Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Who's in Lawrence? Anybody need help?

Re: Who's in Lawrence? Anybody need help?

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Sav... Where are you bro. Vouch for me.
    The number you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please try again later.

1 Not allowed!

I laughed because there was absolutely no information given out to us the people who live here. We were told that most of the problems were taken care of. Iím in my house two days after the explosions and fires have gone. Moved out for 24 hrs , was told my Electric and gas was being shut off and probably will not be back on for weeks. My neighbor called me saying that no such thing happened we are safe. I take my family back home on Friday. Then on Sunday sum guy pulls up in front of my home telling me I could be subject to arrest for occupying my home. Then 1 hour later guys from the gas company show up and say my street was never in danger NOR was it on a list of NOT TO OCCUPY!

This is the reason why I was laughing. All information was either UNTRUE OR MISLEADING

I have a lot more to add but typing on a phone or iPad is as maddening as the situation I was in less than a week ago

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamdineen View Post
    I laughed because there was absolutely no information given out to us the people who live here. We were told that most of the problems were taken care of. I’m in my house two days after the explosions and fires have gone. Moved out for 24 hrs , was told my Electric and gas was being shut off and probably will not be back on for weeks. My neighbor called me saying that no such thing happened we are safe. I take my family back home on Friday. Then on Sunday sum guy pulls up in front of my home telling me I could be subject to arrest for occupying my home. Then 1 hour later guys from the gas company show up and say my street was never in danger NOR was it on a list of NOT TO OCCUPY!

This is the reason why I was laughing. All information was either UNTRUE OR MISLEADING

I have a lot more to add but typing on a phone or iPad is as maddening as the situation I was in less than a week ago
    To be fair it was complete chaos in a lot of ways and it's hard to fault for inaccurate or incomplete info. I would laugh at saying I'd be arrested since I'm pretty sure the cops had more important things to respond at the time.

I was listening to the feed for Lawrence fire before my power got cut and how they handled the complete shit show that was handed to them without losing their collective minds was impressive. How you stay on top of and coordinate incidents of that proportion isn't exactly something you get to practice everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

This gas company hires Sub Contractors to do most of their work. This is how they can pass blame on. It’s the old wasn’t me defense.
    Which is probably partially why the mayor is upset over the lawsuits. They signed off on the contractors and I'm sure the city is gonna get sucked into some legal battles.

0 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

[QUOTE=e30addict;1533642]To be fair it was complete chaos in a lot of ways and it's hard to fault for inaccurate or incomplete info. I would laugh at saying I'd be arrested since I'm pretty sure the cops had more important things to respond at the time.

I was listening to the feed for Lawrence fire before my power got cut and how they handled the complete shit show that was handed to them without losing their collective minds was impressive. How you stay on top of and coordinate incidents of that proportion isn't exactly something you get to practice everyday.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -

This is true and I agree except that Columbia Gas was a complete no-show!
    It was a complete failure of public safety. I was a go to guy in my neighborhood with my experience with this sort of thing in a quasi way. My family and neighborhood was on eggshells and needed to be reassured that their homes werenít about to explode.
    This was not the case of reassurance or an explanation that there was still a possibility of danger. All this was is Iím gonna cover my own ass. I could understand if this was on the day that this was happening but it wasnít. It was three days later. The day it happened the only information given was hearsay from one neighbor to another.

Let me say Columbia Gas COMPLETELY SCREWED THE POOCH with this but there was also a total lack of response from those who are paid by us the taxpayers. They are supposed to keep us safe and protect our property. Iím not saying that they should have been going door to door knocking but the police have PAís on the top of the cars and can speak to the masses.

0 Not allowed!

GAS UPDATE.

I was just hired today to do a home by Home inspection on every house or business that was effected by over pressurized gas. Over 8 thousands units. We will possibly be installing electric hot water tanks, boilers , heaters electrical service, and CO2 fire alarms. The scope of the work is still not completely clear. Thatís up to Columbia Gas.
    I am a licensed electrician working for a sub that will be going door to door to evaluate the comprised equipment. This is the first step in the process.

This should be interesting!

1 Not allowed!

GAS UPDATE.

I was just hired today to do a home by Home inspection on every house or business that was effected by over pressurized gas. Over 8 thousands units. We will possibly be installing electric hot water tanks, boilers , heaters electrical service, and CO2 fire alarms. The scope of the work is still not completely clear. That’s up to Columbia Gas.
    I am a licensed electrician working for a sub that will be going door to door to evaluate the comprised equipment. This is the first step in the process.

What a can of worms. Half of the electric services you look at will either be too shitty to add anything to, or just undersized. Hopefully the electric grid can take it, now that AC season is over I'd hope it will be ok.

0 Not allowed!

GAS UPDATE.

I was just hired today to do a home by Home inspection on every house or business that was effected by over pressurized gas. Over 8 thousands units. We will possibly be installing electric hot water tanks, boilers , heaters electrical service, and CO2 fire alarms. The scope of the work is still not completely clear. That’s up to Columbia Gas.

Well that's gonna be lucrative!

0 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    What a can of worms. Half of the electric services you look at will either be too shitty to add anything to, or just undersized. Hopefully the electric grid can take it, now that AC season is over I'd hope it will be ok.
    This^^^^ As much as I have been hearing people say they are converting to electric, NGRID is probably cringing as the grid would be really taxed with that much extra draw.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123