Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Best/Worst Airline/Airport

Re: Best/Worst Airline/Airport

Worst airport for me : Boston
    Worst airline for me : Monarch

Best airline for me : British
    Best airport for me : Providence

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by R7; 08-21-17 at 05:11 AM.
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Best airport: Narita Japan. Decent food, nice shops with good service. They even have rooms you can rent by the hour for a nice hot shower and beds to catch some Zzzzs. They also sell naughty mags if that's your thing.

worst: Chicago. Got caught in a blizzard and had to stay there overnight one time. Was wishing I was in Narita so I could make use of those showers and beds

0 Not allowed!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000R. Past: 2010 Streefighter S, 2006 Monter S2R1000, 2003 RC51

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    Best airport: Narita Japan.
    When I went through there, they had a guy at the baggage claim whose job it was to catch bags as they slid off the conveyer belt so they wouldn't slam into the bottom of the carousel. It was a small detail but certainly noticed.

0 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

JetBlue is my first choice for domestic, Delta is my 2nd. American is bad and United is worse.

I don't mind BOS, but that's mostly because I've flown there so often. CVG (Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky) is decent, now that I fly there a bunch. I never liked PHL and I hate LAS, mostly because I hate Las Vegas.

In terms of foreign airports.. Istanbul's airport is an absolute zoo, but relatively well-organized. Dubai is huge but well-organized, although I once puked all over a customs officer's car on the tarmac. Changi (Singapore) is probably my favorite, as it has the best food and most comforts. All of the West African ones sucked, Senegal's Dakar sucked the least. Lomé-Tokoin in Togo sucked the worst, because I try to avoid traveling to an airport named after a country's sitting president. (He died in 2005.)

In more recent experiences, Moscow has three airports in the metro area, I've been to two. Sheremetyevo wasn't bad, the entry customs & immigration officers were very thorough. Domodedovo sucked, the exit immigration & customs guys were even worse.

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Spirit Air is terrible in my one experience... Virgin from BOS > LAX and back has probably been my best experience after a lot of domestic travel. As far as airports, they all suck. Denver seems to stick out as a nicer one though.

Anybody flown WOWair? They've got some some great deals to Europe out of BOS.

0 Not allowed!

Favorite airport was Punta Cana DR. They had tiki huts with Big Ass Fans in the ceiling for the arrival/customs terminal last time I was there.

Worst airport experience was in Philly, although it was 5+ years ago. Had to go out and back in through security to go to a different terminal changing planes. Fuck that.

Can't really beat flying Club World with BA from Boston to Heathrow, even world traveler plus is a nice trip.

Don't really have any bad experiences with a specific airline so I won't take the time to bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Worst airport experience was in Philly, although it was 5+ years ago. Had to go out and back in through security to go to a different terminal changing planes. Fuck that.
    While there are plenty of reasons to hate PHL, you don't have to leave the sterile area to move between Terminal F and the rest of the airport (and vice versa). There are shuttle stops near gate A1 and at C-16 that go to Terminal F so you do not have to go through security again.

Prior to the recent remodel they did on Terminal F, you could not walk from Terminal E to F without leaving the sterile area. The new renovation includes a foot bridge so now you can walk to Terminal F without having to go through security again.

0 Not allowed!
    "...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Worst airport: Laguardia, I've never had an on-time flight through there
    Best Airport: I actually liked Detroit, it was empty

Best Airline: Virgin
    Worst Airline: pretty much the rest, except Jet Blue, it wasn't too bad

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

How's Los Angeles X? I'm flying out of there in a couple weeks.

0 Not allowed!

Love JetBlue for an airline and Love West Palm Beach for an airport. I've never had a security line last more than 10 minutes.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12