us like glue, and I had to take him for walks to get away from all the smoke & vaporizer residuals. Fuck man, it was giving *ME* a headache. Fuckin' retards would come plop themselves right next to us (again, with my 10-year old son) and start firing that shit up. I had to ask twice for people to move along. They understood when I gave them the old head-nod towards my son. I wouldn't have said anything, but they came to where we were sitting and started it up...

I forgot to take the dugout outta my pocket & hide it. Which was just as well, because I also forgot to leave my new Kershaw knife back at the car as well. No bother though, they were only concerned about the small bags my wife & kids brought in...

I've never been a big fan of the pens & vaporizers and all that shit. Not really a big fan of edibles either. I just like it the good ol' fashioned way. Gimme a pack of Zig Zags over any of that crap any day...