Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Wood stove

Re: Wood stove

We are looking into the HTP Superstor as an option, but that sounds like $2500 to $3k installed...? I've heard many of the same positive statements you pointed out with that type of system.

The tankless boilers, at least in my opinion, are a cost-saving measure for contractors when houses are being built. I've always found mine incredibly annoying when it cycles 30 seconds apart whenever the two zones are each demanding water at different times.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Still rocking the Old Mill wood stove.

Had to replace some basement windows due to rotting wood and also added some drapes for the basement slider. What a difference! I can get heat to the upstairs in as little as 2hrs now....which is great because I am currently looking at an issue with my boiler after I changed my sediment filter. I think something during the filter change resulted in a blockage in the heater coil. Won't know until I try a few things. It's a Weil-McClain WTGO tankless, if anyone has suggestions or ideas.
    I know some one that has these, awesome for heat retention
    https://www.windowquilt.com/

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    We are looking into the HTP Superstor as an option, but that sounds like $2500 to $3k installed...? I've heard many of the same positive statements you pointed out with that type of system.

The tankless boilers, at least in my opinion, are a cost-saving measure for contractors when houses are being built. I've always found mine incredibly annoying when it cycles 30 seconds apart whenever the two zones are each demanding water at different times.
    i have had a superstor in an indirect fired 3 zone system with one of their wall hung boilers since 2010...htp is local for me so it works out well...had to replace a wheel inside the boiler during a routine cleaning but that's it...get the boiler cleaned every 2-3 years...i have 1 pump that is starting to make noise so i bought a replacement and have it ready to go just in case...i have a guy if you need a contact

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; 12-05-19 at 08:36 AM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Ok, here are all the pieces in place.
    Wood stove-20191205_193229-jpg Wood stove-20191205_165003-jpg Wood stove-20191206_065237-jpg Wood stove-20191205_193350-jpg
    There is a bosch plenum on top of the furnace that the heatpump will pipe into. A Reillo ECM will control the whole shooting match. I can set the crossover temp to max out efficiency from the heatpump. I think that number is actually around 32 degrees. Colder than that and the oil furnace will be more efficient.

2 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

That's awesome. Almost makes me want to tear the walls apart and run ducts.. Almost.

Wish they did a water/water heat pump arrangement. (Actually I think they do.)
    But then a couple mini-splits are probably a better choice.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    That's awesome. Almost makes me want to tear the walls apart and run ducts.. Almost.

Wish they did a water/water heat pump arrangement. (Actually I think they do.)
    But then a couple mini-splits are probably a better choice.
    Yeah, this is definitely a cadillac system. It was pricey, but I already had the duct work and oil tank. There is a 3600 rebate this yer for reducing oil consumption, so it offset more than half the cost of the heatpump add on.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Been a couple weeks. Just let the stove go out for the first time fully since I put it in.

Still very happy. One night I didn't let the cat get fully up to temp so I had to give it more air for 5 minutes, but other than that it's been a repeating cycle of putting as much wood in as I can fit, turn the thermostat to where I want it 5-10 minutes later, then come back to put more wood in 12-24 hours later. Just so easy.

Gotta take a break on the wood though. Using less per heating day, but it's so easy to run that I've been burning constantly. Only have a couple cords (if that) to last me the winter. If I had a couple more, I'd let this thing burn all winter/spring.

Next year I'll have what I need, that's for sure. I'll keep an eye out for sales on those bio bricks in the meantime to help out this winter.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 12-06-19 at 11:14 AM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I'm going on year fifteen with my hearthstone Mansfield. It still fits the bill, and can keep my place hot as fuck on the coldest days of the year. The most important thing is dry wood. If it's not seasoned for two years, it will sizzle.

Wood stove-kimg0227-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by burnham; 12-06-19 at 04:36 PM.

Pretty happy with the Harman, tho we only use it when we have company over.
    Also thinking about getting another wood stove for the fireplace in the bedroom just to even out the heat while burning.
    Going on week 5 without using any oil for heat and hot water, and have burnt maybe 1/2 cord of wood so far

Wood stove-img_20191206_170112-jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789